Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Haynes motor manual founder dies aged 80
Info
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon12 Feb 2019 22:48
he will be buried , see chapter 9 section 32

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47...
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
onlineStrongy
Cumbria,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon13 Feb 2019 07:19
RIP Mr Haynes, he certainly helped me find my way round an engine :thumbup::thumbup:
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon13 Feb 2019 07:49
Yes, me too.
Way back when I got my first Mini I never knew one end of a spark plug from the other, but within a couple of years, I'd rebuilt the whole thing with the help of my Haynes manual. RIP Mr Haynes.
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 07:54
Gone, but not forgotten. I guess most people here have a book of his. 62

I wonder how long before the first meme appears with a Haynes cover about making your own funeral.
-
Nige
Tuesday so must be,
Belgium

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon13 Feb 2019 11:46
I still have a shelf-full of them in my garage to remind me of happier times when it was easy to spanner on your own vehicle. From time to time I'll pick one up and in my mind I'm transported straight back to wherever I was when I owned that vehicle. Good memories (mostly).

RIP Mr Haynes.......6262
-
-Rob NMTB -
Worcestershire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 12:11
49First thing I buy for any vehicle.

It'll become even more important now manufacturers - Triumph are one of them - who only issue digital manuals to dealers. Hard copies simply aren't available to buy :sad:
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon13 Feb 2019 12:43
I suspect that Haynes, as a manual publisher, doesn't have long to live. Cars and bikes are increasingly difficult for the home mechanic, and generation snowflake (with a few exceptions) have little interest or even the most basic of skills to do their own maintenance.
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 21:09
That bloke Nick:
I suspect that Haynes, as a manual publisher, doesn't have long to live. Cars and bikes are increasingly difficult for the home mechanic, and generation snowflake (with a few exceptions) have little interest or even the most basic of skills to do their own maintenance.

I agree but for a different reason, U Tube is my friend when it comes to DIY or any fettling required on cars or bikes.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Haynes motor manual founder dies aged 80
-