Triumph Torque Logo

Monday, 25 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > It's Snowing!
Info
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Feb 2019 09:40
I came home from work last night on the A420 from Oxford back to sunny Swindon. Normally I will drive in anything but the driving snow in the headlights after 30 minutes was quite mesmerising and required constant wake up calls to follow the road.

I'm staying at home today.:sad:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon01 Feb 2019 10:01
....have you joined the snowflake generation? :evil:
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Feb 2019 10:17
Krautophile:
....have you joined the snowflake generation? :evil:

I am sat on the sofa with two dogs,nice cup of tea and watching Jeremy Vine. Does that count?:blush:
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon01 Feb 2019 10:41
Well if you're watching that total and utter waste of space; YES! :evil::evil:
-
Sir Alan of Ingol
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Feb 2019 11:13
I was caught out in a sudden downpour of snow on wed afternoon , town centre was like carmaggeddon , cars driving along (town centre) with hazzards on and playing skittles with street furniture

went past tom parkers building , big digital display saying -1 degree

biggest problem was the fluckin dandruff , every time I stopped at a junction to watch the game of skittles , I lifted my visor , set off pulled visor down , and the dammed thing was covered in snow

125cc bikes with tkc tyres "can" be fun , after the skittle displays finish
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Feb 2019 13:43
russ123rocket:
I came home from work last night on the A420 from Oxford back to sunny Swindon. Normally I will drive in anything but the driving snow in the headlights after 30 minutes was quite mesmerising and required constant wake up calls to follow the road.

Poof 17
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Feb 2019 16:17
No snow on our part of the M11 today. I was just driving passed the speed camera on the bend near to Redbridge and a car has driven into the it. The camera now faces towards the ground, so much for it being a road safety camera. :smirk: A fair delay there as they are attempting to remove the wrecked car.
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon01 Feb 2019 17:58
The plus side of Manchester airport getting closed the other day was my local airport at Brum got some interesting diverted planes landing, thus satisfying my plane enthusiast anorakitis.

Sucked for the passengers, though, but most of them were probably Mancs, so f!$% 'em.
-
Nige
Tuesday so must be,
Belgium

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon03 Feb 2019 14:34
Not snowing here ........ :tongueout::tongueout:

Forecast high today 29 - C not F in case anyone asks, low tonight 27. Will continue similar until December and, Global Warming/Cooling (*delete as applicable) permitting probably will continue in 2020 and beyond ........:lol::lol::lol::lol:
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon11 Feb 2019 15:18
russ123rocket:

me too. I got as far as the edge of the village before I thought..." sod this... I'll wait until Monday to hand my notice in!"
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > It's Snowing!
-