Sunday, 20 January 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousEvent Forums > UK Northern Lads & Lasses > 'Ped Racing 2014
Info
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon29 Apr 2014 12:32
I thought that this probably deserved its own thread...

There's going to be a moped race at RAF Wittering over the SECOND May Bank Holiday weekend.

As far as I understand it, it'll be the same format - Arrive Friday - Race Saturday - Drink lots on Saturday night - Go home Sunday. They didn't necessarily want it to be over the Bank Holiday weekend, but that was all that was available.

There's a new online registration system, and changes can only be made up until 2 days before the event. After that, no changes can be made. "If your name's not down, you're not coming in!!"

This is relatively short notice, but should be a cracker!!

Who's in then??

Dom
Mal
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Grand Pa
The seaside,
United Kingdom

Group Moderator
Sprint ST (02-04)

icon29 Apr 2014 20:04
Sorry mate, I'm out. So many things to do & so little money :sad:
-
Skeet
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon29 Apr 2014 21:12
If you are stuck for a rider I wouldn't mind a go. Do you need an ACU license?
-
Bob
All over the shop,
United Kingdom

Daytona T595

icon30 Apr 2014 14:19
I am stupid enough and also available :blush:

Mal says I can play if I drink enough beer.....

I assume that's after the race :pirate:
-
Grand Pa
The seaside,
United Kingdom

Group Moderator
Sprint ST (02-04)

icon30 Apr 2014 20:40
Skeet:
Do you need an ACU license

No Mate just photo ID :thumbup:
-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon01 May 2014 12:37
and full leathers (one or two piece) and an approved helmet.

and the ability to fall off and be totally incompetent....
-
Grouch
Freedonia,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon01 May 2014 18:08
Not this time:cry:
Time and cash in short supply at the moment:sad:
-
Skeet
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 May 2014 18:42
Malcolm:
and full leathers (one or two piece) and an approved helmet.

and the ability to fall off and be totally incompetent....

Then I qualify on all counts.

I'm in if you need me.
-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon01 May 2014 20:28
Good man ... oh .. you also need to be able to drink loads of beer and talk bollox .....
-
Skeet
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon02 May 2014 21:24
I think I can manage that:drink::drink:
-
DOM
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon05 May 2014 10:40
So, by my reckoning, it'll now be:-

Dom
Mal
Andy
Bob
Skeet

Does that all sound good??

I've got the application through now, so I'll get it sent in. Bob and Skeet, there'll be a PM on the way over - just a bit of info I need.

Is anyone planning to spectate - we're allowed a maximum of 5 non-riding groupies. Lycra suits are essential for these people.

Rules and Regs coming on a separate post in a mo....

Wittering Rules and Regs to observe....

Rules and regulations

Please remind yourself and your riding and non-riding team members of these rules and confirm at the bottom of the page that all members of your team have read them and agree to adhere to them RAF Wittering Max Wilson Memorial Mopedathon 31st May 2014 Entries are restricted to automatic ‘twist & go’s’ and Honda C70/C90 (or equivalent automatic clutched machines) ONLY. The day’s event will be held on an on-and-off road circuit, featuring grass, mud and tarmac, so note rule 9a. The morning will include an open practice so every rider on every team has a chance to get a feel for the track. The afternoon will consist of a six-hour endurance race for all team riders, this will include a Le Mans style start. Your position on the start will be determined by a numbered clothes peg that you will draw from a bag during signing on, this will be attached to your machine at the start. The winners will be the team deemed to have completed the most laps after six hours, if it is a dead heat then the team with the most incomplete ped wins. The rules are:

1. All machines must have been road legal at some point (build something special if you dare).
2. No Minimotos, kiddies crossers or pit bikes.
3. All machines should be: a. Up to 50cc two stroke twist and go. b. Up to 90cc four stroke with the option of crash box style transmission (C70/C90-style machine). c. No manually clutched machines are permitted.
4. A maximum of five riders per team, a minimum of two riders per team. (minimum age limit 16)
5. A rider may only ride for one team.
6. Only ONE machine per team.
7. All rider changes to be carried out in the pit lane.
8. All machines are to have: a. Brakes that work. b. Tyres in good condition (no canvas showing, cracks or splits) c. No sharp edges. d. Nothing falling off (if it can be helped). e. No device or means of firing, dispensing, dropping or throwing a projectile of any kind (this includes bananas).
9. All riders will wear while competing: a. One-piece or zip-together two-piece leather suits. There will be no exceptions to this rule & it has been issued by the Chief Safety Officer for the RAF Motor Sport Association, who will be attending the event. (No MX kit or textile suits, this event have some fast road sections). b. An approved motorcycle helmet (fastened) with visor down or goggles worn. c. Suitable leather gloves and motorcycle boots.
10. All machines will display a white number panel front and both sides at the rear (bike number confirmation will be given to all teams nearer the time).
11. No alcohol is to be consumed by any competitor till after completion of the mopedathon, then please go crazy.
12. It is essential that all teams complete all sections of the entry form, especially names, contact details and vehicle details of all riders and guests. These are the details used to process your passes to access the unit, if anything is missed out then a pass cannot be generated and yourself and/or your vehicle will not be granted access. Please note, photographic ID will be required by everyone entering the unit. Passport or Drivers License is acceptable. (This does not apply to children under 16 as long as they are accompanied by a responsible adult who holds a pass).
13. NO fighting, especially on track, as it makes the organisers crabby.
14. A lap bonus will be awarded to teams competing in fancy dress. a. 20-lap bonus to the team with the best fancy dress (the team that wins best fancy dress is not eligible for further lap bonuses). b. There will be four classes of fancy dress that each team will be graded into by the organisers, there will be 3 spot checks throughout the 6hrs to ensure each team is still in the same state of fancy dress as when they started. (Fancy dress is not required when working on a bike in the pits and this will be taken into account during the spot checks) Bonuses are: i. Zero fancy dress = 0 lap bonus ii. Minimal fancy dress = 3 lap bonus iii. Medium fancy dress = 5 lap bonus iv. Maximum fancy dress = 15 lap bonus
15. The organisers have the right to ‘Sin Bin’ any bike and rider for as long as they see fit for various offences. These can include Dangerous Riding, inappropriate overtaking, avoidable contact and taking it all too seriously. Organiser decisions are final, any arguing will result in further Bin time.
16. There is to be NO riding of peds in areas other than the pit lane and the track (when it's open) and a helmet is to be worn at ALL times. After the last ped on track has taken the chequered flag a NO engines rule will be in effect.
17. Do not try and land any aircraft at RAF Wittering. Someone connected with a team at the last event decided to arrive in an aircraft and the consequences are still being felt a year later. If anyone connected with any team enters RAF Wittering airspace there will be serious consequences, which will start with ejection from the event and get considerably more serious from there onwards.
This event is likely to be under observation by Senior management of the station, as well as the RAF Police Section. Any shortfall of these rules during the event will be investigated and jeopardise the club's chances of running further events in the future.
The entry fee is £70 per team per race (NOT including the £25 transponder hire fee if you do not have a suitable transponder of your own). NO MONEY=NO RACE. Pay on the day (cash please).
All entry forms must be completed (including all vehicle details for all team members). Please submit your entry as soon as possible as we are expecting a lot of interest but only have limited spaces available. You will be able to edit your team info nearer the event if necessary, and if you're clever enough to follow the simple instructions.
If you have guests attending all the details must be on your entry form, we will not be booking in unannounced guests on the day due to lack of organisers to act as runners between the Event and the Gate.
If you intend to arrive the night before the event, no visitors will be admitted to the station between midnight and 06:00 on Saturday. You will not be able to gain access between these times unless by prior arrangement with the organisers. You must confirm below that you and each of your riding and non-riding team-mates have read these rules and will adhere to them.
-
Skeet
The North,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 Jun 2014 20:39
Ped Racing is Ace:thumbup:

Massive thanks to Mal and Dom and of course the rest of the team.
-
Grand Pa
The seaside,
United Kingdom

Group Moderator
Sprint ST (02-04)

icon01 Jun 2014 21:06
Yep it's good fun :thumbup:
-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon02 Jun 2014 17:21
We were running top 10 till Dom fecked the bike up !!!!

:frown::frown:

:tongueout:

:lol::lol:
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon02 Jun 2014 20:35
Bet he forgot to put oil in it.:lol::thumbup:
-
Trumpet Crumpet
Derby,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon02 Jun 2014 20:36
Good job I have a husband who get a podium position at these kind of capers :kiss:
-
Grand Pa
The seaside,
United Kingdom

Group Moderator
Sprint ST (02-04)

icon02 Jun 2014 21:19
Ay up Lass :kiss:
-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom