Thursday, 21 March 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > f!$% n eBay again
Info
ma,,
USA

Adventurer (99-01)

icon23 Oct 2017 02:01
Bought a personal used personal guitar amp ....Korg P 4 and the damn on off switch is broken ..it just flops back and forth with no resistance or click
I Informed the seller the item does not work
His Reply ..it worked when I shipped it
I replied .the item is defective and will not turn on
His Reply - it worked when I shipped it
Emailed him again ..the unit does not work because the on off switch is broken
His reply ..it worked when I shipped it
In my book it’s Strike three asshole ..not Evan a I am sorry for your trouble from the seller.
So I started a dispute in ebays resolution center ..
His Reply .did you use fresh batteries ,
Me yes
His Reply ,Did you plug the power cord in all the way
Me yes
His Reply does the wall outlet work
Me yes .the on off switch is broken
His Reply ..I tested it and it works ,are the batteries installed properly
My Reply .. yes , I am not an idiot and can operate a simple device ,The on off switch is broken
His Reply .My ad states no returns as .I tested it and it works ,are you using the device correctly
My Reply ..how can I when The on off switch is broken ..a common problem with Korgs
His Reply ..can you give me a link showing Korgs have defective switches
My Reply ...can you show me a video of you testing the product..
His Reply .it works and I do not document testing products
My Reply ..forget ebays resolution center ,I am disputing the bill with pay pal as I am not paying for a defective item or shipping or return shipping if you want your item back send me a return shipping label .....
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Andy Holmes
Leics.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon23 Oct 2017 09:35
Had the very same with a laptop on Friday........took 8 hrs of to and fro, sent 3 videos and they tried to get me to reset it.......went back RMSD on Sat morning, should be there by now and refund in the bank
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon23 Oct 2017 09:35
Request a return, reason being faulty, that way the seller has to pay return postage. If he does not the open a case and EBay will refund.

If you do not return it as faulty you will have to pay the return postage.

Simple and hassle free, no returne means you can't return it if you change your mind but the seller has to accept returns for faulty or not as described items.
-
----KK----
West SX / London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon23 Oct 2017 13:19
Is the switch easy (and cheap) to change? If so and you like the guitar (I guess you do seeing as you bought the thing), then maybe just change it rather than beating yourself up about it? 39
-
595daytona
Birmingham,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon23 Oct 2017 18:24
I have never bought anything from Ebay, and as I have never heard a good story from anybody about it, I never will.
-
Spugs
scotland,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (05->)

icon23 Oct 2017 19:56
Just bought a tail for 765 Street Triple brand spanking new £5:50 +postage, guy got dealer to fit tail tidy before it left the showroom, number plate bracket not even drilled=£30 number plate light=£26 upper moulding=£20. lower moulding=£23, bits and bobs brings it to near £150 from Triumph
-
Hov
Sussex,
United Kingdom

Rocket III Classic (07-09)

icon23 Oct 2017 20:38
595daytona:
I have never bought anything from Ebay, and as I have never heard a good story from anybody about it, I never will.

Its not all bad! Bit of feedback I just got on an eBay sale:blush:;

New message from: borisbrentnall (487Turquoise Star)
I haven't left a feedback rating for the last 5 years on all my purchases but it was a fast delivery for what is probably the best thing i have brought in the last five years.

I was expecting this to be good but its amazing. You aint getting this back mate ;)
YOU:

Thank you for the fast payment.
Hopefully will arrive with you tomorrow.
I deleted all my music except a small selection of free sampler tracks which show off its capabilities.
Any problems, please let me know. Happy to have it back! Miss it already!!

Astell&Kern AK120 twin DAC Digital Media Player
Astell&Kern AK120 twin DAC Digital
Order status: Paid
Paid £395.00 with PAYPAL on 08 Oct, 2017 21:03 BST
View order details

Only purchases on eBay are covered by the eBay purchase protection programmes. Asking your trading partner to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not allowed.
-
Mach 1
Durham,
United Kingdom

Bonneville (01-08)

icon23 Oct 2017 22:47
jaguartvr:
Request a return, reason being faulty, that way the seller has to pay return postage. If he does not the open a case and EBay will refund.

If you do not return it as faulty you will have to pay the return postage.

Simple and hassle free, no returne means you can't return it if you change your mind but the seller has to accept returns for faulty or not as described items.

Wot he says :thumbup:.
As a buyer you have much more rights than seller :thumbup:
The guy in question is just being awkward and unfortunately for him all correspondence is logged so just stating it was alright prior to postage doesn't wash .
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Oct 2017 09:54
595daytona:

Do you still believe the Earth is flat?

I have a 1990 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas blue leather interior that I fitted to my MK2 jag about 15 years ago. Being a Vanden Plas there are very few about and even less in blue.
Last year the electric seat switch developed a problem and melted. I was expecting to be searching for months for the correct replacement but a 2 minute search on EBay showed 4 available, £6.50 and delivered in 2 days.

This is what is so good about EBay, car and bike parts that you would be scouring auto jumbles for months for can be sourced cheaply and quickly. You need to move with the times and try it before you mock it.
-
Rob NMTB
Redditch,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon24 Oct 2017 10:10
Agreed. Likewise if you're selling, you have hugely increased chance of finding a buyer
-
jaguartvr
Englefield Green,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon24 Oct 2017 10:30
I've sold my seats and fairings all over the world solely due to my Ebay adverts.
Japan, Brazil, Hawaii and South Korea to name a few of the more unusual destinations.
-
Spugs
scotland,
United Kingdom

Sprint ST (05->)

icon22 Feb 2019 15:11
:smile: bid and bought a 765 Street Triple complete silencer assembly unused and mint for a friend for PENNIES postage free.......£660 from Triumph dealers....f!$% n eBay..:lol::lol::lol:
-
Baldbloke
Moray,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon22 Feb 2019 15:32
595daytona:

Out of 520 odd purchases and maybe a dozen sales I've had one c!$% of a seller in 12 years (a £25 buy for me that wasn't what it claimed to be) A Pakistani gentleman. Maybe a couple of differences that needed a message or two to resolve, and that's it. Never had to open a dispute either.
Mainly comes from checking feedback and ensuring buyers and sellers aren't halfwits and can at least form understandable sentences.
-
NextRSSPreviousSocial Forums > The Hinckley Arms > f!$% n eBay again
-