Triumph Torque Logo

Friday, 19 October 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Scam, ripoff?
Info
Morro Bay, CA,
USA

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon02 Feb 2018 12:05
Ordered some shirts from a woman on fb on 6 Dec of last year, it's now early Feb, no shirts. Contacted PayPal a little while ago, and they've OK'd a refund.

I thought something was amiss from the beginning. After receiving a PayPal invoice, I paid it. Never received confirmation nor did this person ever ask me for my shipping address. I attempted numerous times in the following weeks, inquiring about the whereabouts of my shirts, and received one answer, "it's Xmas season, it's going to take awhile".

It's now early Feb, I've already received word from Paypal that the money would be back in my account, so I wanted to warn anyone that this lady doesn't appear to be on the up and up, or, she doesn't give a s!$% once the shirts leave her house/shop. Her name is Anita Dixon Corns and as far as I'm concerned, she's a piece of s!$%.:frown::frown::frown:

If this is libelous or slanderous, feel free to delete it.
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Krautophile
Hunts & Crawley,
United Kingdom

Street Triple

icon02 Feb 2018 13:09
:thumbup::thumbup: cheers Lou for the heads up.
-
Riggsy
Maidenhead/Cov,
United Kingdom

Street Triple R

icon09 Feb 2018 17:39
Hey Lou
Hows life in Morrow Bay?

Those bloody seals still keeping you awake?

/media/file/113197.aspx
Happy Memories
:thumbup::thumbup:
-
Lou Jones
Morro Bay, CA,
USA

icon12 Feb 2018 17:25
Riggsy:
Hey Lou
Hows life in Morrow Bay?

Those bloody seals still keeping you awake?

/media/file/113197.aspx
Happy Memories
:thumbup::thumbup:

Hiya, Riggsy! Yeah, they're still out there honking and barking all fookin' night long. Life is good so far. Figured out I don't have to work anymore, so I've been taking it really easy the past few months. Beats waking up in the middle of the night to go slave away at the BBQ!!

Soon to change all that though. A lifelong friend of mine was recently diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic cancer, so I'm going to move up to his place in Eugene, Oregon, and help him out for awhile. Hopefully a lonnng while. Poor bastard was 4 months away from retiring from the Dept. of Defense as an audiologist, when he learned of this f!$%ed up disease. Right now it's kinda in remission, but it's still basically a death sentence. Least I could do is help him out. He's been a great friend since the early 60's.
-
Riggsy
Maidenhead/Cov,
United Kingdom

Street Triple R

icon16 Feb 2018 20:44
Hi Lou.
You've retired?
Lucky bastard:thumbup::lol::thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your mate.
Stage-4 is not good:sad:
A truely bastard disease indeed..:angry:

At least he as good friends....5749

I'm trying to plan another US road trip (North to South, this time). Might not happen this year though09. I'm trying to move jobs and move house...0303

I'll keep you upto date, would be great to meet up again, maybe this time plan a bit of road-time on the bikes. I can show you that tyres have SIDES03030549

Take Care, and keep the shiny side up.04

...Riggsy
-
Lou Jones
Morro Bay, CA,
USA

icon18 Feb 2018 16:19
Sounds like a plan, Ian, should be interesting for you to try cornering on an HD bagger!!!

OK, I need to publicly apologize to Anita Corns, who I maligned in the original post here.

It appears the t-shirts were indeed mailed on 13 Dec 2017, but took about 65 days or so to arrive, which they did yesterday, to my total surprise.

So, Ms Corns, I do sincerely apologize for the ill-spoken (typed) words I posted earlier. Not to make an excuse, but it's NEVER taken iver 2 months for anything I've ordered from the UK or even Europe.

Thanks for sending the shirts, too!!
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Scam, ripoff?
-