Saturday, 26 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > It's not just the UK
Info
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon28 Jan 2018 13:30
The UK gets all the flack about being unhappy with the way the EU is heading and the way it conducts itself regarding contentious issues like migration/immigration , but it looks like it's not just us .

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/pm-fico-says-v...
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon28 Jan 2018 14:32
Our news is very insular

I didn't hear untill yesterday that a large proportion of Paris was flooded :lol:
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon28 Jan 2018 15:40
Nice n Fat:
Our news is very insular

I didn't hear untill yesterday that a large proportion of Paris was flooded :lol:

Don't know what news you watch, then. It's all over mine.
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon28 Jan 2018 15:57
BBC .... Birmingham Broadcasting Corporation :tongueout:
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon28 Jan 2018 16:35
Mach 1:
The UK gets all the flack about being unhappy with the way the EU is heading and the way it conducts itself regarding contentious issues like migration/immigration , but it looks like it's not just us .

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/pm-fico-says-v...

We should be giving these states as much military & financial aid as we can. I would rather see the immigration wars fought in the eastern states than on our shores.:thumbup:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon28 Jan 2018 18:04
Yep, we need to keep the f!$%ers in France :lol::thumbup:
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon29 Jan 2018 09:04
russ999rocket:

We should be giving these states as much military & financial aid as we can. I would rather see the immigration wars fought in the eastern states than on our shores.:thumbup:

:thumbup:

It just shows though that the there isn't a truly united EU . The four eastern EU countries in question have similar values and they are protecting there own self-interest . They'll not abide to EU law if it is detrimental to their country .
As far as financial aid goes , I wonder how much money is sent out of the UK to these countries by people from these countries working here (does that make sense 29) ?
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon30 Jan 2018 09:38
Interesting article that, having worked in all four countries mentioned over the past 2 year, from what I could see, and from talking to the people I met, they've all benefitted massively from their membership of the EU and are all ( I believe ) net beneficiaries, i.e. they get out more than they put in.

I think this is more about taking a position re' their financial contributions post Brexit, and a concern they may be asked to contribute more, or receive less.

If they're really at loggerheads with the EU and are dissatisfied with the terms of their membership, they could always have a vote on it.
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon30 Jan 2018 12:37
Strat:
If they're really at loggerheads with the EU and are dissatisfied with the terms of their membership, they could always have a vote on it.

Which is probably what will happen because as we well know. The EU are not for reform :speechless:
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon30 Jan 2018 12:55
Nice n Fat:
Strat:

Which is probably what will happen because as we well know. The EU are not for reform :speechless:

I can't see it, they know which side their bread is buttered, so IMO the likelihood is they'll continue to make a bit of noise, posturing to get the best outcome they can, but they'll stay in ( unless things change dramatically ), after all, a vote to leave for these countries would be an even bigger act of financial self harm than our vote to leave ( as revealed in the Government's own research that's been leaked today ).
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon30 Jan 2018 13:27
You are James O'Brien and I claim my Blue Passport

PS they are going to be poorer regardless because it is an undisputed fact that they will either have to pay more, or receive less

The Gravy Train won't be stopping at their station anymore :smile:
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon30 Jan 2018 15:37
N&F :thumbup:. "There are non so blind as those that will not see.:smirk:
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon30 Jan 2018 16:21
I'm looking forward to his next hissy fit when he realises we don't all agree with him. :smirk:

"I don't give a s!$% if I'm banned or not, you lot are a bunch of racist, sexist, misogynistic arseholes, you're a f!$%ing disgrace."

https://www.triumphtorque.com/messageboa...
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon30 Jan 2018 16:36
I consider it a badge of honour to be referred to as a "f!$%ing Disgrace" by a deranged, Alt-Left Quisling.:lol:
-
GDCobra
North West,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon30 Jan 2018 18:30
What exactly are the symptoms of a "misogynistic arsehole", can't tell if I've got one or not, can't see it from here.
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon30 Jan 2018 20:37
The piousness is nauseating.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon30 Jan 2018 22:34
Strat:
Nice n Fat:
Strat:

I can't see it, they know which side their bread is buttered, so IMO the likelihood is they'll continue to make a bit of noise, posturing to get the best outcome they can, but they'll stay in ( unless things change dramatically ), after all, a vote to leave for these countries would be an even bigger act of financial self harm than our vote to leave ( as revealed in the Government's own research that's been leaked today ).

I wonder how often so called expert economists have been wrong before . I think you'll find it happens quite frequently tbh.
They have no idea what final deal with the EU we will have ,nor what deals we may have with the rest of the world .
IMO , at least we will have control over our own destiny , wether that will be a financial gain or loss remains to be seen
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon31 Jan 2018 11:43
Nick:
I consider it a badge of honour to be referred to as a "f!$%ing Disgrace" by a deranged, Alt-Left Quisling.:lol:

Likewise Nick, and I take pleasure in not being a racist, sexist, ignorant, uneducated c!$% with a narrow world-view, who happily thinks that a poorer future for our children and future generations is a worthwhile price to pay for a blue passport and ...........actually I can't think of any other 'benefits', feel free to tell me some (have a look on the BNP website if you're stuck).

Sorry, I should have added gullible to my list of insults, as you've swallowed hook line and sinker the lies of Johnson, Gove, Farage etc and are probably w!$%ing over a poster of Jacob Rees-Mogg as you read this.
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon31 Jan 2018 12:05
Quote:
Likewise Nick, and I take pleasure in not being a racist, sexist, ignorant, uneducated c!$% with a narrow world-view, who happily thinks that a poorer future for our children and future generations is a worthwhile price to pay for a blue passport and ...........actually I can't think of any other 'benefits', feel free to tell me some (have a look on the BNP website if you're stuck).

I have to wonder who is the gullible one I must admit. Anyone with an ounce of sense would give as much credence to "expert economists" who are, as pointed out frequently, using unknown situations and figures plucked out of the air (because that is what economists do) to FORECAST (that's how they do for horoscopes BTW) what MAY or COULD happen since there are no specifics as yet to work on. You can always tell someone who is working on expert economists predictions; they can only back up their case by being insulting and annoyingly perverse when using children as part of their argument.

Its a bit like saying we shouldn't have fought for freedom in WW2 because some innocents might be killed whilst ignoring the fact that innocents were already being killed in their thousands and not in a nice way either (see mentally handicapped being herded into a truck and then being gassed by exhaust fumes until they were dead; just for one instance. Amongst other good reasons for not starting a war; despite the war being to all and intents and purposes started. Once again we must look at a PM waving a piece of paper in the air and stating "peace in our time".

In my view you need to look far more of where the EU is going beyond any fiscal way. If you want to be a European that is fine. I would guess that most don't even realise the issues of "greater unification" across all the political and fiscal areas of life under the control of the EU (which at best is controlled by the powerful nations at any given time). Its terrifying in its reality and we were sleepwalking into it....... Micro globalization within the EU is really the only way it can be looked at. Of course it is easy to be selfish and vote for what is best for you as an individual even when that may lead to something that is akin to 1984 (we already have the sound basis for it in the proliferation of the nanny state and the PC brigade.

Finally, and I know controversial, it IS what we fought against in 1939-45 (not so much 1914-18 when you look into it) yet there are those who say its OK now because we all love each other....bollocks I say when you look at the underbelly of the EU and the way it is structured. Just a final question to Start; have you ever read and absorbed any of the treaties and considered any of the amendments and additions added to them over time?
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon31 Jan 2018 14:06
Strat:
Nick:

Sorry, I should have added gullible to my list of insults, as you've swallowed hook line and sinker the lies of Johnson, Gove, Farage etc and are probably w!$%ing over a poster of Jacob Rees-Mogg as you read this.

Fish :thumbup:
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon31 Jan 2018 16:12
We can make our own laws that cannot be overridden by the EU (check before you put your foot in it).:thumbup:

We don't have to pay for stuff of no value to us (things like JC Junker and the EU commission and the CAP and the CFP (TY N&F) and other countries debts and supporting a banking system that supports the Euro and never being forced into the euro by fiscal union and ......etc.)
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon31 Jan 2018 16:12
We can make our own laws that cannot be overridden by the EU (check before you put your foot in it).:thumbup:

We don't have to pay for stuff of no value to us (things like JC Junker and the EU commission and the CAP and the CFP (TY N&F) and other countries debts and supporting a banking system that supports the Euro and never being forced into the euro by fiscal union and ......etc.)
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon31 Jan 2018 16:26
Strat:
.....and are probably w!$%ing over a poster of Jacob Rees-Mogg as you read this.
Your really improving your case.
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Rocket III Classic (07-09)

icon31 Jan 2018 16:32
Nice n Fat:
Strat:
Nick:

Fish :thumbup:

Being allowed to make kettles that BOIL water:thumbup:
Not subsidising inefficient French agriculture:thumbup:
Setting our own tax levels (tax harmonisation across EU coming soon):thumbup:
Democracy:thumbup:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon31 Jan 2018 17:16
Spending our money on what we want, rather than giving it to the EU, who then give us a rebate, but tell us what top spend said rebate on /media/file/78248.aspx
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon31 Jan 2018 17:17
Being allowed to deport known criminals , and stop such criminals coming into the country in the first place .
Be able to negotiate trade deals with other countries outside of the EU.
To be able to spend the 350m a week we currently send to the EU exactly how we choose .
To only allow fishing in UK waters for UK trawlers
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon31 Jan 2018 17:23
Hans-Olaf Henkel

Now here's an MEP who tells it like it is /media/file/81560.aspx

-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon31 Jan 2018 17:43
I quite simply could not have explained why Brexit came to happen any better .
A voice of reason and sensibility :thumbup:

This interview makes a lot of sense aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXbrv6k0...
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon31 Jan 2018 23:45
Just a shame Germany appears to have only one MEP who has the balls to speak up. The EU still doesn't get it, nor will they ever, that the more they huff, puff and threaten us the greater the British resolve will become. They are simply bewildered that we don't like the way they run this club.
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon03 Feb 2018 09:43
Strat:
.....and are probably w!$%ing over a poster of Jacob Rees-Mogg as you read this.

Preferable to lefty scumbags intimidating and trying to stifle the free speech of an elected MP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics...
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > It's not just the UK
-