Monday, 25 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > I went to the NEC today
Info
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon19 Nov 2018 19:07
Was okay. Glad I went. But entrance fee is steep. I say that every year, but it is. I took my own food and drink. I won't pay their captive customer prices.

Some of the big manufacturers stands were a bit bland. Austere times, I suppose.

The new Norton Atlas is gash. I don't like it. It's as ugly as a crackwhores arsehole. I must say, though, I was quite attracted to the CCM Spitfire range. BMW had a good stand. Very concentrated on the enduros. Unless I missed them completely, I don't think Aprilia were there at all. Triumph stand was decent enough. The

Not much decent fanny to drool over. There seemed to be a fair bit of decent gear to be bought, but I wasn't spending.

I got tempted to look at one of the biking adventure holidays. South Africa - Namibia - Botswana - South Africa. And a New Zealand one.

Wear layers you can peel off. It gets f!$%ing warm in there.

Crowd was substantial. I didn't think it would be on a Monday.

Nothing massively exciting to report, but I had a good day.
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
-Rob NMTB -
Worcestershire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon19 Nov 2018 19:14
Aprillia shared a stand with Guzzi 01
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon19 Nov 2018 19:16
-Rob NMTB -:
Aprillia shared a stand with Guzzi 01

Oh, missed them, then. I saw the Guzzi stand, must have waltzed past the Aprilias.
-
-Rob NMTB -
Worcestershire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon19 Nov 2018 20:09
You needed to walk past the Guzzi's to the Aprillia's 01

In fairness, I thought it was a decent show. We spent 4 or 5 hours wandering round. 01

Got a good deal on a new lid; food was as expected; secure bike parking - if a little distant; overall, a good day out
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon19 Nov 2018 22:32
I was there about four hours or a bit more. Not a fan of Aprilias anyway, so I don't feel like I missed out.

I got the train, so didn't have to walk miles across car parks. I had to stand up all the f!$%ing way home, though. :frown:
-
Riggsy
Maidenhead/Cov,
United Kingdom

Street Triple R

icon23 Nov 2018 19:59
I'm going tomorrow
Not after anything, just a day out wiv mates and a few beers.

Are JLR there wiv the e-bike?
-
Fruity
West London,
United Kingdom

Sprint GT

icon23 Nov 2018 21:13
I didn’t realise it was on until I was on my way home from Wales last Sunday and got caught up in Birmingham.. I still drove on by :lol:
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon23 Nov 2018 21:36
Drove or rode fruits. How are you mate.:kiss:
-
Freck
Preston, Lancs,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon23 Nov 2018 22:16
I went today.
It was ok, pretty much the same as it’s been for the last few years, just with new bikes obviously. Not much in the way bargains. :frown:
Not a bad day out though. :thumbup:
-
onlineAndy Holmes
Leics.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon23 Nov 2018 23:43
Managed to lose 5 hrs there on Thurs..................most of the stands had a little bit of retro on, which were drawing the crowds, cept Yamaha.

Put an LC on there and you wouldnt be able to move.

Suzuki had an X7 and a Katana amongst others, and a guy in a wheelchair was just gazing at them, saying 'these bring back memories........'

Triumph stand was good, mostly aimed at the hipsters tho.........struggled to find the S3 1050
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon24 Nov 2018 10:46
Andy Holmes:
Managed to lose 5 hrs there on Thurs..................most of the stands had a little bit of retro on, which were drawing the crowds, cept Yamaha.

Put an LC on there and you wouldnt be able to move.

Suzuki had an X7 and a Katana amongst others, and a guy in a wheelchair was just gazing at them, saying 'these bring back memories........'

Triumph stand was good, mostly aimed at the hipsters tho.........struggled to find the S3 1050

Not massively keen on the retro Katana. Doesn't quite look the real deal. It will probably sell well, though.

Triumph aiming at the hipsters is simple business. The cashed-up pretentious c**ts have got money burning through the linings of their pockets, and if you tell them they are the first to buy, they'll throw their money at you.
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon26 Nov 2018 11:20
Enjoyed it, ripped off on food which I only bought because it was sold by "Phill's Diner" .... :grin:

Lots and lots of Retro stuff. I didn't much like the Retro Katana but drooled over the two real one's.

Bumped into Foggy while I was there, literally bumped into him. "Sorry mate...OH!"

After wandering round avoiding throngs of knobs with their bags of freebies we (me and 'er) went for a coffee at about 3PM in the atrium. by the time we got back in the place was empty ! !.
Everyone had sodded off. Lots of empty stands and even got to chat to the nice people on the Triumph marketing stand.

Didn't see many bargains but wasn't looking.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > I went to the NEC today
-