Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Speed twin
Info
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon28 Nov 2018 18:44
Me kuke:blush:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eOfhIhQ1hZ...
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
-Rob NMTB -
Worcestershire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Nov 2018 19:04
:thumbup:

Quite like the look of that.
Wonder what the differences to the T120/Thruxton are

And why wasn't it at the NEC ? :sad:
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon29 Nov 2018 21:02
Sorry,but it’s another 1960s throwback. Come on Triumph stop the bloody old bonnie s!$%. It’s 2018.:thumbdown:
-
andy d
Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer XC

icon29 Nov 2018 21:13
If they are selling s!$% loads you can't exactly blame them.
-
Popeye
Plymouth,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (02-04)

icon29 Nov 2018 22:52
. . . because everyones a winner . . .

-
Andy Holmes
Leics.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon02 Dec 2018 09:40
Needs wire wheels........
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon02 Dec 2018 11:03
TRIP:
Sorry,but it’s another 1960s throwback. Come on Triumph stop the bloody old bonnie s!$%. It’s 2018.:thumbdown:

That's exactly what it is , but what's wrong with that ? A lot of riders (myself included) don't want the latest and greatest performance machine , wether that be faired or naked .
I love my T100 , it's a great bike for riding at sensible speeds and lends itself to putting your own stamp on it . I would only ever sell it if I really had to financially . And if you look at the market a lot of manufacturers have retro bikes in their stable although I think some don't do the job as well as Triumph though .
I say keep em coming :thumbup:

Andy Holmes:
Needs wire wheels........

That's why I like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h0CV40E...

Tubeless tyres as well , that's got to appeal to a lot of people straight away :smile:
-
Fret
South,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer

icon02 Dec 2018 14:39
I must admit I am not a fan of old English bikes and the modern versions.
But it keeps Triumph afloat so they should continue with them
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon02 Dec 2018 22:49
Fret:
I must admit I am not a fan of old English bikes and the modern versions.
But it keeps Triumph afloat so they should continue with them

Is it the looks or the performance ?
Looks wise you'll find there is more than Triumph are making retro bikes , Yamaha , Kawasaki , Ducati , BMW , plus others are trying to get a slice of this market , it's getting more popular every year .
As for being "old English" , they look similar but performance wise the modern ones are in a different league , especially if you want to spend a bit on improving them . I can keep up on my Triumph with friends on much more modern machinery , as long as the speed doesn't go much over 110 -120 , otherwise they are gone . 80-90 on twisties are no problem , it's just takes more effort and concentration though . Something I actually find enjoyable about it
I appreciate that riders have their own preferences about what style of bike so every one to their own . But if you ever get a chance to test ride a retro Triumph , have a go , you might be surprised :thumbup:
-
Danny
SE Wales,
United Kingdom

America (02->)

icon02 Dec 2018 23:28
110mph my bike struggles to get close to that.:lol:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon03 Dec 2018 08:25
Danny:
110mph my bike struggles to get close to that.:lol:

Mine will just about hit 120 (on the speedo ) on the flat , 110 is pretty easy . The point I made was if I'm going out with other riders who are doing 110-120 then they will be pulling away , especially if it is constant motorway speed . I'm not interested in going that fast tbh , and I could just go out on my Bandit if I wanted to keep up .
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon03 Dec 2018 10:16
The majority of bike fun is sub 80mph so with the new licence holders buying the 900cc bonnie variants and the retro/roadster lads buying the 1200 and triples do you really need 185mph race replicas to get your biking fun.... (granted some do ) Triumph have got it spot on I think
-
j p
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon03 Dec 2018 12:39
Wel , I for one am tired of only seeing the yellow and white lines on the road and tired of straining my neck to see if the light turned green!if my double vision ever clears I am buying a Bonnie or an upright cruiser style , my days of riding at silly speeds close to 200mph are over and it’s time to enjoy the scenery :smile:
And I bet I will still out corner some squid in full gear on his hyper sport :evil:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon03 Dec 2018 13:38
Well I traded my Daytona T595 in for a TBS and I have more fun on that than I ever did on the Daytona... I was always looking over my shoulder on the T5 not so (well not so much anyway) on the T3

125-130 max but who needs that... (or for that matter do that on public roads... Cameras, plod and potholes) tons of torque from 3k and a lovely bark at 7k from the Sports cans is what it's all about...:tongueout::smirk::evil:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon04 Dec 2018 00:05
~Bluelabel~:
The majority of bike fun is sub 80mph so with the new licence holders buying the 900cc bonnie variants and the retro/roadster lads buying the 1200 and triples do you really need 185mph race replicas to get your biking fun.... (granted some do ) Triumph have got it spot on I think

Some riders are obsessed with having the latest and greatest bikes , and they end up ignoring the fact that you can have as much fun on lesser bikes , especially if you are with like minded people .
j p:
Wel , I for one am tired of only seeing the yellow and white lines on the road and tired of straining my neck to see if the light turned green!if my double vision ever clears I am buying a Bonnie or an upright cruiser style , my days of riding at silly speeds close to 200mph are over and it’s time to enjoy the scenery :smile:

Been there , got the badge , just can't be arsed with all the negatives surrounding silly speeds any more :thumbup: .
The retro bikes just give you a bit more time to enjoy your journey , although I don't blame anyone who wants more performance , we've all got different tastes :thumbup:
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon04 Dec 2018 08:37
They'll do away with the fins soon :thumbdown:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon04 Dec 2018 17:11
Tasha:
They'll do away with the fins soon :thumbdown:

I quite like the fins , Norwegians are OK aswell :smile:
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon06 Dec 2018 09:23
:lol::lol::lol:
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon06 Dec 2018 23:04
So Ducati got it wrong. Why aren’t they bringing there old born again pile of s!$% out again.45.
Now, a new version of a 750 2stroke triple Kawasaki.17
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon07 Dec 2018 08:45
TRIP:
So Ducati got it wrong. Why aren’t they bringing there old born again pile of s!$% out again.45.

I take it you are reffering to the 1000 Paul Smart or similar , probably a bit of a mistake stopping their production as they are commanding really good prices second hand . As for bringing old s!$% out ? They already make the Ducati Scrambler and that sells well . That is a modern take on the old Ducati scramblers (my mate has an original Ducati 350 Scrambler ).
TRIP:

Now, a new version of a 750 2stroke triple Kawasaki.17

I agree , yummy :smile::thumbup:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Speed twin
-