Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 24 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Anybody a military anorak could answer me this? AH64s over Brum
Info
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon21 Mar 2018 11:51
Every now and then over west and south west Birmingham we get a pair of low flying Apache helicopter gunships. Always in a pair, and always seem to be flying north to south. Last year I saw them flying over Brum city centre.

But last night, in the dark at bout 8-9ish, they were flying over the slip road to J3 of the M5, with very few lights on, then circling round and coming back, one following the other. They did three or four passes along the lenghth of the whole slip road (like an attack run but without any shooty stuff) then disappeared, then ten minutes later they were flying west over the M5 itself. Probably just training stuff, I know. (I did wonder if the pilots point their guns at cars and make schoolboy machine guns noises).

I have never seen them doing stuff like that over heavily populated areas before. Wondered what it was about, because even in the dark it wasn't exactly low key.
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
onlineNick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon21 Mar 2018 12:04
It's a pity that they don't do live firing tests in Handsworth! :speechless::lol:
-
Freck
Preston, Lancs,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon21 Mar 2018 12:30
I could tell you in great detail all about what they were doing, but then you’d have to disappear :evil::lol:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon21 Mar 2018 17:07
Freck:
I could tell you in great detail all about what they were doing, but then you’d have to disappear :evil::lol:

Hopefully somewhere warm? :tongueout:
-
The Dutch Porridgewog
Gelderland,
Netherlands

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon21 Mar 2018 19:17
Get the Dutch version over here regularly, even got followed by an Apache once when I was out on the bike!
They do a lot of sighting runs on a bridge near here too.
-
Krautophile
Dresden & Hunts,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple

icon22 Mar 2018 15:11
....not a bridge too far surely? :evil::evil:
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon22 Mar 2018 15:22
:lol:

Was driving the car in Cornwall, a few years back. Those deep lanes with high hedges. Came round a 90' bend and one of those things was hovering a few feet off the ground. Proper sphincter tightening moment :lol:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon22 Mar 2018 16:13
Rob NMTB:

Was driving the car in Cornwall, a few years back. Those deep lanes with high hedges. Came round a 90' bend and one of those things was hovering a few feet off the ground. Proper sphincter tightening moment :lol:

And I bet the pilot was going "pee-yowm, pee-yowm, pee-yowm......"
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon27 Mar 2018 08:21
we often get Hercules on stupidly low level runs. Tornados used to use the churnet valley for low level stuff too. they used to use either Tutbury Castle or the Nestle Factory as a target marker.

they dont seem to do it any more
-
Andy
Newbury,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint RS (00-01)

icon27 Mar 2018 13:05
595daytona:
Rob NMTB:

And I bet the pilot was going "pee-yowm, pee-yowm, pee-yowm......"

and probably breaking Aviation law at the same time
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon27 Mar 2018 16:49
The Dutch Porridgewog:
Get the Dutch version over here regularly, even got followed by an Apache once when I was out on the bike!
They do a lot of sighting runs on a bridge near here too.

Same happened to me on Salisbury Plain

They use the trail bikes as enemy targets. Gain missile lock, pretend a kill, then go f!$% off elsewhere waiting to ambush and scare the s!$%e out another poor f!$%er :lol:

Got followed right across the Plain on my GSA
-
Manga
Staffs,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (99-01)

icon27 Mar 2018 17:18
A few good years back after 9/11 and the ban on liquids on planes, I live near the M6 Toll. A coach passenger called the police as someone was vaping on the bus and vaping was new then. They thought it was a terrorist so stopped the coach, blocked the toll road and to cap it off an Apache was sent to hover in front of the bus with weapons trained on it!
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon27 Mar 2018 21:26
Nice n Fat:

They use the trail bikes as enemy targets. Gain missile lock, pretend a kill, then go f!$% off elsewhere waiting to ambush and scare the s!$%e out another poor f!$%er :lol:

I think our military should be better trained, they should be able to use the scrotes who rag around on unregistered trial bikes which apparently the police can't do anything about, obviously live ammo and no "pretend" kills.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Anybody a military anorak could answer me this? AH64s over Brum
-