Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 24 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > You were right PTB, ebay are cnuts!
Info
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon18 Jan 2018 23:56
Just sold a pair of Daytona 675 discs in mint condition for £90. They charged me 10% of the final value fee which is bad enough when they also charge 4% on the paypal transaction but they now have the gaul to charge 10% final value fee on the f!$%ing postage!!!!

What rubs even more salt into the wounds is I took an offer £10 lower than I'd have liked just to shift them and paid £8.19 including full value insurance and a signature at the other end to make sure the item actually reached the buyer not the £6.50 I'd charged them. Total value for a final price of £96.50 I received after postage is £75.17!!!!

Robbing cnuts!
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
onlineNick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon19 Jan 2018 07:13
If they carry on going the way they are, they will kill their own business, purely through greed.

I hope.
-
lord stuart
derbyshire,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon19 Jan 2018 07:28
Na, we used to have trading standards for this kind of thing but since football decided to ruin the world's economy and pay the people off that control trading standards, any big corporate company can do and charge what they want and people pay it. The end
-
onlineNick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon19 Jan 2018 07:44
What f!$%ing drugs are you on????
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon19 Jan 2018 08:46
Exuptoy:
Just sold a pair of Daytona 675 discs in mint condition for £90. They charged me 10% of the final value fee which is bad enough when they also charge 4% on the paypal transaction but they now have the gaul to charge 10% final value fee on the f!$%ing postage!!!!

What rubs even more salt into the wounds is I took an offer £10 lower than I'd have liked just to shift them and paid £8.19 including full value insurance and a signature at the other end to make sure the item actually reached the buyer not the £6.50 I'd charged them. Total value for a final price of £96.50 I received after postage is £75.17!!!!

Robbing cnuts!

I've been criticised in the past by customers for postal charges then marked down by e-bay for those very same charges

Not many customers appreciate that e-bay charge a 10% fee on postage and to be fair, they shouldn't be. They (e-bay) are not providing the postal service so they should butt out

It's getting to be a right old faff :frown:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon19 Jan 2018 09:09
If it weren't for eBay you would still have them in the back of the garage, unless you wanted to take a stall at an auto jumble.
You need to work out the fees before you list an item.

I sold a seat and other panels over Xmas, eBay gave the buyer a £60 discount on some promotion they were running but I still got the full amount (except for the fees which were far less than £60).:thumbup::thumbup:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon19 Jan 2018 09:37
jaguartvr:
If it weren't for eBay you would still have them in the back of the garage, unless you wanted to take a stall at an auto jumble.

And I can help with that :tongueout:

Been doing a few autojumbles just lately and they're a great crack :lol::thumbup:
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon19 Jan 2018 09:51
Nick:
Nick, tact really isn't your thing is it.:lol::lol::lol:
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon19 Jan 2018 09:51
iirc e-bay started taking a cut of postage costs because folk were lowering the price of the item and adding that amount to the postage 44
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon19 Jan 2018 10:08
Rob NMTB:
iirc e-bay started taking a cut of postage costs because folk were lowering the price of the item and adding that amount to the postage 44

This is true as in selling an item for £1 with £100 P&P so e-bay only got a £0.10 pence cut on the deal
-
onlineNick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon19 Jan 2018 15:09
Exuptoy:
Nick:

I'll have you know that I have a degree in Conflict Resolution!:frown:
-
Strongy
Cumbria,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon19 Jan 2018 17:19
Nick:
Exuptoy:
Nick:

I'll have you know that I have a degree in Conflict Resolution!:frown:

:lol::lol::lol: thought I misread that for a minute :smirk:
-
Mustapha Dump
South East,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon19 Jan 2018 18:13
Thing is, they have national coverage & the biggest footfall. And they know it, hence the greed :frown:
-
PaulM
Northampton,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon20 Jan 2018 07:49
What really pisses me of with ebay is the vat we pay goes to Luxembourg why the hell should my money go to them.:frown::frown:
-
lord stuart
derbyshire,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon20 Jan 2018 09:29
Just takes 1 greedy person to start a trait, then everyone else follows, if you was eBay you would be greedy to,.
-
Krautophile
Dresden & Hunts,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple

icon20 Jan 2018 09:55
PaulM:
What really pisses me of with ebay is the vat we pay goes to Luxembourg why the hell should my money go to them.:frown::frown:

How do you know that happens?
-
Paul Pomodoro
Sth London / Surrey,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (09->)

icon20 Jan 2018 18:28
Nice n Fat:
Been doing a few autojumbles just lately and they're a great crack :lol::thumbup:

I'm really enjoying being a punter at autojumbles at the moment. However, several of the stallholders that I spoke to at Kempton Park today complained of being f-ing freezing.

One day I might take a stall at one myself and attempt to sell back all the stuff that I've bought and never used. :lol:
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon20 Jan 2018 19:04
I didn't know that Kempton was on today 30
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon20 Jan 2018 19:36
Kempton.....Too cold an too expensive:thumbdown:

I used to love going to autojumbles mainly for tools and consumables, I find nowadays eBay is much cheaper for the same items even allowing for postage.
I think a lot of the stall holders buy their stock from eBay.
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon20 Jan 2018 19:49
jaguartvr:
Kempton.....Too cold an too expensive:thumbdown:

Yea but there's a bloke I know in Egham who serves good quality coffee for free :tongueout::thumbup:
-
lord stuart
derbyshire,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon21 Jan 2018 14:16
I was just wondering yesterday if I had anough stuff to do a stall at Stafford show, anybody know anything about it?
-
onlineNick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon21 Jan 2018 14:35
Plot prices are ridiculous.
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon21 Jan 2018 15:07
As is the CN Classic Bike Show at Shepton Mallet

They wanted £126 for a space I would struggle to park my van in /media/file/68297.aspx
-
mikeg15
N.Ireland,
United Kingdom

Tiger (01-06)

icon21 Jan 2018 20:31
Nice n Fat:

Delighted to see someone spelling the word correctly. IT ISN'T SPELLED 'CRAIC' :frown:
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon21 Jan 2018 20:35
mikeg15:
Nice n Fat:

Delighted to see someone spelling the word correctly. IT ISN'T SPELLED 'CRAIC' :frown:

So whats the diff?
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon21 Jan 2018 22:33
Craic is how the Irish spell crack. Neither spelling indicates any cocaine content, but the Irish version does emphasise that we are not talking about a fissure in the plaster on the wall.
-
Exuptoy
Maesteg, Mid Glam,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 675

icon21 Jan 2018 22:58
I knew that but since the previous reply was from an inhabitant of the fair isle, I thought he may have info we weren't privilege to.
-
PaulM
Northampton,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon23 Jan 2018 07:54
Krautophile:
PaulM:

How do you know that happens?

Look at your invoice it says VAT Luxembourg. I complained to my MP about it she did an investigation as she was not happy about it. Turns out EBAY UK is registered in Luxembourg. Good old EU rules so ALL VAT paid by UK sellers on the fees EBAY UK charges goes to Luxembourg. Turns out lots of on-line companies do this, freedom of the EU for companies to have headquarters in low tax EU countries. My MP does not like it that's one of the reasons She and I are anti EU.
I don't like paying tax but when I do I want it left here not sent abroad.:sad::sad::sad:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > You were right PTB, ebay are cnuts!
-