Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > I'm surprised
Info
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 18:46
the TT massive hasn't seen fit to comment on this yet.

Fiona Onasanya becomes first sitting MP to be jailed in 28 years.

I'm waiting with baited breath.:smile:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 19:08
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca...

Sad, innit. :smirk:
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 19:08
And she's not for resigning. Claiming that her MP's salary is her only form of income

So why isn't what she did considered Gross Misconduct and the bitch fired ? :frown:
-
StomaStumpy
Lincolnshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Sport

icon29 Jan 2019 19:19
Ape Hanger w!$%er:
So why isn't what she did considered Gross Misconduct and the bitch fired ? :frown:

But the speeding offense and lying aren't related to her job as an MP so she can't be kicked out for that. A general rule that you cannot be an MP if you are or have ever served time in prison for breaking the law would be a good step forwards in my eyes.
-
Bez
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom

Sprint 900

icon29 Jan 2019 19:20
You would hope at the very least she will be kicked out by her constituents at the next local election. It is incredible that she hasn't resigned or been deselected as i'm not sure how she can represent her constituents from inside the slammer.
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 19:23
She is left wing, female and black. She isn't leaving her job at all.
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon29 Jan 2019 19:27
Can't understand why the brother who was involved in the perverting case got 3 times (and a bit) longer, even though didn't actually commit original offence
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 19:34
She must really hate her son...................Festus!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And she's still being paid while she is locked up.
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 19:38
GDCobra:
Can't understand why the brother who was involved in the perverting case got 3 times (and a bit) longer, even though didn't actually commit original offence

Old f!$%ing Boys Club that's why...

If Onasanya had been jailed for 12 months or more, parliamentary rules state she would have automatically lost her seat.

With a three month jail term however, she will instead face what's known as a Recall Petition.

Under new rules introduced in 2015, it means residents can force a by-election if the petition is signed by more than 10 per cent of the Peterborough electorate - around 7,000 people.
-
buzzydog
Scotland,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 19:43
Should be kicked out. Claiming legal aid no doubt for her appeal. Her son done for drugs and still works as he researcher on £44,000+ a year paid for by us, brother jailed for perverting the course of justice. Her mother deselected as a councillor some years ago and banned from standing for office for some misappropriation but recently made a baroness by Corbyn. Is this the calibre of people we need in parliament. Time for change. ANY conviction resulting in a prison term should automatically result in deselection. Also, time for family members prevented from picking up tax payers money for phoney jobs. British politics stinks of corruption.
-
ChazzyB
Surrey,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 20:16
buzzydog:
Her son done for drugs

Her brother
-
Skeet
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 20:20
Surely if she is in prison, she can't fulfill the requirements of her job description and therefore cannot be paid for not doing what she should be doing. If you see what I mean.
Only saying like.
-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon29 Jan 2019 20:32
Bloody typical .....

Another bastion of middle class,middle aged males having a pop at a young ,black female professional for doing what we've all done ........
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 20:38
Trolling Mal?
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 20:47
Malcolm:
Bloody typical .....

Another bastion of middle class,middle aged males having a pop at a young ,black female professional for doing what we've all done ........

/media/file/135353.aspx
-
Skeet
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 20:53
I knew you wouldn't fail me.
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 21:06
https://sloanreview.mit.edu/content/uplo...
:smirk:
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon30 Jan 2019 09:02
Malcolm:
Bloody typical .....

Hello Malster

Did you ever get that Yamaha two stroke smokin ?
-
Andy
Newbury,
United Kingdom

Sprint RS (00-01)

icon30 Jan 2019 11:53
GDCobra:

Quote:
The judge said he was told she did not accept the jury’s verdict, “but as a solicitor you will understand that I am bound by it and must be true to it”.

Shameless and obviously without a single ounce of remorse. Lets hope she is ousted as a MP and struck off and barred from the law too, we don't need people like this representing us and the need to be made an example of otherwise others will only try an follow.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon30 Jan 2019 14:55
russ123rocket:

:lol:
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon31 Jan 2019 15:33
I notice that the sentance has been requested to be reviewed as being too lenient!

Let's hope it is increased.....
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon31 Jan 2019 15:57
:thumbup:
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon31 Jan 2019 23:16
Krautophile:
I notice that the sentance has been requested to be reviewed as being too lenient!

Let's hope it is increased.....

Life?
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon01 Feb 2019 12:26
if you look at most employment contracts, being sentenced and sent to jail isn't necessarily a reason for dismissal. The reason for dismissal in such a situation is something called frustration of contract (I think), which literally means if you can't turn up to do your job ('cause you're in jail), we'll dismiss you. But most contracts also contain a clause about not harming the employer's public image or interests by acting in a way which will embarrass or hurt them, intentionally or not, and surely this applies to this MP?

Presumably the employment laws for MP's are the same as for everybody else (I think for an MP a sentence of 6 months or over results in automatically being booted out).

But yeah, morally she should go.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon01 Feb 2019 13:22
What an upstanding family:lol:
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon01 Feb 2019 14:09
Strat:
.....I think for an MP a sentence of 6 months or over results in automatically being booted out).

It's 12 months.

Strat:
But yeah, morally she should go.

For once, we agree!:lol:
-
Andy Holmes
Leics.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon01 Feb 2019 15:34
StomaStumpy:
A general rule that you cannot be an MP if you are or have ever served time in prison for breaking the law would be a good step forwards in my eyes.

There wouldnt be many MPs about then..............would there?
-
StomaStumpy
Lincolnshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Sport

icon01 Feb 2019 15:53
Andy Holmes:
StomaStumpy:
A general rule that you cannot be an MP if you are or have ever served time in prison for breaking the law would be a good step forwards in my eyes.

There wouldnt be many MPs about then..............would there?

They aren't all convicted felons - some are still waiting for the case to come to court.
-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon01 Feb 2019 16:20
Ape Hanger w!$%er:
Malcolm:
Bloody typical .....

Hello Malster

Did you ever get that Yamaha two stroke smokin ?

I did.matey .... it's long gone though along with all the other two strokes I bought .????
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon01 Feb 2019 18:39
GDCobra:

I believe he has previous.

Her employers are her constituents. There are moves in progress to get her recalled. ..sacked I other words.

Her employers are her constituents. There are moves in progress to get her recalled. ..sacked I other words.
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon02 Feb 2019 19:29
Baldbloke:
russ123rocket:

:lol:

Have you twattered that to JC yet?:thumbup:
-
Sir Alan of Ingol
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Mar 2019 22:19
crafty bitch , she appealed her sentence , and lost

however

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...

From the article :

"Any custodial or suspended sentence of less than a year that is not appealed against would automatically trigger a recall petition under the Recall of MPs Act 2015."

It seems clear why she decided to appeal against the sentence, even if the judges considered her unprepared.

She avoids the automatic triggering of a recall petition.

The lady is calculating, not stupid.
-
ex-krautophile
Huntingdonshire,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon06 Mar 2019 06:57
Well the recall petition has been triggered!

All Peterborough need is to have (is it 15%?) of the populace to sign the petition and she's out...
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon06 Mar 2019 07:52
And then she'll start screaming racism....
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon06 Mar 2019 16:22
ex-krautophile:

All Peterborough need is to have (is it 15%?) of the populace to sign the petition and she's out...

put me down as a lodger Dave...:tongueout: I'll vote against the vile lying bitch:smirk:
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon06 Mar 2019 17:42
It is politicians like her that have made me despise everything that transpires within the Westminster, metropolitan, bubble.:frown:
-
ex-krautophile
Huntingdonshire,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon06 Mar 2019 19:40
~Bluelabel~:
ex-krautophile:

put me down as a lodger Dave...:tongueout: I'll vote against the vile lying bitch:smirk:

Sadly Peterborough is not my constituency otherwise I might one of the first in line to mark my name...
-
Danny
SE Wales,
United Kingdom

America (02->)

icon06 Mar 2019 20:17
They will never get that many to put their names forward, 15% of the voting population. When not that many actually ever vote in real life.
-
ex-krautophile
Huntingdonshire,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon07 Mar 2019 07:58
Well apparently 67.5% of the population of Peterborough voted at the last general election. 48.1% (22950) voted for her, the next (second place) 46.8% (22343); so there is hope yet. Hopefully some that voted for her will turn their collective backs on her and vote in the petition. :evil::evil:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > I'm surprised
-