Triumph Torque Logo

Friday, 20 July 2018 Register | Login
Next PostPrevious PostEvent Posts > UK Southern Softies > Hi, another southerner jumps in
Info
EAST SUSSEX,
United Kingdom

Daytona 955i (02)

04 Oct 2016 19:59
Touch !
Had a result today in borrowing some axle stands from work. Larger than normal (maybe for a van ?) they fitted neat under my rear footrests that i'd turned upside down. ( yeah i read a lot of threads before joining) Just had to lower my bike from paddock stand on to axle stands. Undid rear shock which slid out a treat once i'd worked out how to get the gas cannister through the rear brake hoses.

Undid my suspension links and took the whole assembly from the bike. Lower sleeve slid out smoothly bearings all look good. The other sleeve, nearest to lower shock mounting, was more difficult to remove. There was rust and pitting evident particularly at one end. The needle roller bearings fell out too. So looks like this was the cause of my stiff rear end !!!

Feel like i've been lucky here compared to the difficulties i've read about that some have. But it's thanks to people posting their experiences that led me to WD40 'penetrating' spray everything up for three days before i tackled job. I recommend it.

Going to send my shock to 'Brook suspension' £119.99 to rebuild/repair.

Bit of a long post. Sorry.
Advertisement
Remove adverts by upgrading to a premier account
Next PostPrevious PostEvent Posts > UK Southern Softies > Hi, another southerner jumps in
Start New ThreadForum Jump:
Who's Online?
Guests:68
Members:5
Premiers:0

Triumph Torque
- About Us
- Community Guidelines
- Contact Us
- Statistics
Site Information
- Site Help