Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 24 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > TROPHY 1200 (1990)
Info
South West,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon31 Dec 2017 16:57
Never having had a trophy before I couldn't resist this early basket case. It's a rolling chassis, engine bottom end and bizarrely three cylinder heads. The best of the heads is a later model head with three small bolt holes on the leading (exhaust)edge. The earlier bottom end doesn't have the corresponding threaded sockets for the bolts to go into. Any reason I can't use the later head on the earlier crankcase?
Secondly, my box of bits came with only 8 cylinder head bolts. I need 10. I have a box of Daytona 900 bits including some spare Daytona cylinder head bolts. These look perfect but are slightly shorter than the original trophy bolts. Any issues with using these?
Thansk

Dave
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon01 Jan 2018 09:33
Dave, try the model specific forums or problem solving page - you won't get much sense out of the Arms today or any other for that matter!:tongueout:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 Jan 2018 11:29
I bought a 1200 Trophy about 5 years ago, £500 running with MOT.
I bought it to turn into a 1200 Thunderbird.
I put the tank, seat, fairing, lights, exhaust etc up on eBay and didn't manage to sell any of it.
They are not sought after or worth much so don't spend too much on it.
Head gasket for the 1200 is £130, won't take long to exceed its vale.
-
Davw
South West,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 Jan 2018 14:08
jaguartvr:
I bought a 1200 Trophy about 5 years ago, £500 running with MOT.
I bought it to turn into a 1200 Thunderbird.
I put the tank, seat, fairing, lights, exhaust etc up on eBay and didn't manage to sell any of it.
They are not sought after or worth much so don't spend too much on it.
Head gasket for the 1200 is £130, won't take long to exceed its vale.

Agreed. I actually bought it for its very good wheels and tyres that will go straight on my 900 Daytona but then I noticed frame number and Reg. Must be one of the first out of Hinckley. I reckon a bit of effort and I can get it back on the road but good point - not worth much

Obee Wan:
Dave, try the model specific forums or problem solving page - you won't get much sense out of the Arms today or any other for that matter!:tongueout:

Yep - tried the Trophy specific page but not a cheep in response so thought I'd put it up here and hope for some inspiration
-
Speed4Boy
North Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Four

icon02 Jan 2018 22:05
There is an excellent Thophy conversion in Classic Bike Mechanics
-
Davw
South West,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon03 Jan 2018 21:39
when i bought the basket case this is what i had in mind - will have a look at CBM tho

/media/file/133480.aspx
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon03 Jan 2018 23:24
I quite like that, especially the wire wheels and that big motor.:thumbup:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon04 Jan 2018 08:56
/media/file/78397.aspx

Mine (unfinished)
-
Davw
South West,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon04 Jan 2018 14:47
Obee Wan:

wire wheels off the Tiger will fit but they seem to be like rocking horse s!$%. but i agree - no point in doing this without the wire wheels
-
StumpyDave
Lincolnshire,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Sport

icon04 Jan 2018 15:55
Davw:
Obee Wan:

wire wheels off the Tiger will fit but they seem to be like rocking horse s!$%. but i agree - no point in doing this without the wire wheels

Oh, I don't know:
/media/file/129754.aspx
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon04 Jan 2018 19:40
StumpyDave:
Davw:
Obee Wan:

Oh, I don't know:
/media/file/129754.aspx

No arguments there SD, really suits that style, I'd like one of each!:tongueout:
-
BINKIE -AKA Woodie
Upper Bucklebury,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Sprint GT

icon05 Jan 2018 10:14
Davw:
Obee Wan:

Funny innit... when I first had bikes, AP50, GT380's et'c we all dreamt of getting rid of the crappy wire wheels and finding alloys to make em all spanky and whizzy...

I put it in the same pot of bad taste that contains Rat Bikes and Patina (I.E. rust they are too lazy to put right)

:pirate:

-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon06 Jan 2018 11:15
BINKIE -AKA Woodie:
Davw:
Obee Wan:

Funny innit... when I first had bikes, AP50, GT380's et'c we all dreamt of getting rid of the crappy wire wheels and finding alloys to make em all spanky and whizzy...

I put it in the same pot of bad taste that contains Rat Bikes and Patina (I.E. rust they are too lazy to put right)

Yup funny how easy it is to reminisce:tongueout:

I still remember a mate turning up on his gp125 with alloys and front disc, while my earlier gp100 had wires and hubs.3103
-
Davw
South West,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon07 Jan 2018 10:39
Quote:

yep - thats progress for you - back to the future. when i first had bikes it was spokes or no wheels. on some bikes spokes look gresat but i dont think i will be trying em on my zxr750 any time soon :grin:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > TROPHY 1200 (1990)
-