Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Those MPs who defected to form a new group
Info
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon21 Feb 2019 12:34
So Soubry and another who represent constituencies who voted to leave the EU have now joined a separate independent party and decided one of their main aims is to stop Brexit or a No Deal Brexit.
Rather than standing down and facing a by-election to let her constituents decide on whether she's worth backing she has refused to do so.
There's a petition in place to hopefully stop her and her pals:

http://chng.it/RB2RQj7TTK
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Paolo
Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon21 Feb 2019 12:44
And what happens if more tory MP's quit? If it goes below the threshold of their majority, does that trigger a general election?
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon21 Feb 2019 12:53
Paolo:
And what happens if more tory MP's quit? If it goes below the threshold of their majority, does that trigger a general election?

Don't know exactly how that works.

On BBC Business news Soubry was holding court for over half an hour answering questions from the press and how they were going to frustrate Brexit in any way possible. I spent the whole time shouting at the telly. f!$%ing duplicitous bitch:angry:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon21 Feb 2019 14:46
Signed.

Soubry only got in by the skin of her teeth (in a leaving voting constituency) she will certainly be out of a job soon.:thumbup: Traitorous bitch.:thumbdown:
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon21 Feb 2019 16:19
Paolo:

Technically, no, it would need a vote of no confidence in the Government to necessitate a General Election.

But if a major government backed bill failed to pass, the Government position would become untenable.

At least four of the quitlings have already lost votes of no confidence within their Constituency Labour Parties or Conservative Associations.

Angela Smith is one of the above. She is our local MP and comparing her to an even vaguely competent MP is akin to comparing Lord Stu to Adrian Newey. She was a junior minister in the treasury in the Cameron administration, she resigned from the post the very week that they were threatening to shut down the Stocksbridge steelworks in her constituency..........to spend more time campaigning for coastal footpaths.

Please note that her constituency is in North Sheffield!30

Anna Soubry:"It's always a wrench to leave your party....."

Says the woman who originally joined the Conservatives, then jumped ship to Labour, returned to the Conservatives (finally managed to get elected) and then quit to become an unmandated independent.

The woman's a political whore who will drop her ideologically bereft drawers at the slightest opportunity if she thinks it will benefit her personally.
-
The real X-man
North Lincolnshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon21 Feb 2019 16:28
Quote:
The woman's a political whore who will drop her ideologically bereft drawers at the slightest opportunity if she thinks it will benefit her personally.

Along with practically every other self serving twat in parliament.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon21 Feb 2019 16:28
That bloke Nick:

She is our local MP and comparing her to an even vaguely competent MP is akin to comparing Lord Stu to Adrian Newey.

:lol:

How anyone could have voted Soubry in is beyond me
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon21 Feb 2019 18:27
That bloke Nick:
Paolo:

Technically, no, it would need a vote of no confidence in the Government to necessitate a General Election.

But if a major government backed bill failed to pass, the Government position would become untenable.

I can't remember the exact figures , but she did need the help of the DUP to have a majority in Parliament , with the new resignations on both sides it must be a pretty close call for having a functional government
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon21 Feb 2019 19:35
Baldbloke:
That bloke Nick:

She is our local MP and comparing her to an even vaguely competent MP is akin to comparing Lord Stu to Adrian Newey.

:lol:

How anyone could have voted Soubry in is beyond me

Soubry was a reporter and presenter on our local news in the 80s (Central News). She was crap at that, an' all.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon22 Feb 2019 10:05
Yesterday, I made myself listen to the recording of Anna Soubry on LBC (well down this page) Think I need a drink.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv...

She invited people to phone in and reply to her question of whether she had done the right thing by leaving the Tory party and joining a newly formed Independent group.

When ever anyone pointed out that she seemed to have historically frustrated Brexit and that perhaps she should have relinquished her seat and stood again under a by-election she spoke over them and asked irrelevant questions so that they in turn got pissed off.

What an appalling and insincere woman
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon22 Feb 2019 11:29
On a side note, that Gina Miller bitch has gone very quiet.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon22 Feb 2019 15:52
---KK---:
On a side note, that Gina Miller bitch has gone very quiet.

Surprised she's not joined them. Keep all the twats together:thumbup:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon22 Feb 2019 17:43
Come what may, whoever wins the next election, whoever is in power, whatever happens with brexit, none of those breakaway MP's will be in Parliament after the next general election. I can see several of them quitting before that.
-
dave
midlands,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon22 Feb 2019 18:15
this the same bitch , that used to read the news a few years ago ........ i wonder if shes a mate of that other useless bitch , diana , f!$%ing useless abbott ... the fat bitch thats now supporting the return of that ISIS SLAG
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon22 Feb 2019 19:39
dave:
this the same bitch , that used to read the news a few years ago ........ i wonder if shes a mate of that other useless bitch , diana , f!$%ing useless abbott ... the fat bitch thats now supporting the return of that ISIS SLAG

erm .... No .... Soubry is a Tory..... well, she was ....:lol:
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon25 Feb 2019 16:31
Signed, for all the good it will do.
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon26 Feb 2019 07:06
I think that if you leave the party then that should trigger a by election in that constituency as the person no longer represents the interests of the public that voted them in
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Those MPs who defected to form a new group
-