Triumph Torque Logo

Monday, 17 December 2018 Register | Login

Message Board

NextRSSPreviousTech Forums > Problem Solving > Sprint RS Bellypan Fitting on Speed Triple
Info
Essex,
United Kingdom

Speed Triple 955i (99-01)

icon01 May 2004 10:43
I have just bought a second hand Sprint RS bellypan to fit on my 1998 955 Speed Triple.

The bellypan came off a 2000/2001 Sprint RS as I understand that this is the best one which can be modified slightly to fit a Speed Triple and came with all the original Triumph fitting kit.

It is yellow and obviously doesn't go with my bike, hence I need to get it painted, however before I do this I would like to modify if required and fit it temporarily to make sure I am 100% happy before I get it painted.

Can anyone let me know what minor mods I need to make to the pan/brackets to fit properly, as it didn't come with fitting instructions and it doesn't seem obvious where all the brackets mount.

If anyone has done this and can give me an idea of where the brackets mount on my Speed Triple and what mods I need to make to the bellypan, then I would be very grateful, alternatively if anyone has the original fitting instructions that they could scan and e-mail me for reference that may also be helpful as I will then be able to see what mods I need to make once the brackets are in there correct position.

Looking at some of the other threads this seems to be a common mod using a Sprint RS bellypan on a Speed Triple and thus I hope someone will be able to assist to save me a little time.

-
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
-
Grif
UK,
United Kingdom

icon01 May 2004 11:44
DARYL

Copied the bit below from a previous thread......don't know where you are in Essex, but I'm near Hertford....your welcome to come and have a butchers at mine.

Yes you do use the fitting kit that comes with it...it has 4 brackets which fit in the same places as the RS..the front right bracket has an arm for holding the oil cooler on the RS....you just cut the arm off. I used heavy duty tin snips...took about 2 seconds.

Then you need to chop a 'U' shape out of the plastic for the oil cooler....I used a dremmel with a sanding wheel, and just kept offering it up until I had the perfect fit.....whole thing took about an hour.
-
Daryl Harvey
Essex,
United Kingdom

icon01 May 2004 13:39
Griffin

Thanks for the reply

I had looked at your bike pics in your profile, nice bike by the way, looks spot on.

I haven't looked at the mounting brackets in detail yet, however is it obvious which bracket goes where?

Any chance of mailing me some close up pics of your mounting brackets an where they are located.

Also any advice on which bits need trimming so I can get an idea before offering it up to the bike.

Thanks for the swift response by the way.

Let me kow regarding the above

Regards

Daryl
-
Pink Panther
West London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 May 2004 18:32
Daryl, I have the instructions for fitment of belly pan. I can scan them (not right now -later) and email them to you if you like?

Step 1 is disconnect battery!!!!
-
Daryl Harvey
Essex,
United Kingdom

icon01 May 2004 18:55
Pink Panther

Hi

That would be great, I would appreciate it if you could e-mail the instructions.

Disconnect the battery puzzles me a bit as I don't go anywhere near the electrics unless you say otherwise.

Wait to hear from you with scanned instructions

Thanks

Daryl
-
Grif
UK,
United Kingdom

icon01 May 2004 19:22
Ah there yer go...nice one Pinkster.

As far as trimming goes, you just need to trim a 'U' out for the oil cooler. If you look at pic 2 in my profile you should be able to get the idea.
-
Pink Panther
West London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 May 2004 19:36
just cooking dinner, so will scan/email some time tonight.

The battery bit is a joke. But that's what the instructions say, bit like those warnings on pizzas, remove polystyrene base before cooking, and on packet of cashews - this product contains nuts.

PS I have 8 cans of Murphys in the fridge so If I do, erm, 'forget' to email please remind me tomorrow.
-
Ray Maines
Tacoma, WA,
USA

Sprint RS (02-05)

icon01 May 2004 20:14
Just cooking dinner? Wow, you Brits eat at weird times of the day, I won't be eating diner for another eight hours or so.
-
Pink Panther
West London,
United Kingdom

Enthusiast

icon01 May 2004 20:50
you're going to eat a whole diner? P.I.G. pig! 40

Daryl, you have mail

I also have alarm fitting instructions for RS/ST and heated grip instructions for RS/ST/Tiger. I have sent all these and belly pan instructions to Stuart so maybe they will be in knowledge base.

Daryl, did you get the instructions? Just noticed the instructions were for VIN 141872 onwards - does that tally?
-
Daryl Harvey
Essex,
United Kingdom

icon01 May 2004 23:12
Pink Panther

Got the fiiting instructions downloaded and printed off top draw.

I have mailed you to confirm all is ok as well.

Thanks for all the help

Regards

Daryl
-
Danger Dave
Kronoberg,
Sweden

Enthusiast

icon13 Apr 2018 07:41
Grif:
Ah there yer go...nice one Pinkster.

As far as trimming goes, you just need to trim a 'U' out for the oil cooler. If you look at pic 2 in my profile you should be able to get the idea.

I have just got a belly pan to fit my 2001 speed triple.
Would it be possible to have a look at your installation?
If you still have any pictures after all these years that is? 01
-
Terry Colley
Sydney,
Australia

Daytona 955i (04-06)

icon14 Apr 2018 00:27
Wow! Resurrecting a 14 year old thread. That has to be some sort of a record.
-
NextRSSPreviousTech Forums > Problem Solving > Sprint RS Bellypan Fitting on Speed Triple
-