Triumph Torque Logo

Sunday, 24 September 2017 Register | Login
Next PostPrevious PostTech Posts > Problem Solving > Spray Clutch making all the wrong noises. Daytona 1200
Info
Manchester,
United Kingdom

Daytona 1200 SE

31 Aug 2017 12:43
Thanks for the replies, left the bike for the last couple of days and just been watching the racing. Hopefully won't need to start it too many times. once to get to the ferry (should be able to bump start). Once to get on the ferry will try the button if that fails there should be plenty of people around to push it on. Then push bump of the ferry and straight home only an hour or so away so no need to stop for anything. Was going to have a go at bump starting today but raining so will leave that till tomorrow.

Should be fun trying to bump this big old lump. Any possible damage/bits in the engine from running the bike? Don't want it locking up going down the road with the wife on the back.

Unfortunately it's a 1998 so doesn't have the access cover. Bike had been stood a long time when I bought it a couple of years ago so has still only done 25000 miles. In June I did 3300 miles round Europe on it glad it didn't go then

Yes I do have breakdown cover but would rather get it back to the mainland ,Liverpool and hopefully home before using it.

I tried bump starting a street triple a couple of years ago and had no success just kept locking the back wheel up. Hopefully the weight of the D1200 may help turn the engine over.

Will keep you all posted how I get on. Then when home will get the engine on the bench and investigate.
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
Next PostPrevious PostTech Posts > Problem Solving > Spray Clutch making all the wrong noises. Daytona 1200
Start New ThreadForum Jump:
Who's Online?
Guests:63
Members:0
Premiers:0

Triumph Torque
- About Us
- Community Guidelines
- Contact Us
- Statistics
Site Information
- Site Help