Message Board

NextRSSPreviousTech Forums > Problem Solving > T595 top end update
Info
hants,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon02 May 2017 08:53
Hi Folks

Finally got the T 595 through its MOT but need to attended to a couple of other issues.

Tick over: the bike still idles at circa 2500 on start up 1800 rpm when warmed up hence do i need TuneEcu to set this and what should it be set to.

Fuel tank gasket: this appears to be leaking so what should i pay for the gasket

Over heating: The bike seems to run fine all the time your moving however a short stop in traffic and the fan cuts in and the gauge needle heads up towards the upper limit before the red, is this normal.
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Koro
Severn Valley,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple T309

icon02 May 2017 09:13
These do tend to run hot. My '97 did just as you describe whereas my 01 does not - don't ask me why the difference.

For a new fuel gasket look at worldoftriumph.com for price guide, although some say WOT are not the cheapest and your local dealer might be better if you have one close by. Whilst you are at it you might want to change the fuel filter ( but don't pay the excessive Triumph price ).

The bike should run at around 1200 rpm, any lower and it is likely to stall. You should take the time to download Tunecu in any case and buy a lead ( around £20 ). The high RPM might be down to some other type of problem, but good to start on Tunecu in any case.
-
rosscot595
hants,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon02 May 2017 10:38
Thanks Koro, unfortunately i haven't hooked up with enough owners to know whats good or bad. I have a copy of tune ECU and also a lead for OBD to USB is that OK or do i need a special £80 lead to connect.

I will probably hold off messing though until i have balanced the throttle bodies
-
Sir Alan of Ingol
sespit of the north,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 May 2017 10:47
on the t595 you can alter the temp that the fan comes on at in tuneecu , mine used to get bloody hot in traffic in summer

edit: the t595 comes on at 103 , and the "mod" back inthe day was to lower the setting in tune ecu to 97 degree , ALSO check condition of fan , susceptible to we worn down with age
-
Yeebs
East Sussex,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon02 May 2017 17:06
I would say get the 'lonelec' cable for tuneecu. I had a cheaper cable that worked, then didn't work till finally after trying for weeks with no success i bought a 'lonelec' cable (£18 i think). It connected to bikes ecu straight away.

First thing i did was reset 'TPS' and my high idle came straight down to 1200.
-
rosscot595
hants,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon03 May 2017 09:10
Thanks for the advice, the fan blades on mine look as if they have melted, i've looked for a second hand one on fleabay but most are the same.

Will investigate tune ecu when i get some time next week
-
NextRSSPreviousTech Forums > Problem Solving > T595 top end update
-