Triumph Torque Logo

Saturday, 26 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Buying a Car from Manchester..
Info
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon28 Mar 2018 14:39
has proven to be a rather costly error for a work colleague of mine as he has just had the car taken off of him after 3 months of ownership by the police as it was found to be stolen.

It came to light when he tried to tax it online and it came up with a different car, I am not sure of the full details but he bought it off a company, that no longer exists and had false directors/owners, that showed him the full HPI checks etc and he payed by debit card after a loan.

The police report showed that under the drivers seat on a Kia Sportage is some kind of chassis identification that had not been changed, all the others looked OK but under forensics showed they had been tampered with.

He is now £14,500 worse off :speechless:.
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon28 Mar 2018 14:44
:sad: aren't people cnuts!
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon28 Mar 2018 15:49
Don't you have to tax it immediately after purchase these days 44
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon28 Mar 2018 19:38
Rob NMTB:

Good point Rob, I will find out what exactly happened.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon28 Mar 2018 19:39
Rob NMTB:

Yup , road tax not transferable between vehicles :thumbup:

Your colleague has been very unlucky Russ, but has been obviously scammed by professionals , a costly purchase for sure :speechless:.
Personally , for years I never hpi'd a vehicle but now I wouldn't trust anyone and for the sake of £15 I would always get a check myself . It's a sad world now that you can't trust people unfortunately
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon28 Mar 2018 19:45
We cannot understand why he did not go to a main dealer when spending that kind of money, just shows what can happen when you see "a bargain" on a forecourt.
-
ChazzyB
Surrey,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon28 Mar 2018 19:54
russ999rocket:

I couldn't afford to drop £14.5K.

Manchester. That was the clue. :pirate:
-
Henpecked
Gtr Manchester,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint ST (05->)

icon28 Mar 2018 20:13
Some things never change. Bought a car in Manchester about 30 years ago that I'd seen on a forecourt.

Turned out to be stolen

But in the weeks between me buying it and the police turning up a dozy bint pulled out from a side street and I smashed the car front end.

Paid £50 to the insurance company for the car. (it was old) Got the tosser locked up who sold it to me and after having the car repaired by mates. Sold it a year later for more than it cost me even allowing for the repairs.

Best deal ever apart from having to spend thirty mins in a police interview room.
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon28 Mar 2018 20:54
russ999rocket:
has proven to be a rather costly error for a work colleague of mine as he has just had the car taken off of him after 3 months of ownership by the police as it was found to be stolen.

It came to light when he tried to tax it online and it came up with a different car, I am not sure of the full details but he bought it off a company, that no longer exists and had false directors/owners, that showed him the full HPI checks etc and he payed by debit card after a loan.

The police report showed that under the drivers seat on a Kia Sportage is some kind of chassis identification that had not been changed, all the others looked OK but under forensics showed they had been tampered with.

Can we assume that the vendor was of a goat-raping persuasion?

Or a member of the Slavic Caravan Club?
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon29 Mar 2018 10:59
Nick:
russ999rocket:

'Cause white English people never commit crimes!

-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon29 Mar 2018 11:40
Not all goat rapers are thieves, but virtually all commies are twats.
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon29 Mar 2018 12:02
Strat, why do you keep coming back. It's clear you only frequent this site to get up peoples noses, which you do with a surprising ability!
Not sure if you ever watch shows like crimewatch or that show fronted by the annoying s!$% Dom Littlewood etc but you may be surprised to hear that the majority of the crimes committed are by racial minorities. That's not a racist statement, it's fact. So the statement above isn't racist, it's general observation.
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon29 Mar 2018 12:41
Someone's left the gate open at the c!$% farm again!:frown:
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon29 Mar 2018 16:39
Nick:

:lol:

Must remember that one.:thumbup:
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon29 Mar 2018 16:45
Nick:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon29 Mar 2018 17:00
Communist.....coincidence?
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon29 Mar 2018 17:33
OK - The amended version

has proven to be a rather costly error for a work colleague of mine as he has just had the car taken off of him after 9 months of ownership by the police as it was found to be stolen.

It came to light when he tried to tax it online 2 days after he bought it and it came up as already being taxed, I am not sure of the full details but he bought it as a Private Buyer and he payed by cash. This was after he done HPI checks etc himself, they all came back clear.

The car had been cloned, the police said the best they had seen, and it had taken the 9 months from the DVLA knowing about it to the police becoming involved. The report showed that under the drivers seat on a Kia Sportage is some kind of chassis identification that had not been changed, all the others looked OK but under forensics showed they had been tampered with.

He is now £14,500 worse off :speechless:

(and yes the seller was of Pakistani origin)
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon29 Mar 2018 17:36
Is the Goat OK ?
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon29 Mar 2018 18:45
Nothing a little Anusol can't fix.:thumbup:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon29 Mar 2018 19:05
Strat:

'Cause white English people never commit crimes!

From the horses mouth :tongueout:
russ999rocket:

(and yes the seller was of Pakistani origin)

If your mate bought the car with a hpi check then he may be able to claim compensation from the hpi claim company
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon29 Mar 2018 19:16
Mach 1:
If your mate bought the car with a hpi check then he may be able to claim compensation from the hpi claim company

No he won't ... he's bought a cloned car hence the reason why the HPI check came back clear /media/file/68296.aspx
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon29 Mar 2018 21:33
One born every minute. What a twat.:lol:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon29 Mar 2018 22:09
Nice n Fat:
Mach 1:

No he won't ... he's bought a cloned car hence the reason why the HPI check came back clear /media/file/68296.aspx

Ah right , never looked that far into it tbh :thumbup:.
Just shows you can do everything right and still get stung
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon30 Mar 2018 00:12
Know someone who bought Disco a few years ago for cash, all checked out hpi etc....another stolen clone, he lost 23 grand.31
-
lord stuart
derbyshire,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon30 Mar 2018 08:01
Pesky packies at it again,eh. :frown:

The golden rule is. And I'm not being racist here, never ever buy anything of a f!$%ing packie. :thumbup:

When you are looking to buy a car and you call them on telephone, the moment they answer and you can tell they have a packie voice, you put the f!$%ing phone down or you will get sucked in and burnt by them.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon30 Mar 2018 09:14
lord stuart:
Pesky packies at it again,eh. :frown:

The golden rule is. And I'm not being racist here, never ever buy anything of a f!$%ing packie. :thumbup:

When you are looking to buy a car and you call them on telephone, the moment they answer and you can tell they have a packie voice, you put the f!$%ing phone down or you will get sucked in and burnt by them.

It's sad to say but I have to agree :thumbup: .
I have had dealings with them before and you learn quickly to avoid getting involved . If there are any vehicles for sale in the 100 mile distance from where I live (Durham), that means Bradford and Leeds area , I am extremely cautious .
Bunch of shysters :speechless:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon30 Mar 2018 09:51
I used to deal with an Asian car trader from Swindon (Russ may even know who it is? /media/file/68296.aspx) and he was the dodgiest f!$%er I've ever come across

He used to sell lots of high end 4x4's to people who hadn't got a clue

We had high mileage Freelander he sold locally that came in for an ABS fault. He had hidden the fault light by breaking open the instrument binnacle and putting a lump of blue-tak over the ABS warning light /media/file/68297.aspx
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon30 Mar 2018 12:59
Nice n Fat:
I used to deal with an Asian car trader from Swindon (Russ may even know who it is? /media/file/68296.aspx) and he was the dodgiest f!$%er I've ever come across

We had high mileage Freelander he sold locally that came in for an ABS fault. He had hidden the fault light by breaking open the instrument binnacle and putting a lump of blue-tak over the ABS warning light /media/file/68297.aspx

S&R ?
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon30 Mar 2018 13:35
Nice n Fat:

But it solved the annoying warning light issue.:thumbup:
-
j p
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon30 Mar 2018 13:45
----KK----:
Nice n Fat:

But it solved the annoying warning light issue.:thumbup:

Not when they plug in and read for codes for inspection/MOT...

Maybe he should claim it on his auto insurance as stolen....technically it is a stolen car :lol::lol::lol:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon30 Mar 2018 14:27
russ999rocket:
Nice n Fat:

S&R ?

I couldn't possibly say /media/file/68296.aspx
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Buying a Car from Manchester..
-