Triumph Torque Logo

Thursday, 24 May 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > A new Brexit conversation...
Info
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon22 Dec 2017 10:23
that makes me want to punch all the EU tossers;

/media/file/133462.aspx
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon22 Dec 2017 10:43
GPWM:thumbup:

Maybe Germany should pay our exit bill?
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon22 Dec 2017 11:17
Maybe Volkswagen could? After all, the British army did save the company.
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon22 Dec 2017 12:30
WALOB
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon22 Dec 2017 14:03
Perhaps we should be charging the Normans for the damage they caused, when they invaded, or maybe the Romans for the same - the interest should have accumulated more since then :lol:
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon22 Dec 2017 14:36
Bloody Romans.................what have they ever done for us?
-
Krautophile
Dresden & Hunts,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple

icon22 Dec 2017 15:18
Maybe the Celts before them too :evil::evil:
-
Tasha
Dundee,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon22 Dec 2017 15:46
Nowt changes. Why did the great Brit public vote to leave, someone please remind me? Was it too much immigration, take control of our laws, our destiny.

Nothing will change, we will still be bottom feeders whilst the rich get richer. Taxes go up wages go down and we all fight each other for a few crumbs from the table. :thumbdown:
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon22 Dec 2017 16:00
Well posted Russ. People who have never had to face conflict and live in the peaceful continent of Europe only do so because of the soldiers who faced it and gave their lives for them. The Germans have still got a lot to do to make up for the nine years of horrific conflict they created. It is easy to claim that persons opinion in the letter as WALOB, but why should the country that caused two world wars have had the benefit of not paying us the amount it cost us to defeat them and then be paid by us yet again. What the Krauts could not do by warfare they are doing through the Bundesbank. and as the last war is still within living memory it negates the rubbish about the Romans or the Normans.
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon22 Dec 2017 16:28
What a crock of s!$%.

The war wasnt just England versus Germany, there is a big clue in the name "World War".

most countries paid a massive price, and what the f!$% does it have to do with what is happening today?
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon22 Dec 2017 17:19
As I said in my post "two world wars", Britain(not England) had to borrow the 120 billion dollars to put right what the GERMANS started and dragged the rest of the world into in 39-45. "Crock of s!$%" laughable comment and factually incorrect.Germany benefited from losing the last war as the victors rebuilt their economy and their bloody cities and the Germans paid little towards this,yet demand we pay to leave their `federal state` That is the relevance
-
Gladtobebackontwowheels
Dover, Kent,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona T595

icon22 Dec 2017 17:24
Flappytabs:
What a crock of s!$%.

The war wasnt just England versus Germany, there is a big clue in the name "World War".

most countries paid a massive price, and what the f!$% does it have to do with what is happening today?

.....err maybe the fact that what's happening today, (that being a democratic vote), wouldn't have happened at all had they not.
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon22 Dec 2017 18:32
Gladtobebackontwowheels:
Flappytabs:
What a crock of s!$%.

.....err maybe the fact that what's happening today, (that being a democratic vote), wouldn't have happened at all had they not.

it has nothing to do with The UKs decision to join the common market, or for that matter to leave the EU.

greasy:
As I said in my post "two world wars", Britain(not England) had to borrow the 120 billion dollars to put right what the GERMANS started and dragged the rest of the world into in 39-45. "Crock of s!$%" laughable comment and factually incorrect.Germany benefited from losing the last war as the victors rebuilt their economy and their bloody cities and the Germans paid little towards this,yet demand we pay to leave their `federal state` That is the relevance

So how little did the Germans pay toward rebuilding their federal state which we are apparently a part of?

the war was a generation ago, the world moved on

well most of it did
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon22 Dec 2017 19:14
"it has nothing to do with The UKs decision to join the common market, or for that matter to leave the EU. "

Yes the UK joined the Common Market(common agricultural policy) , not the so called EU,so as the EU changed the rules as they grew towards a Federal State so the UK finally voted out.....Simples
-
Krautophile
Dresden & Hunts,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple

icon22 Dec 2017 19:41
Flappytabs:
Gladtobebackontwowheels:
Flappytabs:
What a crock of s!$%.

it has nothing to do with The UKs decision to join the common market, or for that matter to leave the EU.

greasy:

So how little did the Germans pay toward rebuilding their federal state which we are apparently a part of?

the war was a generation ago, the world moved on

well most of it did

I can tell you right now in some parts of Germany it is going on still now! A certain date is etched into the collective memory of a certain city like a post - 13th Feb 1945 f!$% it get's on my tits. They of course never ever dropped bombs on defenseless cities for no reason?
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon23 Dec 2017 08:07
Krautophile:

I can tell you right now in some parts of Germany it is going on still now! A certain date is etched into the collective memory of a certain city like a post - 13th Feb 1945 f!$% it get's on my tits. They of course never ever dropped bombs on defenseless cities for no reason?

Irv I understand remembrance and embrace it fully, it is not surprising that there is a strong feeling in Dresden which was levelled but this has nothing whatsoever to do with our obligations to the EU.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon23 Dec 2017 09:37
Krautophile:

I'm not sure what the inference is Irv ?

Flappytabs:
What a crock of s!$%.

AFAIA the real start of an European Union (Council of Europe as it was originally known ) was just after WW2 , to prevent another war . Over the decades it has become more integrated and changed from the ECM into the EU .
So in reality it does have a bearing on what is happening today .

Flappytabs:
WALOB

Not really , I believe we should only pay our monetary responsibilities for the time we are still a part of the EU . Germany don't need another war , they are just taking over Europe by stealth . And yes , we paid to rebuild their country at the expense of our own country ,

couldn't make it up :speechless:
-
Krautophile
Dresden & Hunts,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple

icon23 Dec 2017 09:49
Mach 1:
Krautophile:

I'm not sure what the inference is Irv ?

If you ever go to Dresden you will see/hear it everywhere regarding the bombing on the 13th February 1945.

Of course the Germans never ever went out to maliciously to bomb any other city with their Luftwaffe during the course of the war they started! Warsaw, Stalingrad etc etc.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon23 Dec 2017 10:01
Ah right ,never been to Dresden but ;

I agree with your second sentence :thumbup:
-
russ999rocket
Swine Town,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Tiger Explorer

icon23 Dec 2017 10:21
As a question arising from this thread does anyone know what happened to the property of civilians that died during WW2?.
I understand that with jewellery etc it is hard to prove ownership but with a house there would have been deeds etc.
For instance if the owners of a property died or were sent to one of the many camps after the war did the state retain ownership of the property, was it squatters rights or could relations claim the property back?.
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon23 Dec 2017 10:46
The Council Of Europe was founded 1949 by ten Western and Northern European states, with Greece and Turkey joining three months later, and Iceland and West Germany following suit the next year,it now has 47 member states. It was founded to uphold human rights,democracy and rule of law in Europe,The organisation is distinct from the 28-nation European Union (EU), although it is sometimes confused with it, partly because the EU has adopted the original European Flag which was created by the Council of Europe in 1955 (internet search information)

The UK signed up to a `Common Agricultural Policy` not the uncontrolled monster of chaos and corruption the EU has become so our so called obligations should not be met in my opinion as the original basis we joined under was changed NEGATING our original contract
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon23 Dec 2017 13:50
greasy:
The Council Of Europe was founded 1949 by ten Western and Northern European states, with Greece and Turkey joining three months later, and Iceland and West Germany following suit the next year,it now has 47 member states. It was founded to uphold human rights,democracy and rule of law in Europe,The organisation is distinct from the 28-nation European Union (EU), although it is sometimes confused with it, partly because the EU has adopted the original European Flag which was created by the Council of Europe in 1955 (internet search information)

The UK signed up to a `Common Agricultural Policy` not the uncontrolled monster of chaos and corruption the EU has become so our so called obligations should not be met in my opinion as the original basis we joined under was changed NEGATING our original contract

But as part of the organisation which developed into the EU, we are as responsible for it as any other member state, it isnt like we have been forced to stay as members.

Much of the money we will pay is to honour commitments the UK has made and as a result the EU has budgeted and awarded contracts accordingly.

to just walk away would be shoddy
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon23 Dec 2017 14:50
Over the years Britain has had many disputes with EU rulings and legislation and been steamrollered into accepting many by being out voted by other members with agendas of their own,some may say spurious agendas, The EU does not produce accounts to be scrutinised so much of the `budget` they have lines dishonest euro mp`s pockets. So to walk away would make good fiscal sense,and would only be shoddy if honesty was the main trait in Brussels which it is obviously not
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon23 Dec 2017 14:59
The truth of the matter is really quite simple; while a Frenchman heads the EU negotiation team Britain will never get the deal we would like. Until someone on our side of the Channel has the balls to walk, we might as well be pissing in the wind.
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon23 Dec 2017 16:33
greasy:
Over the years Britain has had many disputes with EU rulings and legislation and been steamrollered into accepting many by being out voted by other members with agendas of their own,some may say spurious agendas,

but that is how it works just because one party doesnt agree with a policy or decision doesnt mean that it is wrong. It is merely wrong for the party who thinks it wrong.

but what does it have to do with the war?
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon23 Dec 2017 17:33
Flappytabs:
WALOB

Ahem....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3104...
-
Krautophile
Dresden & Hunts,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Street Triple

icon23 Dec 2017 18:23
Obee Wan:
The truth of the matter is really quite simple; while a Frenchman heads the EU negotiation team Britain will never get the deal we would like. Until someone on our side of the Channel has the balls to walk, we might as well be pissing in the wind.

Not only is he a Frenchman, he's a Gaullist. Which is even worse!
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon23 Dec 2017 18:32
Quote:
ut as part of the organisation which developed into the EU, we are as responsible for it as any other member state, it isnt like we have been forced to stay as members.

Err, 1952 to 1972 is 20 years when we were kept out by France as thanks for saving their sorry arses in 1945 ( and protecting the frogs and boche from the USSR). I make that~ 20 years when we had nowt to do with it. And then we were fed lie after lie by the labour government to get us to vote to go in and then to stay. Its all there in the records if you want/can be bothered to look. And has been noted above not much has changed in the last 40 years.....whatever the colour of their prty. Pigs and troughs mate, pigs and troughs ....
-
Nice n Fat
Wilts, Berks & Hants,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Bonneville (01-08)

icon23 Dec 2017 18:44
Sir TT:
Flappytabs:
WALOB

Ahem....

I thought everyone knew that? /media/file/78247.aspx
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon23 Dec 2017 19:25
Also it could be argued that had we not been a founding member of NATO and a major contributor(aren't we always:smirk:) and protected Europe from Russia post war, particularly West Germany, then things might look very different now. Denying history is extremely dangerous and that is why I believe it'll be our downfall eventually.
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon23 Dec 2017 19:52
"But as part of the organisation which developed into the EU, we are as responsible for it as any other member state, it isnt like we have been forced to stay as members.

Much of the money we will pay is to honour commitments the UK has made and as a result the EU has budgeted and awarded contracts accordingly.

to just walk away would be shoddy"

My reply to the above
"Over the years Britain has had many disputes with EU rulings and legislation and been steamrollered into accepting many by being out voted by other members with agendas of their own,some may say spurious agendas, The EU does not produce accounts to be scrutinised so much of the `budget` they have lines dishonest euro mp`s pockets. So to walk away would make good fiscal sense,and would only be shoddy if honesty was the main trait in Brussels which it is obviously not"

Flappytabs:
greasy:
Over the years Britain has had many disputes with EU rulings and legislation and been steamrollered into accepting many by being out voted by other members with agendas of their own,some may say spurious agendas,

but that is how it works just because one party doesnt agree with a policy or decision doesnt mean that it is wrong. It is merely wrong for the party who thinks it wrong.

but what does it have to do with the war?

What are you on about with the war comment in this context ?
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon24 Dec 2017 09:29
Sir TT:
Flappytabs:
WALOB

Ahem....

I wasnt referring to your original post.:thumbup:

X-Man:
Quote:
ut as part of the organisation which developed into the EU, we are as responsible for it as any other member state, it isnt like we have been forced to stay as members.

Err, 1952 to 1972 is 20 years when we were kept out by France as thanks for saving their sorry arses in 1945 ( and protecting the frogs and boche from the USSR). I make that~ 20 years when we had nowt to do with it. And then we were fed lie after lie by the labour government to get us to vote to go in and then to stay. Its all there in the records if you want/can be bothered to look. And has been noted above not much has changed in the last 40 years.....whatever the colour of their prty. Pigs and troughs mate, pigs and troughs ....

the period from 1972 - 2017 we were a part of it and it has developed massively from a common market to virtually a super state with a multi nation single currency without national borders.

what has that got to do with the war?

greasy:

What are you on about with the war comment in this context ?

this all started because i posted WALOB to the original post which was centered on the number killed in the war.
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 10:04
Forgive me if I appear thick but,I cannot see any numbers for "number killed in war".I probably mistakenly thought you meant it comment/s concerning the money it cost this country to help maintain freedom in Europe and that Germany repay that amount back to the UK before we even consider paying an outrageous exit fee
-
Sir TT
Church of 3 Saints,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 10:04
Ahhhhhh....

f!$% it, Merry Christmas all.
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon24 Dec 2017 10:29
I wouldn't wouldn't worry too much, as the vote in parliament recently has made it more likely that we'll have to 'walk' at some point anyway.
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon24 Dec 2017 11:43
Not worried, just sick of all of the Europe should be grateful because of the war crap
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 12:16
Disgraceful comment. It was not crap to the men who fought and died and the families left with dead relatives.If you knew anything of history you would understand why Europe should be grateful and remain so.
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 13:27
I think Flapp y forgets that we stood almost alone (Commonwealth) for a period of time and fought off the axis powers with a huge cost to lives and money. We then stood up against the creeping danger of the USSR. But then it was 70 years ago so it doesn't count.

Mind you I will give him this
Quote:
he period from 1972 - 2017 we were a part of it and it has developed massively from a common market to virtually a super state with a multi nation single currency without national borders.

is just exactly what we were fighting against during the war.....now imagine where this superstate can end up whilst under the general influence of Germany.....
-
Obee Wan
Angles of the East,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon24 Dec 2017 14:49
X-Man:
I think Flapp y forgets that we stood almost alone (Commonwealth) for a period of time and fought off the axis powers with a huge cost to lives and money. We then stood up against the creeping danger of the USSR. But then it was 70 years ago so it doesn't count.

Mind you I will give him this
Quote:
he period from 1972 - 2017 we were a part of it and it has developed massively from a common market to virtually a super state with a multi nation single currency without national borders.

is just exactly what we were fighting against during the war.....now imagine where this superstate can end up whilst under the general influence of Germany.....

Currently reading a book, 'Carrier Pilot' - I still find it hard to believe we were slaughtering each other on such a scale ONLY 70 years ago.:sad: Move on but never, ever forget.
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon24 Dec 2017 15:18
greasy:
Disgraceful comment. It was not crap to the men who fought and died and the families left with dead relatives.If you knew anything of history you would understand why Europe should be grateful and remain so.

disgraceful comment my arse. the two things are not connected.

if you knew anything about me you would know how f!$%ing stupid your comment is.

to use the deaths of people 70 odd years ago to justify jingoistic bulls!$% about a political situation of today is just ridiculous in the extreme.

X-Man:

f!$% off, you have no f!$%ing idea

X-Man:

I dont disagree Tony but the 2 events are not connected
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 15:45
"if you knew anything about me you would know how f!$%ing stupid your comment is".

Anyone can claim any crap when on the internet.

The comment is there and obviously connected.

"to use the deaths of people 70 odd years ago to justify jingoistic bulls!$% about a political situation of today is just ridiculous in the extreme".

Not jingoistic to be patriotic about ones country, and those deaths are as relevent to the political situation today as they were the day they died defending your right to free speech, that would be even more eroded by the EU in the future than it is now.
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 15:49
Quote:
I dont disagree Tony but the 2 events are not connected

You'll be telling me next that WW2 was not connected to WW1. Sorry mate but you can't discount history and its connections with everyday occurrences. 70 years is just a blip in time when considering historical effects. And then every one keeps telling me the EU has stopped any more world wars; how can it have when there is no connection?....you can't have it both ways.....
-
Flappytabs
Derbeeeshire,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon24 Dec 2017 17:58
greasy:

Not jingoistic to be patriotic about ones country, and those deaths are as relevent to the political situation today as they were the day they died defending your right to free speech, that would be even more eroded by the EU in the future than it is now.

what do those death have to do with the bill for leaving the EU?

X-Man:

You'll be telling me next that WW2 was not connected to WW1. Sorry mate but you can't discount history and its connections with everyday occurrences. 70 years is just a blip in time when considering historical effects. And then every one keeps telling me the EU has stopped any more world wars; how can it have when there is no connection?....you can't have it both ways.....

so exactly what relevance do the deaths of millions of British people among the deaths of millions of other nationalities during that and any other war you care to mention have with the cost of exiting the EU.
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon24 Dec 2017 18:16
69 'tis the season to be jolly69

which by definition means politics is out of bounds 07 01
-
greasy
west sussex,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 18:20
It has to do with that before demanding an outrageous leaving fee,the European Union should pay Britain back what it had to borrow to enable the bloody European Union to exist.With out what Britain/America/canada/india etc sacrificed there would be no union as the germans would have ruled with an iron jack boot and I believe would still like to do so
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Dec 2017 19:04
Quote:
o exactly what relevance do the deaths of millions of British people among the deaths of millions of other nationalities during that and any other war you care to mention have with the cost of exiting the EU.

Because if were not for that sacrifice you would now be living in Germany and the EU would not exist. The EU is built on the money that the UK and the USA put into Europe mainland after the war. Germany was the root cause of that war and Germany was the one country that benefited afterwards in more than one way. Having said that we didn't vote to join the EU (its secrets of global power were just that; kept from us as secrets). Germany has never paid its dues properly yet it is expecting us to do just that (they claim). That is the relevance of WW2 to the EU today.
-
Katies Grandad
Snot on the Ouse,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon26 Dec 2017 21:17
Mr Dave Davis is at the golf club returning his locker key when Mr Barnier, the membership secretary sees him.
"Hello Mr Davis", says Mr Barnier. "I'm sorry to hear you are no longer renewing your club membership,if you would like to come to my office we can settle your account".
"I have settled my bar bill" says Mr Davis.
"Ah yes Mr Davis", says Mr Barnier, "but there are other matters that need settlement"
In Mr Barniers office -
Mr Davis explains that he has settled his bar bill so wonders what else he can possibly owe the Golf Club?
"Well Mr Davis" begins Mr Barnier, "you did agree to buy one of our Club Jackets".
"Yes" agrees Mr Davis "I did agree to buy a jacket but I haven't received it yet". "As soon as you supply the jacket I will send you a cheque for the full amount".
"That will not be possible" explains Mr Barnier. "As you are no longer a club member you will not be entitled to buy one of our jackets"!
"But you still want me to pay for it" exclaims Mr Davis.
"Yes" says Mr Barnier, "That will be £500 for the jacket. "There is also your bar bill".
"But I've already settled my bar bill" says Mr Davis. "Yes" says Mr Barnier, "but as you can appreciate, we need to place our orders from the Brewery in advance to ensure our bar is properly stocked".. "You regularly used to spend at least £50 a week in the bar so we have placed orders with the brewery accordingly for the coming year". "You therefore owe us £2600 for the year".
"Will you still allow me to have these drinks?" asks Mr Davis. "No of course not Mr Davis". "You are no longer a club member!" says Mr Barnier. "Next is your restaurant bill" continues Mr Barnier. "In the same manner we have to make arrangements in advance with our catering suppliers". "Your average restaurant bill was in the order of £300 a month, so we'll require payment of £3600 for the next year"
I don't suppose you'll be letting me have these meals either" asks Mr Davis.
No, of course not" says an irritated Mr Barnier, "you are no longer a club member!"
"Then of course" Mr Barnier continues, "there are repairs to the clubhouse roof".
"Clubhouse roof" exclaims Mr Davis, "What's that got to do with me?"
"Well it still needs to be repaired and the builders are coming in next week", your share of the bill is £2000".
"I see" says Mr Davis, "anything else?".
"Now you mention it" says Mr Barnier, "there is Fred the Barman's pension". "We would like you to pay £5 a week towards Fred's pension when he retires next month". "He's not well you know so I doubt we'll need to ask you for payment for longer than about five years, so £1300 should do it".
"This brings your total bill to £10,000" says Mr Barnier.
"Let me get this straight" says Mr Davis, "you want me to pay £500 for a jacket you won't let me have, £2600 for beverages you won't let me drink and £3600 for food you won't let me eat, all under a roof I won't be allowed under and not served by a bloke who's going to retire next month!"
"Yes, it's all perfectly clear and quite reasonable" says Mr Barnier.
"Feck off!" says Mr Davis...

Now we understand what Brexit is all about!
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon27 Dec 2017 09:46
Katies Grandad:
Mr Dave Davis is at the golf club returning his locker key when Mr Barnier, the membership secretary sees him.
"Hello Mr Davis", says Mr Barnier. "I'm sorry to hear you are no longer renewing your club membership,if you would like to come to my office we can settle your account".
"Ah yes Mr Davis", says Mr Barnier, "but there are other matters that need settlement ......................

Funny :thumbup: , but pretty much sums up the ludicrous demands being made by the EU for Brexit.

X-Man:
Quote:
o exactly what relevance do the deaths of millions of British people among the deaths of millions of other nationalities during that and any other war you care to mention have with the cost of exiting the EU.

Because if were not for that sacrifice you would now be living in Germany and the EU would not exist. The EU is built on the money that the UK and the USA put into Europe mainland after the war. Germany was the root cause of that war and Germany was the one country that benefited afterwards in more than one way. Having said that we didn't vote to join the EU (its secrets of global power were just that; kept from us as secrets). Germany has never paid its dues properly yet it is expecting us to do just that (they claim). That is the relevance of WW2 to the EU today.

:thumbup::thumbup:
-
Strat
North West,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon31 Dec 2017 08:16
Katies Grandad:
"Ah yes Mr Davis", says Mr Barnier, "but there are other matters that need settlement"
In Mr Barniers office -
Mr Davis explains that he has settled his bar bill so wonders what else he can possibly owe the Golf Club?
"Well Mr Davis" begins Mr Barnier, "you did agree to buy one of our Club Jackets".
"Yes" agrees Mr Davis "I did agree to buy a jacket but I haven't received it yet". "As soon as you supply the jacket I will send you a cheque for the full amount".
"That will not be possible" explains Mr Barnier. "As you are no longer a club member you will not be entitled to buy one of our jackets"!
"But you still want me to pay for it" exclaims Mr Davis.
"Yes" says Mr Barnier, "That will be £500 for the jacket. "There is also your bar bill".
"But I've already settled my bar bill" says Mr Davis. "Yes" says Mr Barnier, "but as you can appreciate, we need to place our orders from the Brewery in advance to ensure our bar is properly stocked".. "You regularly used to spend at least £50 a week in the bar so we have placed orders with the brewery accordingly for the coming year". "You therefore owe us £2600 for the year".
"Will you still allow me to have these drinks?" asks Mr Davis. "No of course not Mr Davis". "You are no longer a club member!" says Mr Barnier. "Next is your restaurant bill" continues Mr Barnier. "In the same manner we have to make arrangements in advance with our catering suppliers". "Your average restaurant bill was in the order of £300 a month, so we'll require payment of £3600 for the next year"
I don't suppose you'll be letting me have these meals either" asks Mr Davis.
No, of course not" says an irritated Mr Barnier, "you are no longer a club member!"
"Then of course" Mr Barnier continues, "there are repairs to the clubhouse roof".
"Clubhouse roof" exclaims Mr Davis, "What's that got to do with me?"
"Well it still needs to be repaired and the builders are coming in next week", your share of the bill is £2000".
"I see" says Mr Davis, "anything else?".
"Now you mention it" says Mr Barnier, "there is Fred the Barman's pension". "We would like you to pay £5 a week towards Fred's pension when he retires next month". "He's not well you know so I doubt we'll need to ask you for payment for longer than about five years, so £1300 should do it".
"This brings your total bill to £10,000" says Mr Barnier.
"Let me get this straight" says Mr Davis, "you want me to pay £500 for a jacket you won't let me have, £2600 for beverages you won't let me drink and £3600 for food you won't let me eat, all under a roof I won't be allowed under and not served by a bloke who's going to retire next month!"
"Yes, it's all perfectly clear and quite reasonable" says Mr Barnier.
"Feck off!" says Mr Davis...

Now we understand what Brexit is all about!

More Brexit bulls!$% perpetrated by people pretending to know what they were voting for.

At what point ( in your example ) does Mr Barnier say to Mr Davis " but you signed up to and agreed to these conditions? What, you mean you didn't tell the electorate this during the referendum campaign, and most of them were too f!$%ing stupid to ask/understand what they were voting for?"

To which Mr Davis could reply, "no, we didn't tell them, we were too busy shovelling lies down their throats about £350,000,000pw for the NHS, continued access to single markets and the customs union, an EU army, Turkey's imminent joining of the EU and millions of Turkish migrants swarming in to the U.K. etc etc. Still, at least they'll a blue passport to look at as our economy goes down the pan!"
-
KentGoldings
Mälardalen,
Sweden

Daytona 955i (99-01)

icon31 Dec 2017 09:16
If the colour is so important why did you change it when not beeing obliged to?

Under a system first agreed by Margaret Thatcher’s government in 1981, Britain is not legally obliged to use the same burgundy design as most other members but agreed to do so in a joint resolution of member states in the European council.

The first burgundy machine-readable passports were issued in the UK in 1988, after the common format introduced by the European Economic Community.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...
-
  Next Page
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > A new Brexit conversation...
-