Monday, 25 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Migrants and the channel
Info
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon28 Dec 2018 00:00
So why aren’t they immediately returned to France to discourage others attempting the crossing? Surely if they are seen to have made a successful crossover to the U.K. it’s only going to encourage others as well as the organised gangs who expedite the situation?
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
buzzydog
Scotland,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Dec 2018 00:40
Totally agree but once on our territory they know that there is no way they will be deported. Legal aid.
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon28 Dec 2018 07:03
Very simple the frog police are to busy fighting their own people and why would they care about migrants bound for the UK?
-
Sir Alan of Ingol
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Dec 2018 09:32
TAXI !!!

channel taxi service now open for business
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon28 Dec 2018 09:38
They should sink the f!$%ers, that might discourage them.
Yes, some/many of them are fleeing desperate situations but Italy is a safe place, Spain is a safe place, France is a safe place, etc, etc. I'm afraid once they've made the CHOICE to try and get here they are no longer fleeing persecution, they are illegal economic migrants.
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Dec 2018 10:16
The problem with migrants is that they tend not to disclose their true nationality as that would mean you could return them to their country of origin. Most say nothing so unless France accepts them back we have nowhere to send them. The news
piece below suggests a lot of them are Iranians;

Miodrag Cakic, chief executive of Refugee Aid Serbia, which monitors migration through the Balkans, believes migrants arriving in the UK are among the thousands who flew into Serbia after the country began offering visa-free access to Iranians in August last year.
The move was ostensibly intended to increase tourism and trade between Iran, the world's 25th largest economy, and Serbia, the 90th.
The visa scheme - which attracted allegations it was being abused by migrants seeking access to western Europe - ended on 17 October, by which time some 40,000 Iranians were said to have flown to the Balkan nation.
It is unknown how many returned home, but according to the Associated Press, local media reported that direct flights from Tehran to Belgrade had been arriving full and returning empty.

According to Info Park, a refugee support centre in Belgrade, Serbian police estimate the number of Iranians who failed to return at 12,000.
Mr Cakic said it was believed within the refugee community that Iranians were using "false passports and more complex methods" to enter western Europe.
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Dec 2018 10:18
Baldbloke:
So why aren’t they immediately returned to France to discourage others attempting the crossing? Surely if they are seen to have made a successful crossover to the U.K. it’s only going to encourage others as well as the organised gangs who expedite the situation?

300 plus arrived so far this year by this method :thumbdown:

They should board them. Return them back to France and keep their boat :thumbup:
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon28 Dec 2018 10:32
russ123rocket:
The problem with migrants is that they tend not to disclose their true nationality as that would mean you could return them to their country of origin. Most say nothing so unless France accepts them back we have nowhere to send them. The news

Miodrag Cakic, chief executive of Refugee Aid Serbia, which monitors migration through the Balkans, believes migrants arriving in the UK are among the thousands who flew into Serbia after the country began offering visa-free access to Iranians in August last year.
The move was ostensibly intended to increase tourism and trade between Iran, the world's 25th largest economy, and Serbia, the 90th.
The visa scheme - which attracted allegations it was being abused by migrants seeking access to western Europe - ended on 17 October, by which time some 40,000 Iranians were said to have flown to the Balkan nation.
It is unknown how many returned home, but according to the Associated Press, local media reported that direct flights from Tehran to Belgrade had been arriving full and returning empty.

According to Info Park, a refugee support centre in Belgrade, Serbian police estimate the number of Iranians who failed to return at 12,000.
Mr Cakic said it was believed within the refugee community that Iranians were using "false passports and more complex methods" to enter western Europe.

DNA test the bastards and send them back to the closest match.
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Dec 2018 11:06
Turn all our wind turbines to face France, power them up and blow the feckers back. :thumbup:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon28 Dec 2018 11:51
I can understand that a clear conscience doesn't allow patrols to ignore these people, but to welcome them in without much chance of them being repatriated ASAP is wholly wrong.
Gladtobebackontwowheels:
They should sink the f!$%ers, that might discourage them.
Yes, some/many of them are fleeing desperate situations but Italy is a safe place, Spain is a safe place, France is a safe place, etc, etc. I'm afraid once they've made the CHOICE to try and get here they are no longer fleeing persecution, they are illegal economic migrants.

Absolutely. They were safe from persecution, but would prefer to be taken in by soft Britain (where their human rights are upheld) rather than being ignored by the French who show little empathy and even less willingness to let them integrate.
My take on it is that it was Europe and that silly bitch Merkel who encouraged them into Europe. Since Germany wanted them perhaps they should be keeping them.
If there is acknowledgement that 300 have already arrived by this method how many have actually come this way. I bet it's closer to 3000.
The NHS is struggling and yet more houses are being built without a reciprocal increase in infrastructure. It seems strange that we appear happy for our limited services (which have been funded by tax payers) to be further diluted by offering economic migrants a free pass to use for which they have not contributed.

russ123rocket:

It is exactly the kind of operation the Serbians would excell at. People trafficking.
Travelling through the former Yugoslavia on a bike in the 70 and 80s it wasn't hard to see what a bunch of animals some of the Serbs were.
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon28 Dec 2018 14:35
Under the Dublin Accord, they should be returned to the first "safe haven" that they reached.

Now the French may be utter c!$%s, by their country is reasonably safe.

That said, personally, I'd favour torpedoing the f!$%ers.
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon28 Dec 2018 15:13
That bloke Nick:

"May"?
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Dec 2018 15:16
If they were used as fuel in a power station we'd have a win win situation.:thumbup: Looks like an endless supply too.:lol:
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon29 Dec 2018 00:15
---KK---:
Turn all our wind turbines to face France, power them up and blow the feckers back. :thumbup:

That bloke Nick:
Under the Dublin Accord, they should be returned to the first "safe haven" that they reached.

That said, personally, I'd favour torpedoing the f!$%ers.

---KK---:
If they were used as fuel in a power station we'd have a win win situation.:thumbup: Looks like an endless supply too.:lol:

:thumbup:

I'm sick and f!$%ing tired of sob stories, think the majority are. I'm more concerned with our pensioners going cold, our veterans living on the streets, our hospitals being overwhelmed by health migrants, our police being horribly short staffed, same for our armed forces, new hospitals that need building etc etc etc. The list is endless.
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon29 Dec 2018 08:41
Post removed by moderator.
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Dec 2018 08:51
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Dec 2018 09:32
Strat:
Did we all enjoy our Gammon for Christmas dinner?

Let em drown, obviously these 300 desperate souls are the reason the Tories have underfunded our public services over the past 8 years, leading to the issues Obeewan quite correctly identifies

I take umbrage with the 'desperate souls' labelling

Anyone who flies out of Iran in to Serbia as a tourist for an onward coach trip to Calais could hardly be labelled as desperate :speechless:
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon29 Dec 2018 09:57
Desperate or not, by not seeking asylum in the first "safe haven" , they are in breach of international law (The Dublin Accord) and have rendered themselves economic migrants.
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon29 Dec 2018 14:57
Ape Hanger w!$%er:
Strat:
Did we all enjoy our Gammon for Christmas dinner?

Let em drown, obviously these 300 desperate souls are the reason the Tories have underfunded our public services over the past 8 years, leading to the issues Obeewan quite correctly identifies

I take umbrage with the 'desperate souls' labelling

Anyone who flies out of Iran in to Serbia as a tourist for an onward coach trip to Calais could hardly be labelled as desperate :speechless:

Hammer, nail, head Paul.:thumbup:
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Dec 2018 18:07
'Desperate'?! So they've travelled through countless countries to get here; if that doesn't shout "economic migrants" I don't know what doesn't 40
And do please get your terminology correct Strat, a "gammon" is a white middle-aged Brexiteer who is anti EU, nothing more, do not try to add anti-immigration to that moniker.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon30 Dec 2018 16:03
Mentioning Major Incident, and Speaking With Our French Allies is not going to stop these people from doing their damndest in trying for the softest target. The only way to stop this is for 'Our French Allies' to accept them back, and I can't see that happening. That would be the disincentive to stop others paying organised gangs to provide them with the information and rafts.
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon01 Jan 2019 10:15
Watch 'Children of Men' This movie predicts what it'll be like in 10 years

Basically the Worlds poor head for the lands of plenty and nothing or no one can stop em. Trump's wall although insane is the way it has to be if we ever hope to preserve what we have
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Jan 2019 10:41
Do you mean this old bollocks ?

-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon01 Jan 2019 12:32
Yeah, notice all the train stations, air ports and bus terminals have cages where the migrants are held till they are processed, scary stuff
-
Toxteth O'Grady
Washington DC,
USA

Sprint ST (02-04)

icon01 Jan 2019 23:28
MAGA!!
-
Riggsy
Maidenhead/Cov,
United Kingdom

Street Triple R

icon03 Jan 2019 21:04
Crikey...

To be desperate enough to try to traverse 20 miles of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, in a f!$%ing dingy..
Braver people than me....

This "news" story is just "media subterfuge", a "decoy"
It's taking your attention away from the real issues

Please open your eyes and smell the coffee, you're being manipulated by the media/gov again!

I think less that 1% of the refugees entering the EU end up trying to get to the UK ( will stand to be corrected on that figure, but its a lot less than you think).
I don't understand why this story is getting the news headlines it is???

(Actually, I think I do :sad::cry:)
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon03 Jan 2019 21:40
Riggsy:

I think it's because the story about the drones had to come to an end.
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon04 Jan 2019 08:52
Riggsy:
Crikey...

To be desperate enough to try to traverse 20 miles of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, in a f!$%ing dingy..

They aren't though, are they?

Gangsters are dropping the dinghys off of larger vessels once they enter our waters.

I do, however, agree with you that reporting is disproportionate in order to deflect commentary upon the abject failure of May's government.
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon04 Jan 2019 08:52
Riggsy:
Crikey...

They aren't though, are they?

Gangsters are dropping the dinghys off of larger vessels once they enter our waters.

I do, however, agree with you that reporting is disproportionate in order to deflect commentary upon the abject failure of May's government.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon04 Jan 2019 09:07
Riggsy:

Please open your eyes and smell the coffee, you're being manipulated by the media/gov again!

I think less that 1% of the refugees entering the EU end up trying to get to the UK ( will stand to be corrected on that figure, but its a lot less than you think).

(Actually, I think I do :sad::cry:)

I totally agree that both the media and civil servants have a lot to answer in misdirection over Brexit and reporting on migration. Perhaps a hard Brexit and corresponding more scrutiny at ports is the answer?
-
j p
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon04 Jan 2019 12:38
Build a wall201617
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon04 Jan 2019 17:26
You mean just like the one that Trump promised ...oh hang on :smirk::tongueout:

I don't think anyone has mentioned the security risk that this influx of immigrants poses, as evidenced by the recent terrorist attacks on our mainland?
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Migrants and the channel
-