Triumph Torque Logo

Sunday, 21 October 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Just how 'Dumbed Down' has our Society got ....
Info
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon20 Mar 2018 11:53
... when the local Council feels it has to remind you to remove snow from your windscreen & roof - and even quote the f!$%ing Highway Code's relevant 'rule' ...

FFS ....
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon20 Mar 2018 12:12
Is it an offence not to clear the snow from your vehicle's roof?
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon20 Mar 2018 12:46
If it isn't it bloody well should be.
-
Andy
Newbury,
United Kingdom

Sprint RS (00-01)

icon20 Mar 2018 12:51
There is no law stating it is illegal to drive with snow on your roof, if it falls off onto your windscreen while driving or flies into the path of another car then you could be penalised for such offences as 'driving without due consideration' or 'using a motor vehicle in a dangerous condition' - again, not worth the risk
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon20 Mar 2018 13:20
It's like the morons who phone the police when their boiler packs up or go to A&E when they've snubbed their toe.

I kid you f!$%ing not, bring back National Service and corporal punishment.

Yeah yeah yeah, but it worked and would work again if it wasn't for the PC brigade, I mean your kids can call the cops on you if you smack them :speechless:
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon20 Mar 2018 13:44
Somebody should tell all the HGV drivers who are on the road with half a ton of frozen snow on the artic. When that lets go I would hate to be the copper/ambulance attendees to clear up the mess.....
-
ST
South,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon20 Mar 2018 16:22
The point of this posting was to highlight how it seems that 'Authority' - in this case my local Borough Council - seems to think that we need detailed instructions on how to live our daily lives .....

It seems to me that things like clearing snow from one's windscreen is commonsense - and also that snow coming off a car/truck roof amy be a hazard .... the fact that it can attract 3 points on one's Licence is further proof that there are some very stupid people out there.

Personally I'd prefer that my Council put their effort into improving their own f!$%ing Services & stop all the resending of info about Old Age concern / Teenagers / Road conditions / Weather trends / Weight loss / Healthy life options et al ...
-
Freck
Preston, Lancs,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon20 Mar 2018 17:52
ST:

It seems to me that things like clearing snow from one's windscreen is commonsense.

Ah, see there’s your problem. Thinking that sense is common! :lol:
-
Andy
Newbury,
United Kingdom

Sprint RS (00-01)

icon20 Mar 2018 18:53
/media/file/133743.aspx
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon20 Mar 2018 20:46
I made the error of watching the BBC 10pm news last night - was under the impression that some not unimportant international events might be covered. Instead they covered newly weds who were snow bound on their wedding night and we're taking the locals views and that of the temporary marital bed.30 FFS, know wonder we're on course for some eventual catastrophe. What qualifies as news today I wouldn't present to my arse even in a emergency. What's even more depressing though is the number of dumbf!$% uber wazzcocks that simply lap it up.29 c!$%s, all of them.:frown:
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon20 Mar 2018 21:18
Andy:
There is no law stating it is illegal to drive with snow on your roof, if it falls off onto your windscreen while driving or flies into the path of another car then you could be penalised for such offences as 'driving without due consideration' or 'using a motor vehicle in a dangerous condition' - again, not worth the risk

Or maybe an insecure load.
-
~Bluelabel~
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon21 Mar 2018 08:57
I'be been banned by SWMBO from watching the news as I end up just shouting at the telly.. perhaps its just a general rant but I fear that I have turned into my Dad with his inate hatred of outright stupidity and for myself I hate the inane desire of people to become a celebrity for celebrity's sake... get a f!$%in' life... work for a living and use the 2lb of tissue lodged in yer head masquerading as a fecking brain
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Just how 'Dumbed Down' has our Society got ....
-