Monday, 25 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > paras
Info
preston lancs,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon14 Mar 2019 11:48
Para to stand trial for bloody sunday Should be all the f!$%ing poloticians:angry:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Mar 2019 11:53
They let the f!$%ing provos out of the H Blocks with an amnesty and have never pursued Adams for his part in multiple murders, but they do this.

We are still waiting for the pub bombers to be hunted down and prosecuted, but that aint going to happen.

Has that provo supporting c!$% corbyn opened his f!$%ing hole yet?
-
Strongy
Cumbria,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon14 Mar 2019 12:23
That is disgusting, no way should they stand trial for that, it happened nearly 50 yrs ago :angry::angry:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Mar 2019 13:27
:thumbdown:

I get fed up listening to the people whinging on about Hillsborough too.
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon14 Mar 2019 13:43
Truly outrageous, when thos IRA scumbags don't do any time or if they do, they're let out early as heroes. :angry:
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Mar 2019 13:48
Well if they want to play that game, let's have all the IRA scum they released from prison, or agreed not to chase down, dragged back inside to finish their sentence. f!$%ing politicians stabbing us in the back yet again! :angry::angry::angry:
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Mar 2019 16:51
This is particularly close to my heart. Where will it end ?, will all of us who served tours in NI in the mid to late 70`s early 80`s and saw some `action` riots etc be pulled in by the MOD, questioned and then fed to the police and CPS. Acting under orders should mean the same immunity from prosecution the bloody provo`s receive. The freedoms this country enjoys are built on the backs of servicemen/women, I truly hope every c!$% involved in bringing this prosecution dies of cancer, painfully and slowly.
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Mar 2019 16:53
:thumbup:
-
chief lurker
preston lancs,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon14 Mar 2019 17:57
:thumbup::thumbup:
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon14 Mar 2019 18:02
Well said Greasy :thumbup:
-
Henpecked
Gtr Manchester,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (05->)

icon14 Mar 2019 20:32
How can anyone serving their country now think about following an order knowing that they have no protection when their actions could be reassessed in the future?

If a para/squaddie left barracks of their own volition and shot someone in anything other than self defence then I'd say they should face the same legal system as anyone else but the guys on patrol should have immunity by default providing they follow the rules that are usually set.

Vaguely remember reading that UK forces could only engage the enemy in one conflict when fired upon first. Talk about surrendering any advantage and handing the initiative to the enemy just to be sure. I bet the rule would change quickly if the politicians were on the front line.
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon14 Mar 2019 22:05
Greasy.:thumbup::thumbup:
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Mar 2019 23:04
Henpecked:
How can anyone serving their country now think about following an order knowing that they have no protection when their actions could be reassessed in the future?

If a para/squaddie left barracks of their own volition and shot someone in anything other than self defence then I'd say they should face the same legal system as anyone else but the guys on patrol should have immunity by default providing they follow the rules that are usually set.

Vaguely remember reading that UK forces could only engage the enemy in one conflict when fired upon first. Talk about surrendering any advantage and handing the initiative to the enemy just to be sure. I bet the rule would change quickly if the politicians were on the front line.

The Paras have always maintained that they were fired upon before they opened fire. You'll notice that when discussing the incident they're always careful to say that "none of those shot were armed" no mention of whether anyone else there was!
And another thing; this was a highly stressful, provocative environment that went wrong very quickly. The IRA's atrocities against innocent members of public were planned acts of terrorism - BIG difference.
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Mar 2019 09:13
My son was in the paras for 7 years, they are not peacekeepers they are fighting troops. They were placed in the wrong area at the wrong time, those above them need to be held accountable not a single soldier.
-
Strongy
Cumbria,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon15 Mar 2019 11:27
well said Russ :thumbup::thumbup:
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon15 Mar 2019 11:35
The Paras have always maintained that they were fired upon before they opened fire. You'll notice that when discussing the incident they're always careful to say that "none of those shot were armed" no mention of whether anyone else there was!

They weren't armed by the time they were retrieved !!!!

Two lads who found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time and hesitated about pulling their guns ended being kicked to death. That's what happens when soldiers don't have confidence in support.
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Mar 2019 13:50
Oh I remember that, really awful, made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon15 Mar 2019 16:08
russ123rocket:
My son was in the paras for 7 years, they are not peacekeepers they are fighting troops. They were placed in the wrong area at the wrong time, those above them need to be held accountable not a single soldier.

Spot on.

I was involved with the Good Friday Agreement as researcher, and I can categorically state that this pursuing of our troops was not the intention of anyone I met whilst working there.........this is something our current politicians have cooked up.

I have no idea why, and it's very wrong.
-
Bez
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom

Sprint 900

icon19 Mar 2019 18:30
russ123rocket:

Sounds right to me. Someone is dodging responsibility here and passing the buck.

I have never been in the army or profess to know much about it but I understand its basic foundations are built on chain of command and hierarchy.

I would assume the guy who is happy to take the most money best living conditions best uniform ect also has to take the responsibility and carry the can for those serving under him when things go wrong. In this case it seems like this solder as has been hung out to dry to save his seniors.
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon19 Mar 2019 19:19
f!$%ing traitor Blair gave amnesty to all the PIRA who were serving life, and wrote to over 200 of the bastards to inform them they would not be prosecuted for their terrorist activities, then the Blair c!$% got them pardoned. It is on his cowardly shoulders for caving in to terrorists that this has happened to soldier F. I would take the work of a soldier over that of terrorist or terrorist sympathisers over whether the Irish fired first, and so should our legal system
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon19 Mar 2019 19:27
The non-persual of paramilitaries from both sides was a necessary evil to get the Good Friday Agreement through and ensure (relative) peace in Northern Ireland and beyond. It has saved hundreds of lives.

The prosecution, or even the investigation, of the soldiers is inexcusable.
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon19 Mar 2019 19:55
Tell that to anyone who served tours in NI, I know the reply you would get :thumbdown:. Working on that theory all serial killers should be pardoned in the hope they dont kill again !!
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon19 Mar 2019 19:58
I accept that it was far from ideal, but what alternative would you prefer?
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon19 Mar 2019 20:02
Personally I would have shot every captured terrorist (especially PIRA), after seeing the evil atrocities they are capable of, giving in to them would not have been an option.
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon19 Mar 2019 20:20
OK.

I give up.
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon20 Mar 2019 10:57
Unfortunately,that's exactly what the Blair government did.:grin:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon20 Mar 2019 21:47
That bloke Nick:

I agree with you, but the point is, if they let the provo c!$%s out, and stopped hunting the wanted ones, then they should be consistent and not go after squaddies.
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon20 Mar 2019 21:50
595daytona:
That bloke Nick:

I agree with you, but the point is, if they let the provo c!$%s out, and stopped hunting the wanted ones, then they should be consistent and not go after squaddies.

Nick did say:
"The prosecution, or even the investigation, of the soldiers is inexcusable."
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon21 Mar 2019 07:00
Can't guarantee the validity of this, but............

/media/file/135533.aspx
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon21 Mar 2019 08:33
The thing is, what actually happened on that day isn't the issue, even if it were cold blooded murder, (which I VERY much doubt it was). The problem is that known and convicted IRA terrorists were freed and told they will never face a court for their calculated, callous acts of murder and THAT should apply both ways! But, typically many Irish want it all their own way.
-
Henpecked
Gtr Manchester,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (05->)

icon21 Mar 2019 22:32
Gladtobebackontwowheels:
The problem is that known and convicted IRA terrorists were freed and told they will never face a court for their calculated, callous acts of murder and THAT should apply both ways! But, typically many Irish want it all their own way.

Currently work with an ex para who served in NI. Told a few tales over the year we've worked together and I wouldn't want to be in his shoes purely because when he talks you can still see how his time served affects him.

As said earlier the amnesty should extend both ways at least. If Adams still claims to be the politician maybe its about time he intervened and for want of a better expression "suggested" that this be put to rest. If he did that would be a true sign of progress but I'm not holding my breath.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > paras
-