Monday, 25 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > pink floyd
Info
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon30 Nov 2018 20:43
well the australian pink floyd , live in preston , blood is going to my head ,, https://ibb.co/1qRWMMy
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon01 Dec 2018 00:33
Saw them in Cardiff last weekend. Awesome.
My missus didn’t think the first half was as good as last time but they blew it out of the water in the second half.
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon01 Dec 2018 08:40
I have not seen Aussie Floyd, only Brit Floyd, twice in Cambridge. :smile:
-
onlineGladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon01 Dec 2018 10:35
I quite like DSOTM but a friend lent me a copy of Atom Heart Mother the other week to listen to. What a f!$%ing heap of self-indulgent s!$%e that is! Got as far as track 6, I think it was, before I gave up, and as for listening to someone slurping their cornflakes into a microphone...... :sick:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon01 Dec 2018 11:38
Superb... seen em 3 times... as good as the originals:thumbup:
-
-Rob NMTB -
Worcestershire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Dec 2018 12:44

Yep, great band 01
-
onlinePaolo
Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon01 Dec 2018 14:46
I saw Floyd do The Wall in 79 and 80, still the best concerts I have ever been to.
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon01 Dec 2018 17:08
There was a guy sat near me who said he had seen the originals many times and these really blew him away. His daughter had bought the ticket for his birthday.
:thumbup:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Dec 2018 19:43
Saw them in 2016 and they were brilliant. Saw them again 2 weeks ago and they were awful, not the band but the play list. Some really obscure tracks and they didn't even play "Money".
Won't bother again:thumbdown:
-
lord homertrix stand up
derbyshire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon01 Dec 2018 21:47
i saw the flying pig concert at isle of dogs in london back in either 1989 or 1990. i was only 17 years old and got on the train to get a piston for my ts125 from guide bridge and the bloke i had just started work for on a yts scheme was on the train with all his friends and he had a spare ticket, so they kidnapped me and took me to see floydn and gave me the spare ticket. :lol::lol:

i remember the ticket being 144 quid... and americans in the queue were offering us a grand for tickets.. :blush: im now married to the guys sister.:lol::lol:
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon02 Dec 2018 00:35
jaguartvr:
Saw them in 2016 and they were brilliant. Saw them again 2 weeks ago and they were awful, not the band but the play list. Some really obscure tracks and they didn't even play "Money".
Won't bother again:thumbdown:

Yeah, not sure on their thinking but there were a few obscure tracks like fat old sun and obscured by clouds etc. I think it did spoil the first half as it seemed disjointed but they are celebrating their 30th year of celebrating PF rather than playing a whole album with a few extras.

I’d still go next year.:thumbup:

I have plenty of pics and videos from Cardiff on my phone but hate uploading anything on here as it’s a feckin chew so just found this elsewhere.
You have to be impressed with their stage show.

http://www.stereoriot.com/single-post/20...
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 Dec 2018 01:00
I used to work for EMI/Virgin from 1986 to 2002. We had loads of free tickets, and I mean executive back stage tickets, floating about for all kinds of bands so from memory I have seen Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones a number of times over the years and the RS and far and away the best ever.
We even went to the Manor when Branson and it for a few live gigs and to the Grand hotel in Brighton for a total piss up at the yearly EMI Confernace with Eddy Grant, Eternal, Soul to Soul and loads more.
Great times, just wished I had appreciated it more at the time....

Ps. I even have a signed photograph with myself and Sir Cliff when he visited the CD factory, and no, he did not touch my bum.....
-
lord homertrix stand up
derbyshire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon02 Dec 2018 07:04
That sounds awesome, ps I think sir cliff, although I don't like him just cos he is a bit odd and his music is s!$%, I reckon he has never done any kid bumming or any kind of rape things, and unlike all the others his was a false accusation thing.
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon02 Dec 2018 07:35
......but he may have squeezed Russ’s Bum.:lol:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > pink floyd
-