Triumph Torque Logo

Saturday, 26 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Confess and set yourself free.....
Info
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon26 Apr 2018 21:18
What's the stupidest thing you've done with your bike?

I went out on the bike a couple of weeks back and upon my return I thought it prudent to top up the oil. So I picked up a bottle of Castrol's finest from the garage and started pouring it into the engine when I noticed it wasn't the usual red colour but rather more yellow. I then remembered after pouring in maybe a cup full that I had used an old bottle of Castrol bottle in the shed for storing weedkiller. Some how this bottle had been brought into the garage.:doh: On the up side they'll be no weeds growing in the engine. :speechless: I stuck a piece of gaffer tape across the ignition to make sure the engine remained off until I drained it down.

So today I drained it down and changed the filter, ran it for about 5 minutes. I'll drain it again tomorrow and that should remove any remaining weedkiller.

:blush:

Someone must have done something more dumb?40
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon26 Apr 2018 21:24
Nope! You are confirmed as the dumbest mofo on here:lol:
-
~EARL~
gods country wales,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon26 Apr 2018 22:26
Removed bike from garage failed to noticed sidestand wasn't down before I dropped it on the floor .

This was the morning of my first scroppers lol
-
j p
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon26 Apr 2018 22:44
140mph in a 30mph is the dumbest I ever done
Well 185mph in a55mph is mathematically dumber but ..fairly safe on a 4 lane highway with no cars in sight :lol:
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon27 Apr 2018 09:29
Define the word safe JP?
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon27 Apr 2018 10:03
I removed the oil tank and side panel on my 72 Daytona for painting. Once back I refitted the feed/return pipes the wrong way round :blush:

I did 25 miles before the motor seized :cry:
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 12:53
:lol: At least I'm not the only f!$%wit on here then.:tongueout: :lol:
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 13:24
Rode my 748 into garage after a 'spirited' ride got off and walked away; walked back to pick it off garage wall due to not having put side stand down. Thank goodness it didn't fall the other way. Cost £100 for the damage (genuine Ducati parts...wing mirror and lever).
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon27 Apr 2018 13:28
Dropped my T140ES Executive in to the wall of our house trying to put it on the main stand after washing it :blush:

Right hand pannier saved the day :cry:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Premier Member
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon27 Apr 2018 14:27
Rode off with the steering lock on from the pub forecourt.... demolished all the tables and chairs... once hit the starter button... but had left it in gear as I'd parked on a slope...
Tried an aggressive pull away from a garage forecourt... rear wheel spun up on spilt diesel and dumped me on me arse... we've all done silly things... fortunately a little dignity is all we lose if we are lucky....:blush::tongueout:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon27 Apr 2018 14:34
I did that once on my Harley down at Box Hill

It had a fooking great clasp lock through the headtsock

Bike just circled round 360 degrees :blush:

I pretended I meant to do it :speechless:
-
Mark Savage
Warwickshire,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 15:20
I bought a second hand tailpiece for my Speedtriple so I wouldn't damage my mint condition original whilst hillclimbing. I fitted it and stepped back to look at it and...Crack, big foot straight onto my original one...argh!
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint GT

icon27 Apr 2018 15:22
I bought a BMW once, does that count?
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 15:40
The man who makes no mistakes makes nothing at all. :tongueout:

That reminds me, I was getting my T595 out of the garage whilst straddling it, my foot slipped and I was trapped between the bike (which was now leaning over at approx 45 degrees) and the garage door frame. I shouted to the missus and the kids who were indoors and they later claimed they didn't hear me. 40

After a few minutes and after a superhuman effort I managed to get the bastard thing off me.08 I've had better time on the bike.:lol:
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 16:34
Typical Locksmith ! Even Houdini wouldna have got into that situation .... 07
-
Dancing Llama
Basel,
Switzerland

Speed Triple 955i (99-01)

icon27 Apr 2018 17:11
Early morning, girding my flappy bottom for the long ride home, pulled into a petrol station on the motorway in France to fill up. Previously I’d mainly tried to avoid any “E-fuel” (natural alcohol added) and generally went for 98 octane instead of 95. Unfortunately this station had additional colour coded options, especially within the eco-friendly diesel range. I was in a hurry and obviously hadn’t smelled enough coffee yet.

After trying to kick myself a couple of times, despondently entered the shop and paid for my full tank of eco-friendly green label diesel (no raised eyebrows from cashier) before calling the local RAC for help. My only excuse, in Switzerland diesel nozzles are always black (and usually greasy) never green…

….well, at least I didn’t try Round-Up :blush: but please, don't tell anyone who knows me :cry:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon27 Apr 2018 18:03
Did a 700 mile trip just stopping for fuel on an SP370. Last fill up was an Austrian petrol station in the middle of winter. my legs were so cold I couldn't get them off the pegs and went down with the lightweight bike. The indignity of having the attendant pull the bike off of me:blush:

Setting off enthusiastically with a disc brake clamp in situ:beatup::blush::blush:
-
Riggsy
Maidenhead/Cov,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple R

icon27 Apr 2018 18:23
XJ600 "Divvy". Front wheel Disk Lock ON!.
Sprirted standing start in the middle of Stratford-upon-Avon Midday on a summer Friday (at least a gazzillion people watching!)

Some TWAT came up to me while I was picking the bike off the floor and said:
"You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen that!"

My Reply was "You're not helping so please just f!$% OFF!" (I was not in the best mood :blush::lol::lol:.)
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Premier Member
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon27 Apr 2018 18:39
Dropped my 650 Katana turning into Creg-Ne-Ba carpark to a huge cheer from the grandstand:blush:
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 18:50
I pulled up in front of my mate's house when I was 17 on my then new GSX250E. I did an impressive emergency stop:thumbup:.........locked the front wheel up on the gravel by the kerb and threw myself and the bike on the floor. Not too sure how impressed his mum was who happened to be standing there.:blush::blush:
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon27 Apr 2018 18:52
----KK----:
I pulled up in front of my mate's house when I was 17 on my then new GSX250E. I did an impressive emergency stop:thumbup:.........locked the front wheel up on the gravel by the kerb and threw myself and the bike on the floor. Not too sure how impressed his mum was who happened to be standing there.:blush::blush:

Should have told her you were just trying to break a bar of chocolate in your back pocket.
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Apr 2018 19:03
GDCobra:

Should have told her you were just trying to break a bar of chocolate in your back pocket.
Break one! I nearly produced one! :lol:
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon27 Apr 2018 21:57
Mark Savage:
I bought a second hand tailpiece for my Speedtriple so I wouldn't damage my mint condition original whilst hillclimbing. I fitted it and stepped back to look at it and...Crack, big foot straight onto my original one...argh!

That's cruel.....but class.:lol:

Ok, then besides my earlier comment in this thread, I have had a few indignities.

No1, Just passed my test bought a GSX550EFE, no garage at home just under a cover outside the kitchen window on a raised patio. Gets the bike around the back, onto the patio and lost my balance so the bike is now falling away from me with me trying to lower it down slowly so as to limit the damage, but now the weight is getting the better of me and I end up doing a forward roll over the top of the bike straight through dogs!$%! I wasn't impressed!

No2, Working on site one day, knocking off time, all the lads leaving the site hut, me rushing to get my clobber on, gets outside the site hut, jumps on my ZX6R, starts it, nails it across the car park at full volume, stopped outside the security hut and kicked the stand down as I got off and I'm looking up from under the bike as the lads are pissing themselves whilst lifting the bike off me.

No3, stopped outside my mates house on my Mille R, he comes out of the house and says don't leave the bike half on, half off the driveway, pull it in further and we'll have a brew before we go out. I pulls the bike off the side stand and pulls it forward, and my left leg is now quite tight to the bike but the ignition lock is on so it's now coming towards me and tightening the radius across my leg but I now cannot stop it and had to lower it down onto the opposite side fairing! No damage luckily.
-
Strongy
Cumbria,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon28 Apr 2018 07:49
When I lived in London I stayed in Hither green, my mate lived near the old Kent road I went to see him on a Saturday , had a great day, gram of speed n numerous beers decided it would be a good idea to ride my bike home after about 10 pints. Al was well till I got to the next but last junction from home stopped and forgot to put my feet down. Me n bike fell over cx500 picked it up n carried on to next junction did the same again.
Never drink n drove since the lol
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon28 Apr 2018 09:02
Exuptoy, I knew despite your initial comment you'd have plenty of buffoonery moments.:tongueout: Probably have plenty more too! :lol:
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon28 Apr 2018 09:30
I might have????:lol:
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon28 Apr 2018 10:04
I bet you do.:tongueout:

Someone my dad knew had a Norton Commando, one Saturday he dropped it at a set of traffic lights. A passerby came over and said 'Are you OK?'

His reply was 'I'm fine, I do this every Saturday afternoon'. :smirk: :thumbup:

I love a snappy reply.:lol:
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon30 Apr 2018 11:02
August Bank Holiday 1982.

Torquay Seafront.

A 19 year old lad on his brand new T140 pulls up, looking the dogs bollocks.

Unfortunately, the kick start has gone up the leg of his flared Levis, and when he pulls up he is unable to put his foot down.

He is trapped under the bike, and two pensioners have to lift it off of him.

No idea who he was.:blush:
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon30 Apr 2018 21:20
Nick:
August Bank Holiday 1982.

Torquay Seafront.

A 19 year old lad on his brand new T140 pulls up, looking the dogs bollocks.

Unfortunately, the kick start has gone up the leg of his flared Levis, and when he pulls up he is unable to put his foot down.

He is trapped under the bike, and two pensioners have to lift it off of him.

No idea who he was.:blush:

That brings back a memory I'd forgotten all about!
Only difference was it was not in Torquay so not so many pensioners around and I had to get myself out from under.
-
Riggsy
Maidenhead/Cov,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple R

icon06 May 2018 17:46
Kick-start up the jeans:lol:

I remember it well, Utter panic and f!$% all you can do:cry::cry:
-
Fretmeister
The Aquaduct?,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon06 May 2018 23:20
Or laces from your DM's around it, or the brake pedal, or gear lever.
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon07 May 2018 12:40
Two of the daftest things you can do is ride when you're tired and/or unwell. Dropped my Mk1 S3 when attempting turning in a friend's driveway - thought I'd learned years ago that turning while trailing the front brake was a bad idea!:blush::lol: Luckily laid it down slowly and only a tiny scratches on my wing mirror.:thumbup:
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon13 May 2018 19:39
Not bike related but still dumb....

Going over Junction 15 towards Marlborough in Heavy Traffic & Rain I noticed a man wearing an orange two piece wet suit on a path walking towards the junction, I then looked in my mirrors and indicated to come off the junction, when I looked up the man had fallen to the ground and was now lying prone on the floor with his head on the ground. The heavy traffic and rain made it dangerous to stop so, hands free, I called 999 and reported it as an emergency.

As soon as I ended the call and just a mile up the road I saw a police car coming towards me turn on its blue lights and a warm feeling of community spirit rushed over me. As I continued to golf about 5 minutes later I got a call back from the emergency room....

"thanks for your emergency call, the Thames Water man looking down into a drain has assured us he is OK and he needed no assistance".......said the giggling person on the other end..:blush::blush::blush:
-
Fretmeister
The Aquaduct?,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon13 May 2018 19:47
Could have bought a KTM, now that would be very silly xxx
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Confess and set yourself free.....
-