Triumph Torque Logo

Sunday, 21 October 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Are you a Mamil?
Info
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Apr 2018 18:38
I know it's a popular subject on here and I'm sure you 'll want to see the movie.:tongueout:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon01 Apr 2018 18:47
Whilst not fully embracing the MAMIL ethos... I hope to be cycling to my new job in October... hope to get a job in Fyfield, which is a goodly ride away, so I need to start using me exercise bike to get fit before taking to the roads proper:tongueout::blush:
-
chief lurker
preston lancs,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon01 Apr 2018 19:02
Feckin nuisance riding three abreast at 3mph time for driving licence insurance and mot for twats on bikes:frown:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Apr 2018 19:06
Instant w!$%er, just add lycra.
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

TT600 (00-01)

icon01 Apr 2018 19:25
We live on the Tour de Druggies route and are inundated with the lycra-clad bell ends!:frown:
-
Freck
Preston, Lancs,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon01 Apr 2018 20:24
Loads of the Lycra clad tossers about on the roads today, two and three abreast around blind corners on country roads. I tried to get a few of them but missed :frown: Must try harder next time :tongueout:
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

Rocket III Classic (07-09)

icon01 Apr 2018 22:13
Yes! A mamil here. I am continuing to get further into cycling as part of a strange urge I developed recently to do a Triathlon - though I try not to be a twat about cycling on roads. From getting out of breath doing up my shoe laces a couple of years ago I now swim 1500m in about 35 minutes, 40k on the bicycle (on a hilly route) in 1hr 45min and 10k run in 1hr 5min. Next thing is doing them all on the same day! The triathlon I am planing on entering is on my 57th birthday. If I stop posting in July - it killed me.
-
Danny
SE Wales,
United Kingdom

America (02->)

icon01 Apr 2018 23:39
Well done on what you have achieved so far.:thumbup:
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 Apr 2018 00:03
Well done Hov.:thumbup:

I've been training pretty hard for my upcoming ski holiday in 2 weeks. :smile:
-
KentGoldings
Mälardalen,
Sweden

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon02 Apr 2018 07:48
Well done Hov.:thumbup: :smile:

But I hope you are more Mam than il in Mamil! :grin:

Because tight lycra restricts the blood to your brain and relealise the idiot in you! :lol:

I am a lycra free cyclist with tools and a short pump in my rucksack! :tongueout:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...

“We know we look like stupid weekend warriors,” admits one. Others talk knowingly about midlife crises as their not-entirely-amused wives roll their eyes.

“There are lots of really inspirational stories out there of people of all different shapes and sizes pulling the Lycra on and getting on their bike. Of course there’s a bit of a Monty Python element to it – no amount of expensive Swiss-made gear can change that – but you just have to embrace your inner Mamil and go with it.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01xasUt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrofQKwW...
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon02 Apr 2018 09:36
I get out on me bike when I can on the mean streets of Dundee. We actually have some good off road cycling routes. One in particular goes along the side of the road for a couple of miles. It's new therefore in good condition but these aresholes insist on using the road. Why I hear you ask, well the only reason I can think of is to piss of other road users, two a breast sometimes :angry:
-
KentGoldings
Mälardalen,
Sweden

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon02 Apr 2018 10:05
Tasha:
I get out on me bike when I can on the mean streets of Dundee. We actually have some good off road cycling routes. One in particular goes along the side of the road for a couple of miles. It's new therefore in good condition but these aresholes insist on using the road. Why I hear you ask, well the only reason I can think of is to piss of other road users, two a breast sometimes :angry:

Because the tight lycra restricts the blood to their brains and relealise the idiot in them! :cry:
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

Rocket III Classic (07-09)

icon02 Apr 2018 23:23
Danny:
Well done on what you have achieved so far.:thumbup:

----KK----:
Well done Hov.:thumbup:

I've been training pretty hard for my upcoming ski holiday in 2 weeks. :smile:

KentGoldings :
Well done Hov.:thumbup: :smile:

But I hope you are more Mam than il in Mamil! :grin:

Because tight lycra restricts the blood to your brain and relealise the idiot in you! :lol:

Recently an old bloke at the pool I use was unlocking his bike and we had a chat. Turned out he cycles 5 miles to the pool and swims about 30 lengths 3 times a week. He just turned 90! I reckon there is not much point in reaching 90 if you cannot get pleasure from life. With that routine he manages. It kind of inspired me to get fit while I still can - then hopefully keep it that way.
-
Skybone
Highlands,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (99-01)

icon03 Apr 2018 10:11
Middle Aged Motorcyclists In Leathers? :lol:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Are you a Mamil?
-