Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Brexit, finally we have a deal, all is now well....
Info
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Nov 2018 18:35
with the world.

Good old Teresa, I knew she could pull it off.:grin:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon13 Nov 2018 19:18
:lol:, you are a git. Let's see if you manage to flush out you know who.....
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon13 Nov 2018 19:21
Awww, don't! You'll ruin my night!:lol:
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Nov 2018 19:22
Not so sure it's a 'deal' as being sold down the river by a spineless PM desperate to stay in her job.:sad:
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon13 Nov 2018 20:08
Post removed by moderator.
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Nov 2018 20:11
Strat:
Hey, you guys voted for this s!$%, so you're cool with it, right?

/media/file/135353.aspx
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon13 Nov 2018 20:27
Strat:
Isn't it time you had another hissy fit and called everyone a c!$% as they don't all agree with you?
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon13 Nov 2018 20:49
Here Strat, give this a try!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQgBNbfWIAAb...

:smirk:
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon13 Nov 2018 20:54
Strat:

No Strat, we didn't vote for this s!$%, we voted to LEAVE !!
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon13 Nov 2018 21:24
TBH I would have thought they would have made us leaving much easier because we were the only thing in the way of the Franco-German european empire. With us out of the way they can forge ahead with what they always wanted, including a euro army which is now being openly spoken about.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon14 Nov 2018 08:56
Katies Grandad:
TBH I would have thought they would have made us leaving much easier because we were the only thing in the way of the Franco-German european empire. With us out of the way they can forge ahead with what they always wanted, including a euro army which is now being openly spoken about.

:thumbup:
Brussels' (I use that term loosely as it's as you say it's more Franco-German empire) true colours are coming out , and the UK is a thorn in their side.
-
andy d
Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer XC

icon14 Nov 2018 09:57
According to Sabine Weyand, one of the EU's head honchos;

'They must align their rules but the EU will retain all the controls. They apply the same rules. The UK wants a lot more from a future relationship, so the EU retains its leverage'.

The Brexit deal will confirm a £39billion divorce payment to the EU and is expected to outline a mechanism for agreeing additional payments in the event of an extended transition.

Britain 'would have to swallow a link between access to products and fisheries in future agreements'. According to Ms Weyand.

Fooking hell, I would not like to see what a bad deal looks like.
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon14 Nov 2018 10:27
If this is all correct there may be an uprising against her I reckon.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Nov 2018 11:29
May's a twat of the highest order if she thinks she's delivered on the referendum.

It would have been good to have left with no deal and have an interim budget lowering corporation tax and VAT to a negligible level. Make the UK somewhere where you would be a mug not to set up business and have a points system in place that retains foreign workers in the the poorly paid sectors of hospitality agriculture and care.
That would f!$% over the EU and the SNP:thumbup:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon14 Nov 2018 12:02
The problem is, May is Pro European and as such should not have been allowed anywhere near the negotiations... anyone who is pro EU will do their best to derail the process....

time to play hardball and just walk away
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Nov 2018 12:21
~Bluelabel~:
The problem is, May is Pro European and as such should not have been allowed anywhere near the negotiations... anyone who is pro EU will do their best to derail the process....

time to play hardball and just walk away
:thumbup:
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Nov 2018 12:25
If this is "as good as it gets" what happens next, everyone going to keep on arguing until the times comes when we basically have no option but to walk away?.

So BMW will stop selling in the U.K.?, Mercedes?, French Wine?, Spanish Fruit?, Italian Ham and Cheese etc.?

I don't think so unless their govermnments bankroll them for the next 12 months.

It really is FUBAR but I think we will be walking away as their is no deal that will suit everyone.:speechless:
-
Boycie
Winterdown,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Speed Triple T509

icon14 Nov 2018 15:56
No deal might be the best deal... or at least somewhere to start from.

They are trying to sort out everything with one huge 'deal'
If we walk away we can then negotiate and changes to trade/immigration... in small chunks ... . in the meantime striking deals with other countries that the EU has failed to do.

The fuss over the Irish border? ... Switzerland seems to do just fine with its porous border with the EU, why can't we do the same with NI?
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Nov 2018 16:34
I'm guessing May knows full well her plan will not fly. There's too many people with their own agendas to not allow it to go through. This way she can say she tried her best and either she, a new pm, or that w!$%er Corbyn (god forbid if he gets in) will have to ok leaving without a deal, in order to satisfy the referendum mandate.
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Nov 2018 17:06
From May's point of view she's striven for a soft Brexit to appease both sides as the vote was such a close run thing, but apparently the deal she's struck is going to cost us 40 to 60 billion pounds. No deal is better than a s!$% deal IMO. Still needs to be agreed by parliament though.
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon14 Nov 2018 19:31
andy d:
According to Sabine Weyand, one of the EU's head honchos;

'They must align their rules but the EU will retain all the controls. They apply the same rules. The UK wants a lot more from a future relationship, so the EU retains its leverage'.

The Brexit deal will confirm a £39billion divorce payment to the EU and is expected to outline a mechanism for agreeing additional payments in the event of an extended transition.

Britain 'would have to swallow a link between access to products and fisheries in future agreements'. According to Ms Weyand.

Fooking hell, I would not like to see what a bad deal looks like.

I call it total capitulation. It's clearly one of two things:

1. May, being a remainer, has betrayed the referendum result in order to get a deal at any cost - 500 pages of draft pre trade agreement and the fact that the EU like it tells me all I need to know.

2. May has played a fantastic blinder, fooled everyone, including the EU and set the whole thing up so we end up with a 'no deal' Brexit and referendum result is respected by default.

I'd like to believe the later but wishful thinking is a fools day dream.:sad:
-
andy d
Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer XC

icon14 Nov 2018 20:18
Obee Wan:

I call it total capitulation. It's clearly one of two things:

1. May, being a remainer, has betrayed the referendum result in order to get a deal at any cost - 500 pages of draft pre trade agreement and the fact that the EU like it tells me all I need to know.

2. May has played a fantastic blinder, fooled everyone, including the EU and set the whole thing up so we end up with a 'no deal' Brexit and referendum result is respected by default.

I'd like to believe the later but wishful thinking is a fools day dream.:sad:

Looks like the bottleless, hypocritical fookers in the cabinet are leaning toward option 1.
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon14 Nov 2018 21:18
I see trouble ahead......
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Nov 2018 21:26
Krautophile:

we need Chuck Norris to sort this out.....
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Nov 2018 21:31
And now the useless weak willed w!$% of a women is suggesting that if her master plan is not adopted there may be no Brexit at all. Just f!$% off woman, and leave it to the Harry Potter look alike to have a word with the c!$%s across the Channel. :speechless:

If that's the case there will be trouble.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon14 Nov 2018 22:10
Krautophile:

Theresa May is right in what she says , it's this deal , no deal , or no Brexit . When you've got MP's showing no solidarity to the democratic referendum vote , then you're always on the backfoot negotiating for the best deal .
Labour bleat on about having a better Brexit plan , I doubt it . They would have conceded more and the UK would gain nothing .

Let's see what happens when it is put to Parliament tomorrow 8585
I reckon you'll be getting your voting cards by the end of the year for the second referendum 40
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon14 Nov 2018 22:27
Certain MPs are putting their own personal ambitions ahead of the country's future. They don't give a f!$% if the country goes to s!$% so long as they can lead it. Sociopaths, that's what they are.
-
Ape Hanger Wanker
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon14 Nov 2018 23:25
/media/file/135355.aspx
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon14 Nov 2018 23:58
The latest is that 48 letters have been handed to the Chairman of the 1922 Committee.:thumbup:
-
Exup
Maesteg, South Wales,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon15 Nov 2018 01:30
Let’s hope then that they kick out TMs soft Brexit as not being in keeping with the will of the people!
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Nov 2018 07:38
I think we're royally f!$%ed TBH.
Now, what I'd love to see happen, is that there IS a second referendum but now 60% of the population vote to leave, effectively pointing a very large finger at the government and saying " NOW f!$% OFF AND DO THE JOB PROPERLY!".

But it won't, because the British Bulldog is now more of a trembling puppy.
Can't really work out exactly how they've got it worked out, but the end result will be that we're stuck IN.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon15 Nov 2018 08:38
Spot on :thumbup:
-
russ123rocket
Swinetown, Wiltshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Nov 2018 09:47
Gladtobebackontwowheels:
I think we're royally f!$%ed TBH.
Now, what I'd love to see happen, is that there IS a second referendum but now 60% of the population vote to leave, effectively pointing a very large finger at the government and saying " NOW f!$% OFF AND DO THE JOB PROPERLY!".

But it won't, because the British Bulldog is now more of a trembling puppy.
Can't really work out exactly how they've got it worked out, but the end result will be that we're stuck IN.

The Brexit Sec just resigned so for me the deal is dead and so is TM.

All politicians should hold their heads in shame as they are a disgrace as servants of the people.

I want a second ref as I believe we will now have a 65%+ vote out. f!$% em!.
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon15 Nov 2018 12:42
Still , looking on the bright side, Esther McVeigh's resigned!
-
andy d
Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer XC

icon15 Nov 2018 13:06
Never in my life did I ever think I would agree with that c*nt Corbyn, but today I have.
I'll be agreeing Diane Abbott next. Nah, some things are just too far fetched.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Nov 2018 16:34
Hopefully TM will shortly get f!$%ed off before she wastes any more time over the issue, and we'll get someone on the case who has some balls.
-
onlineThat bloke Nick
Birley edge,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675 SE

icon15 Nov 2018 16:54
If she had an ounce of decency she'd have gone today.

I can't believe Labour have been so f!$%ing clueless.....they should been shoo-in given the abortion the the Tories have made of this.
-
John Nelson
Coventry,
United Kingdom

Speedmaster

icon15 Nov 2018 17:30
Face it, brexit is not going to live up to the promises made for it, even those making the promises never thought it would.

Hard brexit will be economically extremely disruptive, at least in the short term and soft brexit will not deliver any of the promised political advantages.
There is no way that anyone in power is going to come out of this smelling of roses.

TM still has the big chair because no-one else wants to be sat in it when the hammer falls and end up taking the blame.
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon15 Nov 2018 18:01
If there was a second referendum, and remain won it ( who can make sense of the polls on this ), surely it would be 1 - 1 and quite rightly the Brexiteers would demand it goes to a decider, so where does it end?

As for replacing TM, are you Brexit types really suggesting that Boris, WRM, Gove, Davis etc would make a good PM? Even they're no longer spouting the lies they told during the campaign, and they've all run off as they don't want to take responsibility for clearing up the mess they created.

Whichever way you cut it, we're f!$%ed, this is what taking back control looks like I suppose.
-
chief lurker
preston lancs,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon15 Nov 2018 18:36
iF THE EU IS THAT GOOD AND STABLE f!$% OFF THERE:frown:
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Nov 2018 19:16
Don`t feed the unpatriotic
stirring troll:thumbup:
-
andy d
Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer XC

icon15 Nov 2018 19:42
I've had a quiet day today so I actually read the draft agreement. Not all at once mind because it's as boring as fook legalese.
This bit is one of my personal favourites;

'For the purposes of this Agreement all references to Member States in provisions of Union law shall be understood as including the United Kingdom and its competent authorities, except as regards decision-making'.
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Nov 2018 19:45
His postings have been ok on this thread, he is entitled to his opinion as we are to ours. When he starts calling us all c!$%s that's a different matter. :smile:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon15 Nov 2018 19:54
Strat:
If there was a second referendum, and remain won it ( who can make sense of the polls on this ), surely it would be 1 - 1 and quite rightly the Brexiteers would demand it goes to a decider, so where does it end?

I highly doubt there would be a third "best out of three" referendum . If a second referendum vote results in remain then that would be game over regarding Brexit .

It's a sad fact and abhorrent to you Strat , but you will find that the majority of leavers are democratic and will accept the result of a majority vote .
You probably think that reversing the referendum is a triumph , but all you will have done is simply put another nail in the coffin of democracy .
You might as well dissolve parliament and let the Germans and French run the UK , at least we'd save money from employing civil servants and spineless MPs . Level the houses of parliament and a build some nice apartments , sorted
Give yourself a patriotic democratic pat on the back ,
power to the people !!!
-
andy d
Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer XC

icon15 Nov 2018 20:25
M1, This is pretty much what you have just said.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/11/mays...
-
bollockscatweasel
Awaywiththefairies,
United Kingdom

Sprint RS (00-01)

icon15 Nov 2018 20:45
If there was another reforendom
Strat:

As for replacing TM, are you Brexit types really suggesting that Boris, WRM, Gove, Davis etc would make a good PM? Even they're no longer spouting the lies they told during the campaign, and they've all run off as they don't want to take responsibility for clearing up the mess they created.

Whichever way you cut it, we're f!$%ed, this is what taking back control looks like I suppose.

Lies like 'there are no plans for an EU military?
Or what about the latest from the French as to the need for an EU empire?
This is all dangerous s!$% that's being conveniently ignored by the expansionist power mad remorons!:frown:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon15 Nov 2018 20:50
Gladtobebackontwowheels:
:lol:, you are a git. Let's see if you manage to flush out you know who.....

Yup he did...:lol:
-
Sir Alan of Ingol
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon15 Nov 2018 23:06
https://ibb.co/bVQCS0
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon15 Nov 2018 23:57
Mach 1:
Strat:

I highly doubt there would be a third "best out of three" referendum . If a second referendum vote results in remain then that would be game over regarding Brexit .

It's a sad fact and abhorrent to you Strat , but you will find that the majority of leavers are democratic and will accept the result of a majority vote .
You probably think that reversing the referendum is a triumph , but all you will have done is simply put another nail in the coffin of democracy .
You might as well dissolve parliament and let the Germans and French run the UK , at least we'd save money from employing civil servants and spineless MPs . Level the houses of parliament and a build some nice apartments , sorted
Give yourself a patriotic democratic pat on the back ,
power to the people !!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

The complete shambles that the Tories, and all politicians, have made of this will go down in history as a truly infamous and deliberate act. Some other bright spark has just resigned having just realised you can't have someone leading a negotiation that doesn't believe in it. These f!$%wits are pretending to run the country, you couldn't f!$%ing make it up!30

I just wish they'd f!$%ing hurry up and get rid of that duplicitous quisling May!:angry:

Ps. Theresa, Geoffrey Boycott disliked the EU for your info!!!:lol:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon16 Nov 2018 08:52
Obee Wan:
The complete shambles that the Tories, and all politicians, have made of this will go down in history as a truly infamous and deliberate act. Some other bright spark has just resigned having just realised you can't have someone leading a negotiation that doesn't believe in it. These f!$%wits are pretending to run the country, you couldn't f!$%ing make it up!

I just wish they'd f!$%ing hurry up and get rid of that duplicitous quisling May!

Ps. Theresa, Geoffrey Boycott disliked the EU for your info!!!

In my opinion it's more the MPs fault than TM's , she has never had 100% backing of the negotiations from parliament , including her own party . Replacing her with someone who voted Brexit isn't going to make any difference as , by the looks of it , any deal put forward to parliament is going to be rejected .
The failure in Brexit is MPs not accepting the referendum and not showing a united position in the negotiations .
Having heard Labour's strategy for Brexit , if we have a general election and they win , they would sell us down the river. In the Custom Union and member of single market but we can't negotiate any trade deals with other countries and we can't have a seat at future EU trade deals , that's worse than where we are now ffs :speechless::speechless:
And they are on about extending the deadline , how long is that going to take ?
Gladtobebackontwowheels:
Royally f!$%ed

Oh yes indeed :thumbup:
-
  Next Page
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Brexit, finally we have a deal, all is now well....
-