NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Age cap for TT competitors
Info
The Shades, Ongar,,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Premier Member
Thunderbird Sport (98-00)

icon04 Dec 2017 08:23
http://roadracingnews.co.uk/age-cap-of-4...
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon04 Dec 2017 08:30
You have to ask, why ? Where is the evidence to justify a decision of that sort ?
-
Koro
Severn Valley,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon04 Dec 2017 09:14
I sorta agree with it as too many older racers do get killed on the course. But, I am guessing that it will be amended so that exceptions could be made to allow for experienced racers, such as the example given of Chris Walker.
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon04 Dec 2017 10:43
Its only for newcomers. Its fairly hard to get a licence for the TT as well anyway. Mind you they are risking it dying (sorry) on its feet if they think that it is "the TT after all" The public can be very fickle and its expensive enough to watch even now; if you can get there in the first place. I wonder what will happen to the IoM steam packet if it starts losing wads of money. These things tend to have odd results to badly thought out regulations.
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon04 Dec 2017 11:36
Koro:
I sorta agree with it as too many older racers do get killed on the course. But, I am guessing that it will be amended so that exceptions could be made to allow for experienced racers, such as the example given of Chris Walker.

It's nothing to do with safety, it's all about stopping "box tickers" who just want to do it once. The Clerk of the Course and the Manx Department of Economic Development have made that clear.
-
Koro
Severn Valley,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple T309

icon04 Dec 2017 20:38
Nick yes a do get that you dont need to preach at me ! But you know it all don't you.
-
Nick
Birley Edge,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
TT600 (00-01)

icon04 Dec 2017 21:06
Sorry, I didn't mean to preach. I was merely clarifying the situation and pointing out the true reason for the decision (which, incidentally, I disagree with).
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon05 Dec 2017 09:08
Personally I think 40 is a bit low for an age cap , you are still mentally and physically capable enough at that age imo. 45-50 maybe ?

X-Man:
Its only for newcomers. Its fairly hard to get a licence for the TT as well anyway.

I would think that is a fair point , I'm sure you can't just get a race license one month then apply for the TT the next .
It might be only for newcomers to the TT , but not newcomers to racing I would have thought .
-
X-Man
North Lincs,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon05 Dec 2017 18:53
IIRC you need a national licence at least and there are rules as to what you must do during the season as per races complete and positions in those races then you have to apply to get a mountain licence to race. I might have imagined this but you have to finish top 50% in 6 nationals to qualify. So using a bucket list doesn't really excuse it.
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Speed Triple 1050

icon05 Dec 2017 20:00
But Mal still goes around there at a 1000 mph. And he’s 60.38

-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Premier Member
Daytona 955i (02)

icon30 Dec 2017 20:15
Nah ... it just seems like I'm going at 1000mph when I go past you !

:kiss:
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > Age cap for TT competitors
-