Triumph Torque Logo

Sunday, 20 January 2019 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousEvent Forums > UK Northern Lads & Lasses > Southport Air Show Sept 15th - Last flight of Vulcan ?
Info
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon16 Aug 2013 13:31
I believe that the Vulcan is flying for (possibly) the last time at the Southport air show.

Anyone fancy a run out to see it ?
-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
stevethegoolie
East Yorkshire,
United Kingdom

Trident 900

icon16 Aug 2013 16:39
The bloody thing flew over Goole last saturday. Where was I? FILEY!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Don't miss it - a thing of extreme beauty!
-
Grouch
Freedonia,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (02-04)

icon16 Aug 2013 17:56
XM607, famous for it's landscaping mission on Port Stanley was the Gate guard at Waddo while I served there.
The day they finally closed the hangar doors on them was a very sad day and many a pint was downed in the mess and Naafi.:sad:
We then got the white elephant that was the the AEW3 Nimrod, until they pulled the plug on that....millions over budget...............nobody gave a s!$% :smirk:
-
Julestools
In my shed somewhere,
United Kingdom

Bonneville T100 (02-08)

icon17 Aug 2013 21:36
Used to work in Southport years ago. It was always good watching the planes performing over the sea. I used to park up in the corner of a field on overtime and do...... very little. One year the boss caught me..... and we jumped in the Range Rover and went down to the prom for a closer look

I think it's worth a ride out :smile:
-
Guy G
Southport,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon21 Aug 2013 15:45
Not much of a ride for me ,I only live 5 mins from the beach . Ill be there though me & the good lady never miss it . The Vulcan is a stunning plane but my fav is the Tornado ,cant beat that thing coming past low with its afterburners on setting all the car alarms off :smile:
-
Guy G
Southport,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon05 Sep 2013 17:56
Read last night that the Vulcan may not be there .Theres a problem with one of its fuel tanks ,if I hear different Ill post it . If it does come its only flying last slot on sunday
-
Julestools
In my shed somewhere,
United Kingdom

Bonneville T100 (02-08)

icon07 Sep 2013 23:34
Guy G:
Read last night that the Vulcan may not be there .Theres a problem with one of its fuel tanks ,if I hear different Ill post it . If it does come its only flying last slot on sunday

I heard there was a fuel problem via FB.... just hoping it's fixed in time for Sunday
-
Guy G
Southport,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon14 Sep 2013 09:35
The air shows cancelled on Sunday due to the storm that's rolling in . The Vulcans not fixed any way so its not coming ,it needs a new fuel tank that'll take 16 weeks to make . On the bright side they say it will be flying again next year . The show is on today though & the weather looks good so we're getting the butties made & wandering down for some airplane powered fun :smile:
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon14 Sep 2013 22:01
Kin hell mal. If you can cast your mind back a few clicks to the I.o.m. A couple of years back . We couldn't be arsed to go down to Douglas to see it.
We were to busy washing our hair.:pirate:
-
Julestools
In my shed somewhere,
United Kingdom

Bonneville T100 (02-08)

icon15 Sep 2013 00:57
<TRIP>:

We were to busy washing our hair.:pirate:

Which one?
-
Grand Pa
The seaside,
United Kingdom

Group Moderator
Sprint ST (02-04)

icon15 Sep 2013 17:21
Tripe:
Kin hell mal. If you can cast your mind back a few clicks to the I.o.m. A couple of years back . We couldn't be arsed to go down to Douglas to see it.
We were to busy washing our hair

More like Too busy gettin p!ssed :smirk:
-
TRIP
Dream world.,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 1050

icon15 Sep 2013 20:18
25 never.
-
Malcolm
Lancashire,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

icon16 Sep 2013 20:36
Think you two old gits are getting forgetful .... we missed the bus, or it was late ... or the neighbour's pet unicorn had annexed Jutland ...
-
Guy G
Southport,
United Kingdom

Tiger (07->)

icon18 Sep 2013 20:26
Having watched the battle of britian flight on saterday I recon they should do another one for the falklands with the Vulcan & 2 harriers that would be very cool to watch :smile:
-
Mark
Cheshire,
United Kingdom

Thruxton (09->)

icon19 Sep 2013 04:55
We'd arranged to go to the show on Sunday and were in the Lake District until Sunday morning. We only got the email about the show being cancelled on Saturday afternoon because of the poor phone signal :sad:

Still, we've been the last 2 years and had our insides rattled by the Vulcan :thumbup: Great show, just a shame the bloody weather spoiled it this year
-
NextRSSPreviousEvent Forums > UK Northern Lads & Lasses > Southport Air Show Sept 15th - Last flight of Vulcan ?
-