Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > JCB vs Triumph
Info
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom

Sprint 900

icon28 Jan 2019 11:19
I see from the Sunday Times Tax list that Lord Bamford owner of JCB Yellow diggers who's company is often held up as a UK flagship has the company registered outside the UK, so whilst he paid £5.6m to the UK treasury the other £49.9m whent to tax authorities in other countries. In comparison John Bloor owner of Triumph paid £34.9m in UK tax over the same period.

I also see that Lewis Hamilton is nothing but consistent in earning £40m a year but registered in Monaco will avoid most UK tax, but i'm sure will again be boosting his profile with Children in need asking you to dig deep to pay for vital equipment he is not prepared to chip in for himself. Though he did reportedly very generously auction off a pair of his shoes for children in need that were given to him by a sponsor:lol:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Jan 2019 12:28
I went skiing a few weeks back and one of the blokes was very much an old tory sort, the subject of motor racing came up and he mentioned he played golf at the same club as Damien Hill. So knowing what he was like he asked him what he thought of Hamilton, he stated " Can't stand the man, he has no breeding!'.

:lol:
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon28 Jan 2019 15:51
If he's a member of Arkley Golf Club, he's probably still pissed off with Damon's Old Man for the f!$%ing great hole in the 7th fairway!:speechless:
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Jan 2019 16:14
---KK---:
I went skiing a few weeks back and one of the blokes was very much an old tory sort, the subject of motor racing came up and he mentioned he played golf at the same club as Damien Hill. So knowing what he was like he asked him what he thought of Hamilton, he stated " Can't stand the man, he has no breeding!'.

Brilliant & so f!$%ing true ! .... LOL03LOL
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon28 Jan 2019 17:16
Bez:
I see from the Sunday Times Tax list that Lord Bamford owner of JCB Yellow diggers who's company is often held up as a UK flagship has the company registered outside the UK, so whilst he paid £5.6m to the UK treasury the other £49.9m whent to tax authorities in other countries. In comparison John Bloor owner of Triumph paid £34.9m in UK tax over the same period.

Pretty sure that JCB is UK registered and the £5.6M paid to UK treasury was for UK generated earnings.

Much of JCBs wealth is generated in their factories in the USA, Brasil, India, China, Vietnam etc etc

I would imagine that the primary source of wealth for JB at the moment is housing in the UK
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Jan 2019 17:17
ST, the other people's faces were a picture. :lol::smirk:
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Jan 2019 17:30
-
Bez
Buckinghamshire,
United Kingdom

Sprint 900

icon28 Jan 2019 21:26
Flappytabs:
Bez:

Pretty sure that JCB is UK registered and the £5.6M paid to UK treasury was for UK generated earnings.

Much of JCBs wealth is generated in their factories in the USA, Brasil, India, China, Vietnam etc etc

I would imagine that the primary source of wealth for JB at the moment is housing in the UK

Not 100% sure but if UK registered then any profit from overseas factories would still be liable for UK tax. £5.6M would not even put JCB near the top 50 companies in the UK which seems odd as it is so often held up as a shining example of UK business.

What it does prove is that if you are thinking of a new vehicle for commuting and want to make sure your hard earned pounds go to supporting UK infrastructure/institutions then a Triumph motorcycle is a much superior option than a big Yellow digger :thumbup: :smile:
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon28 Jan 2019 22:02
I think that when they open factories overseas they incorporate a company in that country. Probably in order to gain Grant's.

In the US it is JCB Inc so not a UK company
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon29 Jan 2019 10:21
If a company is a British company and has overseas entities then they will be registered locally as the British company either as the sole (or majority) shareholder. Those companies will then be required to pay copr tax in the place they are registered. US = US Corp Tax, Brazil = Brazil Corp Tax, etc, etc. Worldwide earnings of the UK company will include dividends paid by the subsidiary to the Parent company, that of course is then net of the local Corp Tax. Dividends are taxed slightly differently in the UK.
-
Andy Holmes
Leics.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon29 Jan 2019 14:33
---KK---:

Do you mean 'Damon Hill'?
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Jan 2019 16:13
Oops!, yep that's the fella. I thought he was a demon driver, but apparently not.:tongueout:
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon29 Jan 2019 17:01
Krautophile:
If a company is a British company and has overseas entities then they will be registered locally as the British company either as the sole (or majority) shareholder. Those companies will then be required to pay copr tax in the place they are registered. US = US Corp Tax, Brazil = Brazil Corp Tax, etc, etc. Worldwide earnings of the UK company will include dividends paid by the subsidiary to the Parent company, that of course is then net of the local Corp Tax. Dividends are taxed slightly differently in the UK.

:withstupid:

Thats what I said
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon29 Jan 2019 17:53
Yes you're right. I just expanded a little bit :tongueout: :grin::evil:
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon29 Jan 2019 18:06
you always were a gobshyte :grin::grin:
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon29 Jan 2019 20:39
Haven’t you just bought a JCB flappy.:pirate:
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon29 Jan 2019 21:44
Flappytabs:
you always were a gobshyte :grin::grin:

:lol::lol: cheeky ferker...
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon30 Jan 2019 08:20
TRIP:
Haven’t you just bought a JCB flappy.:pirate:

this little beauty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Q54DkJ...
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > JCB vs Triumph
-