Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Bar end mirror, quick question
Info
from the"mud people",
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon10 Feb 2019 12:53
...ye ye bikes, i know, perish the thought :grin:. I have bought some triumph bar end mirrors but dont seem to have any bar end weights they fit on?, are the mirrors suppose to come with any mounting rings or anything, or does anyone know what the part number might be for any kit i might need. i have triumph fat bars and noticed the end does have an insert that can come out. I already have some r&g small bar weights but the mirrors do not fit over them.

ta
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon10 Feb 2019 21:48
Is there not an insert to screw into?
-
ian
from the"mud people",
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon11 Feb 2019 08:14
There is but the mirror does not fit over any bar weight I have. Even a small R&G one I have.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon11 Feb 2019 08:39
Krautophile:
Is there not an insert to screw into?

All the bar end mirrors I have bought have a mounting ring ( if that is the correct terminology) supplied , they never fit over a bar end weight . Sound to me like you are missing something , you imply they are genuine Triumph items but did you buy them brand new ?
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon17 Feb 2019 10:17
if i remember correctly the S3 mirrors have an insert not a ring, they slot into the bar end with an expanding rawlplug style fastening
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon17 Feb 2019 11:00
I purchased R&G threaded bar end sliders for the MT10 which have an 18mm thread and my mirrors slip on to the outside of the bar end so they serve two purposes.

[ https://ibb.co/60rnDHC
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon17 Feb 2019 20:52
Flappytabs:
if i remember correctly the S3 mirrors have an insert not a ring, they slot into the bar end with an expanding rawlplug style fastening

That's what mine were supplied with :thumbup:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Bar end mirror, quick question
-