Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 24 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Went to buy some rat poison today.....
Info
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon10 Mar 2018 12:56
Found out that the EEC has now (from March 1st 2018) decreed tiny packet sizes containing half the active ingredients for all "untrained" /non professional users.

So the pack sizes are double the money + your'e going to need twice the amount to actively kill the f!$%ers. Four times the cost.

If you want to be able to buy what you could two weeks ago you need to take a training day and an exam. About £150

The sooner we are away from these unelected European twats the better:angry:
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon10 Mar 2018 13:57
If you only give the little buggers small doses they will probably become immune to it.

Another great decision, almost as bad as underpowered vacuums that you have to have on for twice as long to get the job done.

I understand that to get a job in the EU that you have to be a certified f!$%wit.
-
Julestools
In my shed somewhere,
United Kingdom

Bonneville T100 (02-08)

icon10 Mar 2018 15:35
Do you really think all this s!$% is down to the EU?

Even when we’re out of the EU the knobheads in govt will still follow Europe..... we’ll still have euro 6, all weedkillers that work will still be banned and we’ll be overrun by rats..... And them furriners will still be swimming the channel to get here

We’re f!$%ed anyway so we may as well have stayed in Europe
-
mikeg15
N.Ireland,
United Kingdom

Tiger (01-06)

icon10 Mar 2018 15:51
Or Redneck rat poison - 50-50 chocolate powder and plaster of paris. The rats eat it and go stiff. Cheap too. :lol:
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon10 Mar 2018 17:10
Air gun...(while you can of course.....it won't be long).
-
onlineMustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon10 Mar 2018 18:20
Have you tried trapping them & then dispatching them yourself?
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon10 Mar 2018 18:26
Get a big nasty cat. Or a Terrier.

My uncle never used poisons on his smallholding farm. He had a psycopathic Jack Russell instead. Did the job perfectly.
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon10 Mar 2018 22:33
We had an old cat that used to bring them in to play with them.....interesting the time she lost one! The mother-in-laws terrier sorted it!
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon10 Mar 2018 22:51
Exuptoy:
We had an old cat that used to bring them in to play with them.....interesting the time she lost one! The mother-in-laws terrier sorted it!

You see, that's the difference between a cat and a dog. Cats are sadists who enjoy torture and inflicting suffering. Dogs are cold, calculating functional killers. Bang, in there, job done. The animal equivalent of 'one shot one kill'.
-
onlineNick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon11 Mar 2018 10:03
jaguartvr:

Another great decision, almost as bad as underpowered vacuums that you have to have on for twice as long to get the job done.

Yep. only the EU could be arrogant and daft enough to think that they can rewrite the laws of physics!:lol:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon12 Mar 2018 12:28
Mustapha Dump:
Have you tried trapping them & then dispatching them yourself?

Yup, but they tend to avoid traps for well over a month. Clever f!$%ers.

Think it's going to have to be the hosepipe and a shotgun:lol:

595daytona:
Get a big nasty cat. Or a Terrier.

My uncle never used poisons on his smallholding farm. He had a psycopathic Jack Russell instead. Did the job perfectly.

My dogs are retrievers, so although desperate for a go will wind up getting bitten :thumbdown:
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon12 Mar 2018 12:59
Anyone with an airgun will probably come and do a few sweeps for you. You might even get them to pay for the privilege....
-
Julestools
In my shed somewhere,
United Kingdom

Bonneville T100 (02-08)

icon13 Mar 2018 23:48
I have a couple of fantastic ratcatchers now.

Last year the farmhouse was infested with mice. I was getting up to thirty mice a week in the traps. So much so that the “random scouse bird” f!$%ed off back to scouseland to live with a flat cap and a whippet. I decided I had to do something about it as the supplies of piggy food were dwindling fast so I nipped to a local farm and saved a couple of unwanted feral tom kittens from a good drowning

Nine months later and no mice although one of the ratcatchers (tom or Jerry, I know not which as they are identical black tom cats) was sick on the mat last week and it contained two half chewed mouse carcasses (he really needs to stop playing with his food and chew properly!)

I really ought to have their bollocks removed but they’re such good ratcatchers I just can’t bring myself castrate the little buggers
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon15 Mar 2018 09:29
Julestools:
I have a couple of fantastic ratcatchers now.

Last year the farmhouse was infested with mice. I was getting up to thirty mice a week in the traps. So much so that the “random scouse bird” f!$%ed off back to scouseland to live with a flat cap and a whippet. I decided I had to do something about it as the supplies of piggy food were dwindling fast so I nipped to a local farm and saved a couple of unwanted feral tom kittens from a good drowning

Nine months later and no mice although one of the ratcatchers (tom or Jerry, I know not which as they are identical black tom cats) was sick on the mat last week and it contained two half chewed mouse carcasses (he really needs to stop playing with his food and chew properly!)

I really ought to have their bollocks removed but they’re such good ratcatchers I just can’t bring myself castrate the little buggers

One of my retrievers catches up to 6 mice a day. It's her thing. However these are rats which bite back. Rat bites tend to heal poorly.
The mouse killing retriever threw up her catch on the kitchen floor as i was having my lunch yesterday. Looked like she'd consumed 3 or 4 at that stage:sick:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Went to buy some rat poison today.....
-