Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Gazi , [email protected]
Info
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon09 Jan 2019 09:08
I bought some Gazi twin shocks for my T100 just before xmas , came from Italy and described as brand being Gazi Suspension . The lettering on the body of the shock however showed [email protected] . At first I didn't think much of it but after having a proper ball ache trying to fit them (bushes wouldn't fit the frame and swingarm pins) I thought I would contact Gazi themselves as there was absolutely no paperwork at all supplied with the shocks . The crux of it Gazi say the ones I have been supplied are not genuine and they have been trying to stop certain individuals in Europe who are ignoring trademark and patent standards to no avail. Potentially I should get my money back through eBay/paypal but just wondered if anyone had dealings with Gazi , or [email protected] ?
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Sir Alan of Ingol
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon09 Jan 2019 11:10
not quite Gazi , but racetech or whatever

working on a brit sold bike , sold in this country by herald motorcycles , rear shocks were crap

those are them https://www.heraldmotorcompany.com/shop/...

umm ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,racetek or race tech ?

well a quick search and all is revieled , encocam , a uk company and the group sells herald motorcycles and also owns a parts accessory company called ,,,,, guess what https://www.encocam.com/brands/racetek/
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon09 Jan 2019 11:47
You expected Racetech suspension on a Chinese commuter bike??!!!:lol:
-
Sir Alan of Ingol
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon09 Jan 2019 11:50
only on the delux model
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon09 Jan 2019 14:08
Sir Alan of Ingol:
not quite Gazi , but racetech or whatever

working on a brit sold bike , sold in this country by herald motorcycles , rear shocks were crap

those are them https://www.heraldmotorcompany.com/shop/...

umm ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,racetek or race tech ?

well a quick search and all is revieled , encocam , a uk company and the group sells herald motorcycles and also owns a parts accessory company called ,,,,, guess what https://www.encocam.com/brands/racetek/

Nearly £300 for a pair of shocks isn't bargain basement price to be honest . Obviously not Ohlins , Wilburs , Nitron etc but priced comparitively with YSS , Hagon (gas) , Ikon etc so you would expect a reasonable quality item .

TBH [email protected] shocks I bought for T100 were only £355 , having said that I would expect they would be a step up from OE or even the Hagon (oil) I am currently using .
Strange thing with these Gazi shocks is I did some digging and Gazi Australia own the copyright for GAZI shocks and trademarked the logo in 2010 . They are the company that emailed me stating the ones I bought are non-genuine and they knew nothing about "[email protected]" shocks . But looking through their company profile , they aren't a suspension manufacturer , rather a component supplier and in 2004 they trademarked another name , suprise, suprise "[email protected]" 40
So what assumptions can I make , one is they don't like a company undercutting this product by using a slightly different logo as their price is twice that of the "non-genuine" .
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon10 Jan 2019 15:15
Someone I know worked for the same company which is now selling Herald bikes. His opinion of the boss and his respect for trademarks etc is not very high. (used to be Lifan)
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon10 Jan 2019 22:33
There's some unscrupulous people out there for sure :thumbup:
On a positive note I got a full refund for the shocks so I just need to sort out another set . I wouldn't care but I only looked at Gazi as I had seen a youtube video of Dave Moss setting up a Thruxton for track work and I highly rate Dave in the suspension department (cue Nick stating Dave's a complete arsehole :grin: ) and the bike had Gazi shocks on . Think I'll stick to UK manufacturers or well known brands in future :frown::thumbup:
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon11 Jan 2019 05:59
I have no idea who Dave Moss is. :tongueout:

Might be worth looking at Falcon shocks, a lot of the classic racers use them. I've got them on the front of the outfit a d they look like quality kit.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon11 Jan 2019 09:09
That bloke Nick:
I have no idea who Dave Moss is. :tongueout:

Might be worth looking at Falcon shocks, a lot of the classic racers use them. I've got them on the front of the outfit a d they look like quality kit.

I'll check them out Nick :thumbup:
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon11 Jan 2019 11:28
https://www.falconshockabsorbers.co.uk/
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon11 Jan 2019 18:41
Had a look , they seem to be pretty good quality . I might see what price for Nitron before I decide , but Falcon on the list , cheers :thumbup:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Gazi , [email protected]
-