Wednesday, 19 December 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousReview Forums > Dealers & Services > Two Wheels Edinburgh
Info
Dunfermline,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon19 Aug 2002 11:45
When I rode to Barnds Hatch this year I noticed that the intermediate pipe on my Daytona was resting on the front bolt mount for the dog bones (rear suspension). I booked it into Two Wheels to have them fix it. I picked it up on Saturday and they said they couldn't fix it and that it was a factory tolerance issue. Lazy bastards! I wonder if it has anything to do with the warranty running out at the end of the month.

Anyway, the vibration transferred to the bike makes my hand go to sleep on long rides. I saw a mechanic I know and we'll fix it ourselves this Saturday by heating the pipe with an oxy and bending it so it clears.

I can't believe their attitude. Anybody else using them be aware they can be pretty ordinary.
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
davie
coatbridge,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon25 May 2004 13:20
two wheels

phoned regarding fuel light coming on when it felt like it ,answer no i was told it could not be adjusted,
-
Brian Dickson
Dollar, Scotland,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (02-04)

icon03 Jun 2004 14:48
Hmm...

They've always been fine to me..

-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (99-01)

icon14 Aug 2004 15:24
When I phoned about booking my bike in for the fuel connector recall mod, they were pretty relaxed about the matter to the extent of saying that it wasn't a particularly rush job to get done.

Dunno about anyone else, but I much prefer petrol to ignite INSIDE the engine and not OUTSIDE!

If you're in Scotland they're one of the three remaining authorised Trumpy dealers - the other two are in Aberdeen and Glasgow respectively.
-
Terry Paterson
Dunfermline,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon30 Oct 2004 12:42
I think the guys on the floor are good, knowledgeable, hardworking types, and more than willing to discuss problems with you !

but the management wants them to get as many bikes in and out as possible - and spend as little time on each bike and speaking to each customer as possible ! (or at least thats how it feels)

but then it's probably the same with all big dealers !
-
david brown
edinburgh,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Oct 2005 08:02
no competition

I had a friend who took his bike there to be repaired and the service was terrible. The fork tops came back with hammer marks on them, and one of the handlebars trapped your hand against the tank. The service manager did not think this was a problem, even when told it was dangerous and an MOT failure. Everone makes mistakes but trying to deny them shows little care for customers after they have paid there money. There was also the sump plug left loose on another persons bike. The same manager would not put through a warranty claim on a cracked RC45 seat unit because he said the owner had been using it to carry pillions. This was a fairly common flaw on this model, and the manager admitted he had no reason for suggesting a pillion had been carried. There was a national radio show (BBC radio 1) that named the Two Wheels manager "Mr Spoons" a few years ago. This is not a compliment should anyone not have heard the show. They operate in a protected environment when there is no choice of dealers available unless you are willing to travel 50 miles.
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon29 Oct 2005 09:43
Excellent first post 49

You'll fit in well here 03
-
kevm
Amber Valley,
United Kingdom

Rocket III Roadster (10->)

icon30 Oct 2005 10:51
I remember 2 Wheels from years (as in 20+ years) ago when they were a small shop on Dalkeith Road. Same guy owned it as now, used to take quite a lot of my business their way with no complaints. The current shop looks very nice but I have not used them for anything.
-
Terence of the North
Newcastle upon Tyne,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (05->)

icon30 Oct 2005 22:08
welcome David

You have the same lack of choice as we in the North East of England have (or is it havent!?)
Other than Newcastle our next dealers are Edinburgh or Leeds, upwards of 100 miles in either direction.

Skippy
just keep at them
I expect they are the same as any other dealer workshops whether it be car or bike. A mixture of expert and untrained staff with pressure on the mechanics to shift numbers everyday.
Its up to us as customers to be firm and insist on a minimum level of service. It shouldnt have to get to the counter banging stage as that seldom helps much, but if necessary, go to it
One of the major problems many folks on here seem to have is opinion on whether something is or isnt deemed to be warranty work. Many a thread is taken up with that!
-
JohntheJock
Northern Lad,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon01 Nov 2005 19:41
I wouldn’t recommend the dealer in Aberdeen either.

My mate has an ongoing problem will them at the moment.

Three way conversations between him, Triumph and dealer over fault diagnosis .

I will post details when all is resolved.
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon01 Nov 2005 20:52
JohntheJock:

Funny you should say that, as I remember a conversation I had with a T595 member while on holiday in Skye a few years ago who had had problems with the dealer you mention.

Said member had a warranty issue with his bike and the dealer just more or less pissed him about. When they hadn't sorted out his bike after about three or four attempts, he contacted Triumph who then contacted the dealer and, if memory serves me correctly, basically told the dealer to fix the bike to the customer's satisfaction or they would withdraw the franchise.

The dealer then tried again to fix the bike but failed, so the guy, fed up by now, took his bike down to Motorcycle King (now defunct) where I had got my bike and the mechanic there, diagnosed and fixed the fault within about five minutes.
-
Fieldsheer
Fife,
United Kingdom

icon10 Nov 2005 15:49
Dave at Motorcycle King had the advantage of having worked on Alfa Romeos before so was a dab hand with the diagnostics.

It was indeed a sad day when King`s shut down as they knew how to look after customers.

First time on so hello to everybody out there, have a vitual beer on me.
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon10 Nov 2005 20:05
Hello Fieldsheer.

Agreed about Dave and MotoKing - he was good and so were they.
-
Gus Von Gee
Houston,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon12 Nov 2005 11:59
Bob

Did the bloke come from Skye and have a blue S3?

Gus
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon13 Nov 2005 23:20
Gus: Yes he came from Skye - down by Armadale, and he had an S3. It was in September 2001 and neon blue was by then an S3 colour so it could well have been blue but I don't know as he wasn't on it at the time.

Wasn't you by any chance?
-
Gus Von Gee
Houston,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon17 Nov 2005 19:52
Bob

No, it wasn't me. I've got a yellow T595. Might have been my mate Rob who is from that neck of the woods. He still owns it. When are you headed up there next year? I'm planning on visiting the Eilan a Cheo (sp) several times next year. I'll stand you a beer/soft drink at the Slig!

Gus
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon17 Nov 2005 20:15
Gus: He did tell me his name but I can't remember what it was, although Rob does sound familiar.

I'm hoping to be up there the first two weeks in June although that's not definite as yet.

Unfortunately I just love nailing the throttle just off the bend at the Slig and up the hill towards Portree04494949

Tis very addictive, maybe I should stop......03

Quote:
I'll stand you a beer/soft drink at the Slig!

Likewise49
-
Robbo
Glasgow,
United Kingdom

Daytona 1200

icon18 Nov 2005 12:25
Gus, Bob, when your heading over to Sligachan give me a shout and i'll stand you both a drink!
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon18 Nov 2005 17:59
Seems to be catching........034949
-
Gus Von Gee
Houston,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon18 Nov 2005 20:57
Bob & Robbo 213349

I love the thrash from Dunvegan to the Slig with the Black Cuillins as the backdrop. Especially the bends at Drynoch - you'll know the one's I mean!!!
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon19 Nov 2005 19:43
Oh yes.....04

Pity they don't have an Isle of Skye TT.....
-
Robbo
Glasgow,
United Kingdom

Daytona 1200

icon20 Nov 2005 15:57
Thought 'we' did Bob? every couple weeks or so during the summer??
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon20 Nov 2005 19:20
Haven't been to the Skye TT since 200309
-
Gus Von Gee
Houston,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon06 Dec 2005 12:32
Triumph Edinburgh

I read in the latest edition of Torque that Two Wheels are opening a new store. Does anyone have any inside info they'd like to share?
-
DCS3
Glasgow,
United Kingdom

icon07 Dec 2005 21:05
Its right next door to the existing showroom.
-
Shog69
Bonnie Scotland,
United Kingdom

icon24 Dec 2005 16:47
Have to stick up for my local dealer, I've purchased 5 bikes from them and today placed an order for a new Sprint ST. I have always had very good service from them and found them to be very helpfull, had a few small problems with my current bike and they sorted them out very quickly. I also get a 10% discount on all my kit and this was not asked for or expected by myself. I give them top marks and would not go elsewhere even though i know i could buy my ST cheaper elsewhere. 494949494949
-
Carl Scotson
West Lothian,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon01 Feb 2006 13:45
That’s where I bought my bike from. As a dealer selling bikes, I have no complaints. However, I've never tried them for servicing (I like doing it myself)

It's also great to see that this is quite a Scottish representation on this board (I used to have a Kawa ZR7 and was a member of the zr-7 forum. I was the only one in this neck of the woods. It got a bit lonely!)

Carl

-
martyn
edinburgh,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T509

icon01 Oct 2006 18:57
two wheels mot

Failed my s3 for too loud non standard can, headlight about 1/2 mm too high, tried to sell my standard can £365, funny that can on bike had exact same part no as their new can.
Mecahnic wouldn't listen, bought trident can with legal baffle £260 in titanium,still refused to pass as idiot said baffle meant nothing anyone can make 1, after thinking of twatting mechanic took bike to Scotts in joppa told them. took 10 mins for them to check bike and pass it.

WILL NEVER GO BACK TO TWO WHEELS, am considering getting a guzzi instead
-
Bob
Dunno Yet,
United Kingdom

icon02 Oct 2006 18:25
martyn:
idiot said baffle meant nothing anyone can make 1

There was someone else on here who's bike they failed for the same reason. And it's bollocks - what matters is how noisy the can is, or isn't, not who made the baffle. Unfortunately, the noise measurement is subjective as the tester has the option to fail if in his/her "opinion" the bike is making excessive noise.

Which is plain wrong, since it then leaves the test wide open to abuse by some jobsworth.....
-
Gus Von Gee
Houston,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon02 Oct 2006 19:31
When I took my bike for it's MOT with standard can on the mechanic moaned that it was too quiet!!
-
Flash
Glasgow,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 Oct 2006 20:06
Gus,How you doing?? Just ordered a full race system for the Gixxer so I feel it won't be too quiet for your MOT man. Must get that run soon..........................G....49
-
Gus Von Gee
Houston,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon02 Oct 2006 21:18
Have you ordered a rain suit too? 07

-
Grant Robertson
Aberdeen, Scotland,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (02-04)

icon03 Oct 2006 08:17
When my ST was due it's first MOT in July I booked it into Shirlaws in Aberdeen. I weas worried about my underseat system (Wolf) being too loud but Mark (workshop foreeman) said not to worry and that he had a standard can he could fit for the test 07.
Top bloke!
When i was thinking about a getting a 955 Daytona a few weeks back I called 2 Wheels; they had the one I wanted (all black) but the guy on the phone sounded a bit of an arse.

Anyway, having just fitted a PC3, a new WP shock and had a shorter drag link made, I'm keeping my ST.
-
Skippy
Dunfermline,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon03 Oct 2006 13:10
The prices they ask for their 2nd hand bikes are above the odds too I reckon.
-
john dunlop
mid lothian,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 Jul 2014 15:23
Hi Guys I needed rear wheel bearings on the rear wheel of my Trophy 900, as I was buying a rear tyre they fitted the bearings free of charge, excellent service. Their prices have also bee competetive. Going up the West Coast near end of August ending up with a ride out at Thunder in the Glens if anyone is interested.
-
Jason Kenny
North West,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon09 May 2016 11:01
I'm never going to find out what they are like becasue I emailed them about a bike they had in stock (out of hours) and never got a reply. When I telephoned to ask the same question they said it was sold - despite it still being advertised.

Don't know what they got for it but I was willing to pay the asking price.

If the service is bad when tou are trying to buy something...what will it be like later?
-
NextRSSPreviousReview Forums > Dealers & Services > Two Wheels Edinburgh
-