Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 18 October 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > A day in the life...!
Info
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon05 Apr 2018 15:17
finish nights at 06.05 am get home through heavy traffic at 06.50am go to bed after a wash and a kiss from the wife... wake up at 08.30, then again at 10.25, then again at 11.40... finally drag me arse out of bed at 13.00... make a spag bol sauce for dinner tonight, feed cats, put telly on and slobber over Cote de Pablo in NCIS.. type drivel on the net for a wee while, slobber over Cote de Pablo again.... (she really is very easy on the eye)

Wait for the wife get in, finish dinner, watch a bit of telly, get ready for work at 8pm leave for work at 20.30... spend 8 hours firefighting and fielding calls from production suites all clamouring for stores, picking orders, clearing finished packs of goods, spend some time training out work guides to new recruit, listen to load of utter bollocks from line manager, wash up, queue up at the clock and repeat.... god I feckin hate this s!$%e.... Cote de Pablo made the day a tad brighter tho'
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Apr 2018 15:59
My day yesterday. Went to replace an old underfloor door closer on a huge oak door (it must have been 8 foot high). Took a colleague with as there was no way I could lift it on my own. The old closer was concreted in and soon got it out. Went to the stockist about 8 miles down the road and was told it was well obsolete and that I'd need to change every part of it including the foot that secures it to the door. I was hoping a converter would enable me to reuse the old foot but hey ho. Bought quick drying cement whilst at the supplier, they reckoned 2 would be enough but I got 3 to be on the safe side. Dug out all the loose crap under the door and cemented in the new closer, 3 bags wasn't enough, had to go out and get a 4th.:frown: Fitted the new door foot. After a lot of faffing about making a million adjustments, the closer worked beautifully. Cleared up and went home. Sent the invoice to one of the residents who was dealing with job and got this email back today.

'Dear David ,
Thank you for providing an excellent service . Good craftsmen are hard to find .
Kind regards
Jo and Stu
'

I can only imagine they sent the email to the wrong contractor.:tongueout:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon05 Apr 2018 16:01
'Dear David ,
Thank you for providing an excellent service . Good craftsmen are hard to find .
Kind regards
Jo and Stu'

PS when are you going to come back and clear up all the broke glass ?
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Apr 2018 16:46
Jo & Stu:
A Hard man is Good to find David - craftsmen or not .... 04 .
Kind regards.

Sounds like you made quite an impression !
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Apr 2018 17:05
Nice n Fat:

PS when are you going to come back and clear up all the broke glass ?
No glass was hurt during the fitting of this door closer.:tongueout:

ST. 30
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Apr 2018 17:18
Correct ....
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon06 Apr 2018 11:51
~Bluelabel~:
finish nights at 06.05 am get home through heavy traffic at 06.50am go to bed after a wash and a kiss from the wife... wake up at 08.30, then again at 10.25, then again at 11.40... finally drag me arse out of bed at 13.00... make a spag bol sauce for dinner tonight, feed cats, put telly on and slobber over Cote de Pablo in NCIS.. type drivel on the net for a wee while, slobber over Cote de Pablo again.... (she really is very easy on the eye)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...

I have to agree, seen the trailers for the new series of NCIS and it won't be the same without Ziva and Abby!... although that bird who's jumped ship from Blue Bloods is a bit tasty too

/media/file/133823.aspx
-
Nige
Tuesday so must be,
Belgium

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon06 Apr 2018 11:59
Nothing wrong with Chilean females and Cote proves that. Has she packed some pounds on recently though, or is that photo just a bit unflattering..?
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon06 Apr 2018 12:10
Nah, she got curves... but here's a more flattering angle.

/media/file/133824.aspx
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon06 Apr 2018 13:33
BINKIE -AKA Woodie:
Nah, she got curves... but here's a more flattering angle.

/media/file/133824.aspx

:thumbup::thumbup:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon06 Apr 2018 13:36
Yum....:blush:
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon06 Apr 2018 23:17
From night shifts to girls bottoms, TT normality prevails:evil:...

Did day and night shifts once in my life when 22 - when young you can hack it, just couldn't now.:beatup:
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator

icon07 Apr 2018 04:04
I'll be 60 in three months... been doing shifts since 1978...:cry:
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon08 Apr 2018 14:30
~Bluelabel~:
I'll be 60 in three months... been doing shifts since 1978...:cry:

Just hope your pension is worth it H.
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer

icon08 Apr 2018 17:06
One of the reasons I left my old job was the fact that I was going onto a rotating shift pattern of 2 months of earlies, lates and nights including weekends and bank holidays with only Xmas day guaranteed off and being on call 24/7.

Getting up at 05:00 for a 6:00am start was bad enough but going onto nights after not working it for 15 years was a nightmare. I was always tired and it made the family's life hell as they had to creep about in the daytime to avoid waking me. :frown:

After a change of jobs...........

Sunday to Thursday 14:00 - 22:00, all BH's off, not on call and happy! :smile:

Shift working is never easy but the older you get the harder it is.
-
~EARL~
gods country wales,
United Kingdom

Tiger 800XC

icon08 Apr 2018 17:23
I only do days now but on call 1 in 6 and being called out in the night is bloody hard work even if I get 7.5 hrs off after midnight lol
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer

icon08 Apr 2018 18:00
A roofing tile making company in Swindon was looking for a shift manager working 4 on and 4 off, 12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights. It paid well at £47,500 per year but I know it would have killed me.

Leave it to the younger folk I think...
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Daytona 675

icon08 Apr 2018 19:22
Just doing my last night shift of 3, off Monday and, Tuesday, in 12hr days Wed/Thurs then off for 10!
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon10 Apr 2018 11:29
russ999rocket:
A roofing tile making company in Swindon was looking for a shift manager working 4 on and 4 off, 12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights. It paid well at £47,500 per year but I know it would have killed me.

Leave it to the younger folk I think...

I did the same shifts as server support in a DC but was glad to see the back of it.

Could never get my sleep pattern right.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > A day in the life...!
-