Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Democracy just dies
Info
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon13 Mar 2019 19:50
As mp's vote against a no deal brexit...
Utter c!$%s
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Mar 2019 20:24
/media/file/135521.aspx
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon13 Mar 2019 21:19
~Bluelabel~:
As mp's vote against a no deal brexit...
Utter c!$%s

Agreed but it's just a meaningless gesture of defiance. Come 29.3.19 we leave.:thumbup:
-
onlineStrongy
Cumbria,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon14 Mar 2019 12:25
Obee but is that going to be with a s!$% deal in favour of our European counterparts ??
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon14 Mar 2019 21:16
Strongy:
Obee but is that going to be with a s!$% deal in favour of our European counterparts ??

I'm hoping Italy, Poland and Hungary will veto an Article 50 extension - then we leave as due 20.3.19.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Mar 2019 09:16
Obeewan:
Strongy:

I'm hoping Italy, Poland and Hungary will veto an Article 50 extension - then we leave as due 20.3.19.

29th actually

TMs so called deal deserves to be voted down a third time. It doesn’t come close to leaving.

Hopefully one or two EU members refuse the proposed extension and we leave by default as there’s f!$% all we can do about it
-
Boycie
Winterdown,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Speed Triple T509

icon15 Mar 2019 09:58
I believe Spain has already indicated that they will refuse an extension
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon15 Mar 2019 11:12
But this is democracy working isn’t it? Every 5 years or so we vote in 650 MP’s and ask them to represent us using the rules of our parliament, so the antics going on in the House of Commons at the moment are just part of this democratic process. As far as I can see no rules or laws are being broken, it’s just the way it is?

A bit like our PM planning to have a third vote on something that’s already been defeated twice (if only the rest of us were afforded that privilege), or some parliamentary votes being non-legally binding and therefore irrelevant, but the result of the non-legally binding referendum must be respected at all costs, irrespective of the fact that it’ll make us poorer as a country.

Government’s own figures, GDP will shrink by 4% with a managed deal Brexit, and shrink by 9% in the event of a no-deal Brexit,

I think what Brexiteers mean, is that having won the vote, they want only their own version of democracy, and any version of democracy that delays, frustrates or compromises their ideologically ‘pure’ Brexit, regardless of the harm it’ll cause, is a traitorous outcome.
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon15 Mar 2019 11:25
Boycie:
I believe Spain has already indicated that they will refuse an extension

I think Farage has actively been trying to persuade other countries to veto any extension.
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon15 Mar 2019 11:31
And as a remainer you'll snatch on any piece of bad news as proof... you asked for examples of where investment has been made you were given loads but chose to focus on the negatives.... and as a gov flunkey said last night we were supposed to be in a recession two years ago given the vote result... it hasnt happened... the truth of it is the british gov will probably cut trade tariffs on imports and prices will remain stable or even go down...

Now... the public voted to leave get that through your bloody head... the government were given a mandate by the populace to carry out a task... it is not in the mp's remit to sabotage that process to their own ends because the majority of em have little consultation and lobbying deals with the EU... which if you are not too stupid to recognise it is what they are doing...
Its got nothing to do with what harm a no deal brexit would. its to do with a lot of little perks going tits up... its already been looked at by some city analysts and the consencus was it would be no worse than a short recession until things stabilised and we've seen enough recessions since 1997 not to worry too much about it
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon15 Mar 2019 11:44
Strat:
But this is democracy working isn’t it? Every 5 years or so we vote in 650 MP’s and ask them to represent us using the rules of our parliament, so the antics going on in the House of Commons at the moment are just part of this democratic process. As far as I can see no rules or laws are being broken, it’s just the way it is?

Parliament agreed to stand by the decision of the referendum and implement the will of the people , something a large percentage of MP's refuse to follow . What they are doing is in no way democratic .

Strat:
A bit like our PM planning to have a third vote on something that’s already been defeated twice

I don't know anyone who's happy with TM's deal and her keeping putting the same deal , slightly tweaked , to vote in parliament

Strat:
I think what Brexiteers mean, is that having won the vote, they want only their own version of democracy, and any version of democracy that delays, frustrates or compromises their ideologically ‘pure’ Brexit, regardless of the harm it’ll cause, is a traitorous outcome.

I'd like to know what your idea of democracy is ? Even if the GDP of the UK drops 20% , that isn't the point . The referendum was about leaving the EU , not do you want to be poorer or richer as a country.

As for "our" version of democracy ? Can't remember any mp asking me what i want from Brexit , the government asked the people to vote on the EU , and now they don't want the peoples opinions . They won't even give us a 2nd referendum (something I'm not keen on btw ), self serving c!$%s :angry::angry:

Sorry BL , you beat me to the reply
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon15 Mar 2019 11:59
I have to say that a second referendum is an affront to democracy, it gives it a "Best of 3" style that isn't in keeping with the concept of a democratic vote...

Strat:

How dare you.... how f!$%in' dare you call those who voted to leave traitors.... it's nothing to do with ideololgy it's about doing what the public voted for

and for a change, some of your words are f!$%in accurate....

the ones that say MP's are Delaying Frustrating or Compromising a democratic process....
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Mar 2019 13:59
IF, and that's a big IF, we do actually leave, Strat and his ilk are going to have a bloody field day! Everything from his dog dying to his ice-cream falling from it's cone will be our fault. :lol::lol:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon15 Mar 2019 14:48
He's already taken that path....
-
The real X-man
North Lincolnshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Mar 2019 15:09
Come on guys; surely Strat is the fault of Brexit??????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::kiss:
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon15 Mar 2019 15:12
Strat:

No you troll, this isn't democracy working. This is a group of members on the gravy train s!$%ting it in case their meal ticket ends and doing anything possible to avert an exit.

The s!$% stirring remainer:
A bit like our PM planning to have a third vote on something that’s already been defeated twice (if only the rest of us were afforded that privilege), or some parliamentary votes being non-legally binding and therefore irrelevant, but the result of the non-legally binding referendum must be respected at all costs, irrespective of the fact that it’ll make us poorer as a country.

What, like continually pushing for another referendum because it didn't go your way last time?

Remainer troll:
Government’s own figures, GDP will shrink by 4% with a managed deal Brexit, and shrink by 9% in the event of a no-deal Brexit,

HOW CAN THEY KNOW?

The government and pollsters had the remainers winning post vote and we all know how that went! Hammond et al all told us that it was going to be all famine and pestilence if we voted leave, and what exactly happened after the vote........not sure if I witnessed that myself???

Cnut:

You can't seem to get it into that thick skull of yours that the vote was Do you want to leave the EU? Not Do you want to leave if we can get a favourable vote, or do you want to leave if the price of apples/flowers/potatoes/cars/imports in general won't go up.......no it just asked do you want to leave. The only traitors here are your beloved group trying to derail the process at any cost.

The time since was supposed to be to get our affairs in order for an organised exit and putting a remainer in charge of that process was never going to be pushed through in an orderly fashion. I'm just surprised she didn't allow her cronies to dictate a second referendum as that really would have killed democracy in the UK.
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon15 Mar 2019 15:36
https://media.giphy.com/media/E2USislQIl...
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Mar 2019 16:06
Irrespective of Brexit or any other s!$% that comes our way for me it proves that our current 2 party dominated political system does not work.
TM has turned Brexit into a Tory only dominated withdrawal process because the Labour Party would have spun it around to suit them trying to get into power.
Both parties failed to represent the people and then what was best for the country, only what was best for themselves.
I don't know the way forward but I sure as hell know the next Cnut who knocks on my door wearing a blue or red rosette is not welcome.
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon15 Mar 2019 16:18
Feckin right there... I said that to the wife last night... if anyone knocks my door canvassing for votes yhey'll get told to feck orrff
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Democracy just dies
-