Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Volvo XC60
Info
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon11 Feb 2019 08:46
I'm thinking about a car change and looking at the XC60, anyone not one or know much about them?

Never had a Volvo so be good to hear from other's experience of them.39
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon11 Feb 2019 09:22
New? You are aware that Volvo is now owned by the Chinese?
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

Rocket III Classic (07-09)

icon11 Feb 2019 10:11
Great cars if you intend to have a crash.
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon11 Feb 2019 11:10
Knew a lady once who had a big black volvo.:evil:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon11 Feb 2019 11:41
Is it a 4X4? Think they use a haldex system. Similar to Freelander 2s, Evoques etc:thumbdown:
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon11 Feb 2019 12:04
Obeewan:

I bet it was easy getting in & out ..... 04
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon11 Feb 2019 12:24
ST:
Obeewan:

I bet it was easy getting in & out ..... 04

But those ones tend to have almost cavernous interiors and you can never quite get rid of that lingering smell ...
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon11 Feb 2019 12:39
hence best to strap a plank across yer arse & wear breathing gear ..... 07
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon11 Feb 2019 12:40
ST:
hence best to strap a plank across yer arse & wear breathing gear ..... 07

or tie ones feet to something solid:tongueout:
-
Andy
Newbury,
United Kingdom

Sprint RS (00-01)

icon11 Feb 2019 13:44
David, I believe there's quite a waiting list for the new version. Is this for SWMBO by any chance? Best check none of your neighbours has one first eh :smirk::lol::lol:
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon11 Feb 2019 14:53
I do believe that the new ones have a tendency for the engine mounts to break off during normal driving and a harsh ride........

"normal driving" equals jumping over horse jumps at speed, using ramps, as in an episode of Top Gear.

As doe the old version I could not find many with less than 100k on the clock for reasonable money.
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon11 Feb 2019 15:08
---KK---:
I'm thinking about a car change and looking at the XC60, anyone not one or know much about them...

My boss has one........
He's an utter c!$%.

Does that help?:lol:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon11 Feb 2019 16:01
Krautophile:
Who cares? Jaguar & Range Rover are Indian owned, my current car is Nazi made. What are the Chinese going to do, bug all our conversations? :lol:

Andy:
David, I believe there's quite a waiting list for the new version. Is this for SWMBO by any chance? Best check none of your neighbours has one first eh :smirk::lol::lol:
It's the T8 Hybrid. 407BHP, what's not to like! :lol: The missus is going to be using it more than I sadly. 31 There are a couple of them for sale a year old which I'm going to take a look at. The immediate neighbour has an X5, we shall be blowing them into the weeds. 04

Baldbloke:
Is it a 4X4? Think they use a haldex system. Similar to Freelander 2s, Evoques etc :thumbdown:
The Volvo T8 system is different, the petrol engine drives the front wheels, the electric motor drives the rears.
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon11 Feb 2019 20:10
That bloke Nick:
---KK---:
I'm thinking about a car change and looking at the XC60, anyone not one or know much about them...

My boss has one........
He's an utter c!$%.

:lol:

Yup but everyone you know seems to be one including all of us!:evil: Do I escape driving a Seat Ateca?:tongueout:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon11 Feb 2019 20:28
Obeewan:
That bloke Nick:
---KK---:

My boss has one........
He's an utter c!$%.

Yup but everyone you know seems to be one including all of us!:evil: Do I escape driving a Seat Ateca?:tongueout:
No :smirk:
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon11 Feb 2019 20:30

I don't even know what a Seat Ateca is!:smirk:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon11 Feb 2019 20:34
It's a c!$%'s car. :lol:

:tongueout:
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

Rocket III Classic (07-09)

icon11 Feb 2019 20:41
I’d get the equivalent Lexus, the RX.
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon11 Feb 2019 21:28
---KK---:

-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon12 Feb 2019 10:08
Krautophile:

Really????
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon12 Feb 2019 11:41
Yes....

Geely bought them in 2010, bought them off Ford.

Geely also own London Taxi company; Lotus; Proton Cars (remember them?) and some other Chinese Brands.
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon12 Feb 2019 16:04
Tasha:
Krautophile:

Really????
No, Geely. :lol:
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon12 Feb 2019 17:16
...groan :lol::lol:
-
Dan The Man
An Englishman abroad,
Sweden

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon12 Feb 2019 18:38
---KK---:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon12 Feb 2019 20:46
I'm now the proud owner of a XC60, p/exed the BMW X1 and drove the Volvo home. :smile: It sure has some acceleration, way quicker than the BM.:grin::evil:
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon12 Feb 2019 21:17
Krautophile:
Yes....

Geely bought them in 2010, bought them off Ford.

Geely also own London Taxi company; Lotus; Proton Cars (remember them?) and some other Chinese Brands.

I'm pretty sure Geely will make a better effort than Ford, SWMBO has a 2008 C70 from when Volvo was under Ford's wing & although the engine is OK (it's a Volvo sourced T5 engine) the rest is basically a Focus in a frock, cost cutting was rife in places like suspension, aircon parts etc.
-
Fret
South,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer

icon12 Feb 2019 21:35
Weren't Vulvas the antichrist of bikers in the 80's and 90's??

A mate has had 2. The first failed on the aircon and eventually the chassis rusted as it was a water trap, but that was 15 years old.
New one is fine.
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon13 Feb 2019 08:06
---KK---:
I'm now the proud owner of a XC60, p/exed the BMW X1 and drove the Volvo home. :smile: It sure has some acceleration, way quicker than the BM.:grin::evil:

Another Chelsea tractor then? :evil::evil:

Well done. is the hybrid version....?
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 09:49
Krautophile:
---KK---:

apparently not, it's the Cnuts version by all accounts.....:evil::tongueout::lol:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 09:53
Quote:

Yep, the hybrid version. Pictures later.:smile:
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 15:19
1 XC60 now found, just a few more to go :lol::lol::lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-4722...
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 18:58
I'm saying nothing.:speechless:
-
Nige
Tuesday so must be,
Belgium

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon13 Feb 2019 19:03
---KK---:
I'm saying nothing.:speechless:
It only seems like 5 minutes since you tootled off to Blackpool or somewhere up North to get the X1.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-4722...
Is yours LHD by any chance..? Did you buy it from a "man in the pub"..? :smirk::smirk::smirk:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Feb 2019 20:53
Nige:
It only seems like 5 minutes since you tootled off to Blackpool or somewhere up North to get the X1.
3.5 years ago it was.:smile:
-
Dan The Man
An Englishman abroad,
Sweden

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon14 Feb 2019 09:42
---KK---:

So yer a c!$% then? :lol::lol:

:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Feb 2019 10:36
I say! How rude! :frown:

-
Freck
Preston, Lancs,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon14 Feb 2019 20:39
---KK---:

So what’s the verdict then? SWMBO has been thinking of one of the T5 ones. The T8 looks good but they’re pricey new, and we’re only really interested in the new shape ones.
Got any pictures yet?
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Feb 2019 08:41
They're f!$%ing expensive. That's the verdict!
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Feb 2019 11:51
Freck:
So what’s the verdict then? SWMBO has been thinking of one of the T5 ones. The T8 looks good but they’re pricey new, and we’re only really interested in the new shape ones.
Got any pictures yet?

I had to rush out so quickly snapped a couple of piccies. I'll get some more later.

The car is awesome (as the kids would say :tongueout:), best car I've ever had. It is better in so many ways above the X1. I bought it s/hand with 10,000 miles on the clock and 17 months old.

1) The satnav in the BM couldn't have been more s!$% if they tried, I could write a book why it was so badly designed but let's not waste time. Sat nav in the Volvo is like using Google maps, couldn't be simpler and clearly:thumbup: It's large, touch screen and you can put a second image of it between the speedo & rev counter (doesn't really have a rec counter but you get what I mean about positioning) so you don't have to keep looking left if following the map.
Digital as well as analogue speed readout, so you know your exact speed (something the BM couldn't do), with all the cameras now you need to know how quick you are going unless you want points.43

2) This model has air suspension (my van has it too!03), much smoother on the bumps than the BM.49

3) The original owner had the Bower & Wilkins speaker system fitted (a mere £2,500 option!2525), needless to say the sound is brill.

4) It has lane control that gently pushes you towards the centre of the lane if you wander too close to the white lines. Quite impressive, if you take your hands off the wheel it just follows the lane.

5) Cameras on all sides of the car that produce an ariel panoramic view on the centre screen to assist parking and let you see obstacles that are at a low level. Has self-parking if required, handy for the wife. 04

6) It has electric seats that move in multiple planes. As well as the usual up/down and forward/backwards it also lengthens/shortens and the backrest widens and narrows. The lumber goes in and out as well as up and down, ultimately it gives you a seat that suits anyone. It registers to the key so automatically adjusts with each user.

So far couldn't be happier with it.23

https://i.ibb.co/R0bhLN8/IMG-20190215-09...

https://i.ibb.co/3Y7GW9F/IMG-20190215-09...
-
Nige
Tuesday so must be,
Belgium

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon15 Feb 2019 12:07
How many vital organs did you have to pawn/sell to buy it ....??
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Feb 2019 12:09
Just how many kidneys and limbs do you really need? :lol:
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon15 Feb 2019 12:22
Great car

A mate has the T8 as a company car.........He is not impressed with the fuel economy though
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Feb 2019 13:18
Do you have an idea of what sort of mileage he's getting?

I guess if someone does a lot of miles then their consumption will be worse than ours. We don't do many of miles so much of it will be on the hybrid battery (does about 27 miles on battery alone). When the car is home it will go back on charge which from empty to full is 3.5 hours.

Looking at the readout it currently gets around 30 to the gallon when running on petrol alone which I don't think is too bad seeing as it's over 300bhp.
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon15 Feb 2019 13:43
Kin'll David, that's a beast30 - at least with all those cameras it'll be impossible to scrape!
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon15 Feb 2019 15:39
Flappytabs:
Great car

A mate has the T8 as a company car.........He is not impressed with the fuel economy though

If it's a company car, does he car about fuel consumption?
-
Skeet
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Feb 2019 16:52
---KK---:
Freck:
Got any pictures yet?

I had to rush out so quickly snapped a couple of piccies. I'll get some more later.

The car is awesome (as the kids would say :tongueout:), best car I've ever had. It is better in so many ways above the X1. I bought it s/hand with 10,000 miles on the clock and 17 months old.

1) The satnav in the BM couldn't have been more s!$% if they tried, I could write a book why it was so badly designed but let's not waste time. Sat nav in the Volvo is like using Google maps, couldn't be simpler and clearly:thumbup: It's large, touch screen and you can put a second image of it between the speedo & rev counter (doesn't really have a rec counter but you get what I mean about positioning) so you don't have to keep looking left if following the map.
Digital as well as analogue speed readout, so you know your exact speed (something the BM couldn't do), with all the cameras now you need to know how quick you are going unless you want points.43

2) This model has air suspension (my van has it too!03), much smoother on the bumps than the BM.49

3) The original owner had the Bower & Wilkins speaker system fitted (a mere £2,500 option!2525), needless to say the sound is brill.

4) It has lane control that gently pushes you towards the centre of the lane if you wander too close to the white lines. Quite impressive, if you take your hands off the wheel it just follows the lane.

5) Cameras on all sides of the car that produce an ariel panoramic view on the centre screen to assist parking and let you see obstacles that are at a low level. Has self-parking if required, handy for the wife. 04

6) It has electric seats that move in multiple planes. As well as the usual up/down and forward/backwards it also lengthens/shortens and the backrest widens and narrows. The lumber goes in and out as well as up and down, ultimately it gives you a seat that suits anyone. It registers to the key so automatically adjusts with each user.

So far couldn't be happier with it.23

https://i.ibb.co/R0bhLN8/IMG-20190215-09...

https://i.ibb.co/3Y7GW9F/IMG-20190215-09...

Where is the trilby?
-
John Nelson
Coventry,
United Kingdom

Speedmaster

icon15 Feb 2019 21:25
In by, with the pipe and slippers most likely.:tongueout:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon16 Feb 2019 08:12
Like the old Rover models they come with string back driving gloves and a tartan blanket:tongueout:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon16 Feb 2019 08:54
I need that tartan blanket to cover my legs in case I dribble whilst sipping from my Thermos flask.:tongueout:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon16 Feb 2019 09:39
Beaded seat covers...? Gold tissue box cover..? Noddy dog on the parcel shelf...?:tongueout:
-
  Next Page
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Volvo XC60
-