Triumph Torque Logo

Friday, 22 September 2017 Register | Login
Next PostPrevious PostTech Posts > Problem Solving > Weel they did warn me-2001 Speed triple dash electrics issues
Info
Winterdown,
United Kingdom

Site Moderator
Premier Member
Speed Triple T509

03 Jul 2017 23:53
The temp gauge going off scale is a common fault on earlier bikes with an earth block ... an earthing problem -which is why that route was suggested
It is likely you do have a 2001 machine but many sat around not being registered, so there are some earlier bikes first registered in later years (which can confuse things with model year designation)

there are a number of smallish (but none the less irritating ) electrical faults , most of which are cheap to fix

mini led indicators suggest all is not stock ... you'll have to forgive my memory of the detail on a 16 year old bike but if I recall correctly the dash light & led indicators did not work together without a mod to the dash light (diodes I think to stop all 4 flashing together). If this hasn't been done maybe the previous owner did his own mod just to get the leds flashing (cut a wire?).

TBH the 2001 MY were generally actually OK

Quote:
but I expected more.....

to be frank that does make you sound a bit of a Richard when people are trying to help
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
Next PostPrevious PostTech Posts > Problem Solving > Weel they did warn me-2001 Speed triple dash electrics issues
Start New ThreadForum Jump:
Who's Online?
Guests:70
Members:0
Premiers:3

Triumph Torque
- About Us
- Community Guidelines
- Contact Us
- Statistics
Site Information
- Site Help