Saturday, 23 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Odd credit card theft
Info
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon06 Mar 2019 17:43
I received a text from my bank asking me to confirm a payment on my credit card made that day. I didn't recognise it so spoke to the bank who said 3 transactions for insurance companies were attempted that day (2 x Aviva & 1 x Axa). They were nothing that I had agreed to and the bank have both stopped payments to them and issued me with a new card and number.

The odd thing is why would any crim buy insurance through card fraud, it must be the easiest of crimes to track down??46
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
ex-krautophile
Huntingdonshire,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon06 Mar 2019 19:07
Because there are some really stupid people out there!
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon06 Mar 2019 22:16
MBNA cancelled one of my cards last week because another customer had complained that they had noticed irregular transactions on their card and the twat taking the call typed in the wrong CC number and cancelled my card by mistake :frown:
-
Nige
Tuesday so must be,
Belgium

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon06 Mar 2019 23:02
The missus had a card cancelled last week by her bank because of "unusual transactions". At least they called her to ask her if she had made the purchases before cancelling the card. The strangest part was that she hadn't picked up the card from the bank yet.....:speechless::speechless:
-
Andy
Newbury,
United Kingdom

Sprint RS (00-01)

icon07 Mar 2019 13:18
Nige:
The missus had a card cancelled last week by her bank because of "unusual transactions". At least they called her to ask her if she had made the purchases before cancelling the card. The strangest part was that she hadn't picked up the card from the bank yet.....:speechless::speechless:

The fact that the card wasn't even in her possession yet would worry me more... sounds like their internal security measures are not all they should be :frown:
-
Nige
Tuesday so must be,
Belgium

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon07 Mar 2019 19:50
TBH I crapped myself when the “bank” called her about a card that she allegedly didn’t even have yet. I was convinced it was a scam and made her hang up. Then we walked up the road to our local branch, saw the manager, and got it sorted. Only then was I sure it was kosher because the case was already registered on their system. The fact that at this moment we’re in Colombia, the nation of the scam, didn’t fill me with confidence either. Fortunately everything was resolved and I also managed to convince the wife to tell the bank what they could do with their card......
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon08 Mar 2019 10:27
My wife had a card stolen.... I haven't reported it yet as the thief's spending less than she was:tongueout::lol::lol::lol:

Badoom-tish.....
-
Speed4Boy
North Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Four

icon08 Mar 2019 12:02
I had a monthly card transaction for a small is irregular amount taken out of my account over a 6 month period. I only noticed it by accident.

The Building Society immediately stopped all our cards and issued refunds and new cards.

Upon investigation the payee originated from Nigeria through about a dozen other countries :frown:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon11 Mar 2019 09:41
---KK---:
I received a text from my bank asking me to confirm a payment on my credit card made that day. I didn't recognise it so spoke to the bank who said 3 transactions for insurance companies were attempted that day (2 x Aviva & 1 x Axa). They were nothing that I had agreed to and the bank have both stopped payments to them and issued me with a new card and number.

The odd thing is why would any crim buy insurance through card fraud, it must be the easiest of crimes to track down??46

There must be something to do with insurance and fraud. I had postal demands for payment of a policy from an insurance company a year or so ago. They even informed me the bailiff was coming. "Send him over if you want, there's still no Mr Bagooti living either in my house or the woodpile outside"
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon11 Mar 2019 09:48
Not the same scale I know but just going through a similar thing with Amazon. Acct hacked via my yahoo acct and me locked out if Amazon but lots of digital purchases for digital media and Amazon e-coins. £44 refunded from Amazon uk and another £37 pending from the .com side. Acct now unlocked and registered email changed to Gmail as it’s apparently better security.
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon11 Mar 2019 11:48
Baldbloke:
or the woodpile outside"

:grin::grin:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Odd credit card theft
-