Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Another f***ing petition
Info
Sussex,
United Kingdom

Rocket III Classic (07-09)

icon01 Nov 2018 16:48
Yes, I know it is a waste of time... but the Remain side have had petitions calling for a 2nd referendum so it would be good if this one opposing it got more votes than theirs.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions...
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Nov 2018 16:53
Signed
-
---KK---
Essex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Nov 2018 17:11
Done.
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon01 Nov 2018 17:17
Did it last week.:thumbup:
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon01 Nov 2018 17:42
Signed.
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Nov 2018 18:27
+1 :thumbup:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Nov 2018 19:07
signed:thumbup:
-
buzzydog
Scotland,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Nov 2018 20:44
Signed
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

icon02 Nov 2018 13:48
:thumbup::smile:
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon02 Nov 2018 15:50
can i do it twice?
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

icon02 Nov 2018 16:30
Katies Grandad:
can i do it twice?

If you are a Corbynista with both student digs and parents address you get to vote twice. Everyone else gets one vote.
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon03 Nov 2018 10:16
i havent signed it, but i didnt sign the other one so that makes it even.

has a petition ever made a jot of difference to anything?
-
Danny
SE Wales,
United Kingdom

America (02->)

icon03 Nov 2018 10:32
Flappytabs:

I doubt it. I didn't sign either.
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon03 Nov 2018 13:50
It may do it may not, but what harm can it do? And it's a couple of minutes out of your life.
-
KentGoldings
Mälardalen,
Sweden

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon03 Nov 2018 15:11
Danny:
Flappytabs:

I doubt it. I didn't sign either.

Gladtobebackontwowheels:
It may do it may not, but what harm can it do? And it's a couple of minutes out of your life.

Sign if it makes you feel good, if not, leave it! :grin:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon04 Nov 2018 16:44
Signed:thumbup:
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon04 Nov 2018 18:07
I see on the map, that central concentration of uber luvvies and liberal elites, London has barely a vote of dissent.:smirk:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon05 Nov 2018 17:25
Done...:thumbup:
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon05 Nov 2018 22:33
According to channel 4 we've all changed our minds now. Well I've not met anyone who has, so I wonder what sort of creative accounting they used to come up with that.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon06 Nov 2018 10:01
Katies Grandad:
According to channel 4 we've all changed our minds now. Well I've not met anyone who has, so I wonder what sort of creative accounting they used to come up with that.
:thumbup:

The media have a lot to answer for. Lets start by looking at who they are funded by other than by subscription. They go on about politicians and vested interests but then fail (especially the BBC) to acknowledge their own grants from the EU. Don't start me on the f!$%ing so called Independent. Must be a concern for them to have to make up any shortfall after six months time.

I for one will be seriously f!$%ed off if there's either a soft brexit or a second referendum for the halfwits who didn't understand the 2016 options on the ballot paper which clearly stated : "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union".
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon06 Nov 2018 11:04
Tbh I think if theres a second referendum there'll be a modicum of civil unrest.... and I'll be out there with em:angry:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon06 Nov 2018 11:04
~Bluelabel~:
Tbh I think if theres a second referendum there'll be a modicum of civil unrest.... and I'll be out there with em:angry:

-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon06 Nov 2018 13:28
+1
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon06 Nov 2018 20:18
~Bluelabel~:

It would seriously undermine democracy :thumbdown:
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon07 Nov 2018 18:36
Response I received via Email today:

Government responded to “Stop possible second referendum on E.U. membership”
Yahoo
/
Inbox

Petitions: UK Government and Parliament <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

7 Nov at 04:23

You’re receiving this email because you signed this petition: “Stop possible second referendum on E.U. membership”.

To unsubscribe from getting emails about this petition: https://petition.parliament.uk/signature...

Dear xxxx xxxxxxx,

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “Stop possible second referendum on E.U. membership”.

Government responded:

A clear majority of the electorate voted to leave the European Union. We must respect both the will of the British people, and the democratic process which delivered this result.

The Government is clear that we will respect the result of the 2016 referendum, and that we will not hold a second referendum.

A clear majority of the electorate voted to leave the European Union in the 2016 referendum. Almost three quarters of the electorate took part in the referendum, resulting in 17.4 million votes to leave the European Union. This is the highest number of votes cast for anything in UK electoral history. This was the biggest democratic mandate for a course of action ever directed at any UK Government.

Parliament then overwhelmingly confirmed the result of the referendum by voting with clear and convincing majorities in both of its Houses for the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill.

In last year’s General Election, over 80% of people then also voted for parties committing to respect the result of the referendum - it was the stated policy of both major parties that the decision of the people would be respected. The Government is clear that it is now its duty to implement the will expressed by the electorate in the referendum - respecting both the will of the British people, and the democratic process which delivered the referendum result.

The British people must be able to trust in its Government both to effect their will, and to deliver the best outcome for them. As the Prime Minister has said: “This is about more than the decision to leave the EU; it is about whether the public can trust their politicians to put in place the decision they took.” In upholding that directive to withdraw from the European Union, the Government is delivering on that promise. We recognise that to do otherwise would be to undermine the decision of the British people, and to disrespect the powerful democratic values of this country and this government.

The Government therefore continues to be committed to delivering on the instruction given to us by the British people: working to overcome the challenges and seize the opportunities this brings to deliver an outcome which betters the lives of British people - whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.

The people of the United Kingdom gave a clear instruction and the Government is committed to seeing that through. We will leave the European Union on 29 March 2019.

Department for Exiting the European Union

Click this link to view the response online:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions...

This petition has over 100,000 signatures. The Petitions Committee will consider it for a debate. They can also gather further evidence and press the government for action.

The Committee is made up of 11 MPs, from political parties in government and in opposition. It is entirely independent of the Government. Find out more about the Committee: https://petition.parliament.uk/help#peti...

Thanks,
The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

You’re receiving this email because you signed this petition: “Stop possible second referendum on E.U. membership”.

To unsubscribe from getting emails about this petition: https://petition.parliament.uk/signature...
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon07 Nov 2018 19:16

I'll believe it when I see it
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon08 Nov 2018 07:48
If the above is the case why are so many MP's trying to derail the process....?
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon08 Nov 2018 08:13
Because they are self-serving c!$%s who live in the back pockets of rich business people who would rather things stayed the way they are.
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Dec 2018 16:45
Well, they debated it in parliament on Monday. Not viewed it all the way through, but not much of a turnout... 43 https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/43...
-
buzzydog
Scotland,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Dec 2018 20:25
Signed
-
Obeewan
Eastern Angles,
United Kingdom

Daytona Super III

icon05 Dec 2018 20:53
When a government believes it's own lies you know the whole s!$%show, more importantly our so called democracy, is in serious trouble. This is going escalate and come home to roost. Utter c!$%s.:frown:
-
Hydrocarbonharry
South West,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Dec 2018 21:30
-
The real X-man
North Lincolnshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast