Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Dear BBC....
Info
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Dec 2018 12:38
https://i.postimg.cc/FKvLFfrL/607d510d-c...

"So sod off back to paedophile HQ"

:lol:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon08 Jan 2019 10:10
It does rankle that a licence fee needs to be paid, with the Beeb taking the revenue. This especially when the BBC is so biased over Brexit. Let’s pay for the privilege of having Remainer views daily thrust into us.
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon08 Jan 2019 10:19
Not to mention their continuous promotion of the benefits of multiculturalism, gender fluidity, poovery, muff snuffling and general left wing rhetoric.
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon08 Jan 2019 10:40
That bloke Nick:
Not to mention their continuous promotion of the benefits of multiculturalism, gender fluidity, poovery, muff snuffling and general left wing rhetoric.

Hear Hear.... That Bloke Nick for PM

(Muff Snuffling...!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon08 Jan 2019 10:45
I am not defending the Beeb here. But elsewhere you will pay a lot more and their thieving cretins also have advertising on their channels. We all moan about the quality of programming from the Beeb, but frankly compared to those others. Well chalk & cheese does not even come close...
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon08 Jan 2019 13:37
Krautophile:
I am not defending the Beeb here. But elsewhere you will pay a lot more and their thieving cretins also have advertising on their channels. We all moan about the quality of programming from the Beeb, but frankly compared to those others. Well chalk & cheese does not even come close...

Agreed, I never watch commercial TV live, always record and watch later so that I can jog through the adverts. I suspect that future (or possibly even present, mine is about 6 years old) PVRs will lose this feature at which time TV will not be worth watching at all. Not a problem, I'll turn it off and do something less boring instead.
Even with that feature my thumb is getting worn out now!
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon08 Jan 2019 14:17
Krautophile:

I will defend the BBC, the quality of their Drama programmes is very good and compared with the SKY1, Paramount Channel and other associated Satellite/Cable that show US shows of very poor quality. If you watch the documentaries you get an advert every 15 minutes and then the same intro after every break.

We only watch UK channels, Film4 and Eurosport (and Netflix).

(OK, OK, I sometimes do watch the odd Zombie USA series etc to fill a gap in my otherwise perfect life....)
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon08 Jan 2019 16:02
Muff snuffling. Today’s smile:thumbup:
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon08 Jan 2019 16:03
Krautophile:

I spend a lot of time in foreign hotel rooms while travelling for work, Christ, if you think the BBC's bad go and watch the s!$% they churn out in France, Germany, Spain etc etc.

Is the licence fee about £2 a day? Bloody bargain.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon09 Jan 2019 09:23
Strat:
Krautophile:

I spend a lot of time in foreign hotel rooms while travelling for work, Christ, if you think the BBC's bad go and watch the s!$% they churn out in France, Germany, Spain etc etc.

Is the licence fee about £2 a day? Bloody bargain.

£730 pa? The TVs in our house would be launched if I had to pay that for the so called privilege of looking and listening to the BBC.
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon09 Jan 2019 11:18
In Italy if you pay your electric bill you are also obliged by law to pay your tv licence. Yet another thieving state owned company that allows advertising on their channels! Mind you it is only €100.00 p.a. and they recently reduced the fee.
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon09 Jan 2019 17:53
At least with Sky you can pay for just the channels you want. I would happily pay the basic sky package if I could opt out of the BBC and not be forced to pay for a license fee for something I never use.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon09 Jan 2019 23:49
I’d be content with the ads and no fee. At my age a movie needs an ad so I can go for a slash:thumbup:
-
John Nelson
Coventry,
United Kingdom

Speedmaster

icon10 Jan 2019 00:13
Baldbloke:
I’d be content with the ads and no fee. At my age a movie needs an ad so I can go for a slash:thumbup:
Every ten minutes though?:speechless::lol:
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon10 Jan 2019 08:59
Sky are robbers, so Freeview hd it is - some s!$%e but getting better as they add new channels. Catch up is so handy.:thumbup:
-
lord homertrix stand up
derbyshire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon10 Jan 2019 22:25
Obeewan:
Sky are robbers, so Freeview hd it is - some s!$%e but getting better as they add new channels. Catch up is so handy.:thumbup:

few years back i got a 50 inch telly, super sound system and speakers,, and a really good freesat hd box.. a samsung one cost me 250 quid..

anyway the only thing that annoyed me was the adverts so when the hard drive in the freesat box broke i decided to just not fix it.. :grin::thumbup:

now i just have a ps3 and use it to watch a film on netflix, oh and the odd film download of the internet.. :grin: no adverts, no s!$%ty news or cookery programs.. :lol: and i try to make watching telly less and less.. :thumbup: i wont even fit one in my garden shed bar, just have music and try to not have phones in there and actually talk and have a laugh. :grin:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Dear BBC....
-