Triumph Torque Logo

Monday, 25 September 2017 Register | Login
Next PostPrevious PostTech Posts > Problem Solving > Fuel Pipe Fittings
Info
South Manchester,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (99-01)

04 Aug 2017 11:37
Little update in case it's of any help to anyone in the future & to try & keep all the information in one place.

On my 2001 Daytona 955 the two fuel pipe hoses are different diameters & as someone has already said in another post I've read, the supply pipe to the injectors has a 7mm i/d while the larger return hose has a 9.5mm i/d.

Replacement male fittings from Triumph are still made by CPC & are still plastic !
The red fitting, (Triumph part No. T1241170) is marked as 10mm & the white fitting, (Triumph part No.T1241165) is marked as 8mm.
Neither fitting is equipped with valves.

So, replacement metal male 90 degree fittings from Tom Parker with the correct viton seals are listed in their catalogue as suitable for either 1/4" or 3/8" i/d hose, which is where my confusion stemmed from. Not so much the 3/8" fitting as that equates to 9.52mm, but the 1/4" fitting that equates to 6.35mm as I thought that might be a bit loose on the 7mm hose.

Because the replacement Triumph parts are no better than the original parts, (which in fairness have lasted 16 years) I'm not going to use them. I'm guessing the metal 1/4" fitting from Tom Parker will give a good seal on the 7mm hose so I'm going to wait for the metal fittings to arrive from Parkers. They waiting for stock to arrive at the moment so I'll just have to wait & I'll update my finding as soon as I fit them.
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
Next PostPrevious PostTech Posts > Problem Solving > Fuel Pipe Fittings
Start New ThreadForum Jump:
Who's Online?
Guests:88
Members:2
Premiers:0

Triumph Torque
- About Us
- Community Guidelines
- Contact Us