Triumph Torque Logo

Saturday, 26 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Hastings direct. What a bunch of w!$%ers
Info
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon12 Mar 2018 20:25
Most recent email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

On February 21st 2018 I sent you mail concerning one your policyholders who had incorrectly used my address as his own. My mail was titled 'Possible scammer using your insurance with the wrong address'. I also troubled myself to phone your customer helpline to brief them on the situation and to ensure your money collection services did not trouble me further.

I also asked you to acknowledge my mail. Apart from an automatic acknowledgement you failed to do so.

To compound matters you have sent further paper correspondence to my address with Mr Barbou being the recipient. The mail is awaiting the postman's' collection in order to return this mail to yourselves.

I can assure you that I have checked my woodpile and there is no West African hiding there, and there are no strange vehicles on my property that require additional insurance. I understand that you are supposed to get a verified address details prior to issuing insurance. It appears that you have failed in this respect.

Be assured that one more letter from yourselves will result in a complaint being lodged with The Financial Ombudsman, and if a collection agency were to appear at my door you will find yourself in Court to answer for your lackadaisical approach to this matter.

Once again i would ask for your acknowledgement (with a personal email), and for you to contact your Finance Department in order for them to desist in sending me demands for money.

Yours sincerely,

Baldbloke. :lol:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona T595

icon12 Mar 2018 22:48
:lol::lol: superb!
-
Skybone
Highlands,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 955i (99-01)

icon13 Mar 2018 09:46
I had something similar to this a few years back with a car hire firm and subsequent fines/charges accrued by said licence holder.

Took ages to sort out.

Write lots of physical letters, send them recorded delivery, and obviously keep copies. Emails are good (keep hard copies), but nothing puts the wind up them like a good old fashioned letter threatening legal action, sent recorded delivery.
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Mar 2018 15:44
Skybone:
I had something similar to this a few years back with a car hire firm and subsequent fines/charges accrued by said licence holder.

Took ages to sort out.

Write lots of physical letters, send them recorded delivery, and obviously keep copies. Emails are good (keep hard copies), but nothing puts the wind up them like a good old fashioned letter threatening legal action, sent recorded delivery.

Funnily enough I had a problem with a Car hire company too. Luckily I'd done it through a freebie with British Airways and they eventually sorted it out. A well known hire company were trying to take an additional $800 in unrequired insurance. :thumbdown:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Hastings direct. What a bunch of w!$%ers
-