Triumph Torque Logo

Monday, 25 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Who to use for sending fishing rods to New Zealand
Info
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon05 Dec 2018 15:17
I realise this looks like coals to Newcastle, but I have loads of trout rods, reels and other things my money poor son could benefit from in NZ. Rods already in protective aluminium tubes etc.

I've tried Parcelforce without success, and noted from reviews that Parcel Monkey sounds well dodgy. Anyone use a good reliable service preferably with insurance they could recommend?

Although I supposedly live in the Highlands (and realise we are screwed up here for couriers) I'm not bothered about dropping them off 100 miles southwards at a depot if required.
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon05 Dec 2018 16:04
Have you tried UPS...? I use them for sending cane rods for rebuilding from Essex to Hartlepool... not too cheap, but they are quick and reliable...
-
That bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon05 Dec 2018 16:05
Or DHL or FedEx........You get what you pay for.
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Dec 2018 16:24
Avoid DHL.
UPS:thumbup:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon05 Dec 2018 17:02
UPS yes.

Avoid Yodel. Avoid them like you would steer clear of a fly infested turd from a dog with syphillis.
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Dec 2018 17:14
Santa?
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon06 Dec 2018 20:22
Sussed out that the rod tube was slightly over 1.5 metres and a problem for most carriers as well as for me even getting a quote. So cut it down to 149 cm and it still just took the two rods. Because of that, Parcelforce using Fed Ex for some of the trip came in at just short of £90 for two parcels including insurance. Bonus was being able to drop them off at the local Post Office.:thumbup:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Who to use for sending fishing rods to New Zealand
-