Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
dave
midlands,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon26 Mar 2018 09:57
yep i seen it
AND f!$%IN HATE IT HAS WELL :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon26 Mar 2018 11:37
I always suspected Action Man anyway. The sailor one with the black beard. Always looked like a funnel stoker to me.
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon26 Mar 2018 11:38
I never ever watch commercial television so I dinnae get brain washed by adverts. The only channel I watch is BBC4 and if nothing is on I turn it off and pick up a book or listen to music. Serves you all right for watching that s!$%e :sick:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon26 Mar 2018 11:40
Tasha:
I never ever watch commercial television so I dinnae get brain washed by adverts. The only channel I watch is BBC4 and if nothing is on I turn it off and pick up a book or listen to music. Serves you all right for watching that s!$%e :sick:

You sound like the kind of person who goes on Only Connect ...:tongueout:
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon26 Mar 2018 11:43
:lol::lol:Thank you :lol:
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon26 Mar 2018 14:04
Tash the gash:
..... BBC4 and if nothing is on I turn it off ....

You may have noticed since 21Mar18 that the f!$%ing Channel has turned itself off after moving from Class A Transmitters it needs a Group T aerial FFS !
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon26 Mar 2018 16:29
It's the one with the 118 118 moustache that gets me :speechless:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon26 Mar 2018 18:42
ST:
Tash the gash:
..... BBC4 and if nothing is on I turn it off ....

You may have noticed since 21Mar18 that the f!$%ing Channel has turned itself off after moving from Class A Transmitters it needs a Group T aerial FFS !

Say that in English.
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon27 Mar 2018 09:46
BBC 4 works fine here....no change to aerial.....
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Mar 2018 11:43
5iVe - any better ?

The changes affect two services broadcast on Arqiva's HD multiplexes. As part of a move by Ofcom to clear the 700MHz frequency band for future 5G mobile services, Arqiva's HD multiplexes will be moved to a temporary single frequency network on UHF channels 55 and 56 on a region-by-region basis, starting from February 2018. For the first time, neighbouring Freeview transmitters will carry the same services on the same frequencies. Under normal circumstances this would cause co-channel interference, particularly in overlap areas where signals from multiple transmitters would destroy reception. As a result, a parameter called the guard interval is being changed (from 1/128 to 1/16) on the affected multiplexes to ensure this doesn't happen. This is now due to take place around 25th January, subject to final confirmation. However, the trade-off is that the available bandwidth is reduced - expected to be by around 3Mbps per multiplex. A reduction of bandwidth means there's less room for as many channels to broadcast on a multiplex, so something has to move. Arqiva's COM7 multiplex, which carries the affected BBC HD services will be full after the switch based on the services it carries now. However, with space still available elsewhere, it provides an opportunity to conduct some load balancing, moving channels like BBC Four HD to where there's still some room ....

-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon27 Mar 2018 11:51
Try brevity.

:tongueout:
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon27 Mar 2018 12:21
No such Mux ... 07
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon27 Mar 2018 14:45
Not lost any channels but have had to quite a bit of re-tuning. Recently as many as 3 a day. Settled down at the moment. Television is quite clever as it tells me I need to re-tune when I switch it on when it needs to re-tune.....and even sometimes when we are just watching.
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint GT

icon03 Apr 2018 15:36
He, He, .. I worked at Hasbro Toys (the company that bought AM from Palitoy) where they had the design and prototype dept.

You should have seen "IT Nerd Action Man" and "Cross Dresser Action Man" complete with lace underwear liberated from a Cindy Doll the design dept made for a laugh..
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon03 Apr 2018 21:32
BINKIE -AKA Woodie:
He, He, .. I worked at Hasbro Toys (the company that bought AM from Palitoy) where they had the design and prototype dept.

You should have seen "IT Nerd Action Man" and "Cross Dresser Action Man" complete with lace underwear liberated from a Cindy Doll the design dept made for a laugh..

Ironically, those would probably sell quite well these days.:lol:
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon03 Apr 2018 21:37
When I was a nipper, the Old Man did a stint a a prototype engineer at Lone Star.

I didn't struggle for kids to play Cowboys and Indians with!:lol:

Still got a box of the down at my Mum's.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Moneysupermarket
-