Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 18 October 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Flippin' eck!
Info
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon25 Mar 2018 19:00
Got out for a couple of hours today which was nice. Unfortunately about 15 minutes in it rained so I rounded the next roundabout and headed back home. The rain seemed to be fairly localised and it was still dry towards home so I went out the other way. :smile:
Did about a 40 mile loop and headed home via the route that had been wet earlier. Roads were still a bit wet and felt, to me, like bloody ice! Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a wuss in the wet and I tried to convince myself that it can't possibly be THAT slippy. I relaxed and was riding as smoothly as possible while making reasonable progress. All was going ok until about 2 miles from home where there is a little left/right flick with a few feet drop, a bit like a mini corkscrew. I wasn't travelling fast and turned in nice and smooth when the front let go! f!$%ing hell I nearly s!$% myself! :lol: It probably only slid an inch or so but it felt like a foot.
Worse still, because I had to sit the bike up, I then ran wide on the right bend and came within a few inches of the wet mud at the side of the road which probably would have put me on the road. So it seems my gut feeling was, in fact, correct and I should have trusted my judgement. I was glad to get home! :lol:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
chief lurker
preston lancs,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon25 Mar 2018 19:15
Should that be southern wuss:smirk:
-
stevethegoolie
East Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Trident 900

icon25 Mar 2018 19:53
Wet, salty roads can be very slippery. Even when dry they should be treated with respect. Had the front wheel of my Daytona try to let go on a dry, well salted roundabout a few years ago30. Could have cracked a walnut with the ensuing botty clench!!29
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon25 Mar 2018 20:05
chief lurker:
Should that be southern wuss:smirk:

Can't deny it! :lol::lol:
-
Fret
The Aquaduct?,
United Kingdom

Tiger Explorer

icon26 Mar 2018 18:58
Still very cold too
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon26 Mar 2018 19:27
Got a new battery in one and new hoops to go on the other - got a great deal on PR3s but at least I'll have one bike ready for next weekend.:thumbup:
-
Henpecked
Gtr Manchester,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (05->)

icon28 Mar 2018 20:34
Surrounded by farms here so at the moment on a damp day the first 3 miles in almost any direction are a test of riding a bike on an inch of mud.

You just slow down and get used to it. Would be worse to fly round a bend and find the mud unexpectedly.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Flippin' eck!
-