Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Idiot
Info
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 08:31
https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/la...

"Traffic Constable Andrew Forth, who led the investigation for North Yorkshire Police, said afterward: “If you want to attract our attention, repeatedly gesturing at police camera vans with your middle finger while you’re driving a distinctive car fitted with a laser jammer is an excellent way to do it."

:lol:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon27 Apr 2018 09:56
Eight months stir, crikey that's a bit harsh isn't it?
-
onlineGDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon27 Apr 2018 12:35
I got a NIP in the post earlier this week, took me a while to work out what is was talking about but eventually realised they were saying I had ridden through a red light. In Essex.
I live in Lancashire about 240 miles from the location of the offence and given that I have Lancashire, Yorkshire Cumbria and Scotland at my disposal why the fook would I ride to Essex?

So it looks like some scrote has cloned my plate and is riding about causing offence on my behalf. I hope the are caught and charged with the pervert offence and banged up too.

I called Essex police and told the I only ride through red lights in the north of England and they seem to be taking me seriously. I'm glad in a way it was someone so far away than right on my door step which would be more difficult to prove.
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 12:51
GDCobra:
I called Essex police and told the I only ride through red lights in the north of England and they seem to be taking me seriously..
:lol::thumbup:
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 13:26
GDCobra:
I got a NIP in the post earlier this week, took me a while to work out what is was talking about but eventually realised they were saying I had ridden through a red light. In Essex.
I live in Lancashire about 240 miles from the location of the offence

Ditto (different places of course but similar offence), except I was in France at the time of the offence and could prove it.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon27 Apr 2018 14:24
one of the last times I was out on the wife's bike I came around a corner on a quiet country road a bit quick only to see the back of an operating camera van with it's window open. Pulled up sharply about 80 yards away, removed jacket and draped it over the no plate and rear light. Then executed a u turn while cheerily waving at the van. Didn't give them the finger though:lol:
-
Henpecked
Gtr Manchester,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint ST (05->)

icon27 Apr 2018 18:22
Baldbloke:
one of the last times I was out on the wife's bike I came around a corner on a quiet country road a bit quick only to see the back of an operating camera van with it's window open. Pulled up sharply about 80 yards away, removed jacket and draped it over the no plate and rear light. Then executed a u turn while cheerily waving at the van. Didn't give them the finger though:lol:

With my current luck if I tried that the jacket would catch on the exhaust burst into flames and torch the bike. The only saving grace would be a copy of the video to recoup my losses via youtube advertising.:frown:
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon27 Apr 2018 18:36
" perverting the course of justice "

Penalties for this always seem to be harsher than just about anything else
-
andy d
Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer XC

icon27 Apr 2018 20:11
----KK----:
https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/la...

"Traffic Constable Andrew Forth, who led the investigation for North Yorkshire Police, said afterward: “If you want to attract our attention, repeatedly gesturing at police camera vans with your middle finger while you’re driving a distinctive car fitted with a laser jammer is an excellent way to do it."

:lol:

Whether you agree with the sentence or not, that is a top quote. :lol:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Apr 2018 11:39
But they can't be bothered to come out to investigate a burglary. :angry:
-
Henpecked
Gtr Manchester,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint ST (05->)

icon29 Apr 2018 19:59
jaguartvr:

Yeah with limited resources they have to target serious crimes like murder and easily solved but profitable ones like speeding where we all carry an ID tag with us in the form of a reg plate. :frown::frown::frown:
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon30 Apr 2018 23:09
jaguartvr:

X2 here, neither solved though they said they knew who they were30 - talk about adding insult to injury!:frown:
-
PaulM
Northampton,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon01 May 2018 07:23
If you want to see how useless the police are wait till our travelling friends park on a village green and s!$%e all over it leave broken glass etc and see what the police do. Sorry its not a priority.:angry::angry::angry::angry:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon01 May 2018 08:39
PaulM:
If you want to see how useless the police are wait till our travelling friends park on a village green and s!$%e all over it leave broken glass etc and see what the police do. Sorry its not a priority.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Diplomatic immunity :speechless:
-
j p
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon01 May 2018 13:52
your driving violations get you more time then a real crime !!
And how can they prove he was flipping off the plod..maybe he was flipping off another driver ,or flipping off his wife talking on the cell 20
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon01 May 2018 14:08
j p:
And how can they prove he was flipping off the plod..maybe he was flipping off another driver ,or flipping off his wife talking on the cell 20
3 times at the same spot? :lol:
-
j p
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon01 May 2018 14:47
----KK----:
j p:
3 times at the same spot? :lol:

Over here ..reasonable doubt gets you off :tongueout:
-
onlineGDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon01 May 2018 21:04
Just got another 6 point NIP today, 92 in a 50 zone in Hertfordshire this time (although only 9 miles from the last one) so had to send all proof off again. This business of not stopping people for a crime is not right.
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon01 May 2018 21:16
Points means prizes.:thumbup:
-
onlineGDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon01 May 2018 21:31
----KK----:
Points means prizes.:thumbup:

They'll be smiling on the other side of their face (whatever that means) in the unlikely event they get caught.
-
Andy
Newbury,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint RS (00-01)

icon02 May 2018 12:58
j p :
Over here ..reasonable doubt gets you off :tongueout:

Over there you have to survive not being shot by the arresting officer first off in order to get to court and have your case heard.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Idiot
-